Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schott 141 Cafe Jacket

Dear GSR Forum:

I shelled out 660 bucks for a model 141 Schott Cafe Racer jacket this past week. I only have had a few heavy leather garments in my time but I must say I am pleased with this coat. It weighs about 7 pounds and was stiff as a board when I took it out of the box.

All in all a nice jacket. I did notice what some would consider flaws in the stitching in unobtrusive areas of inner seams which was a bit of a shock for me.
    However I am in for a penny on this one having been charged 99 bucks tax and 60 dollars shipping.

I have one Chinese made jacket and it is in all ways flawless so take the reviews on the Schott website as propaganda and make your purchase accordingly. Apparently they have dealers out there so trying one on and doing a thorough inspection is possible. I emailed their customer support and was told if any issues occurred with the areas I pointed out they would repair the jacket free of charge. The response time to queries was fast and the tone of the exchanges was respectful and fair.

Nice jacket. I have a Schott 585 that I just love. Its a brown leather jacket, I didn't want black. It was a little pricey but well worth it. I bought mine at "US Wings" in Hudson, Ohio real good service. Great web site too.
    My Motorcycles:
    22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
    22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
    79 1000e (all original)
    82 850g (all original)
    80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Schott Jackets

You probably know, Schott made the military leather flight jackets too before they became available to the public.

I've had great luck with San Diego leather. They cut the leather and stitch the jackets together on site (in National City). They'll customize their jackets just about any way you'd like. Heavier weight leather, lighter, wind flaps behind the zipper, inside pockets, etc.... And I thought $300 (SD Leather) was a crap load for a jacket
      Scott
      1982 GS1000S #1 bought in 84, #2 gone, #3 in hibernation
      1983 GS1100ES #1 (bought in 03, July 09 BOM, 65k traded in 17), #2 New daily rider, #3 in hibernation
      1982 GS1100E Red #1 - Original owner, sold in 93, #2 (Red) sold in 20 to Andy B
      2018 Gold Wing Tour - new out of the crate :) 1st non-Suzuki in 38 years
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X