G&S Suzuki. Best by far.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G&S Suzuki. Best by far.

I'm very new to this forum. As a matter of fact this thread tells how I found this website. I was looking around for parts for my GS1000 and stumbled upon gssuzuki.com. As I was placing my order for carb parts, gaskets, and pipe intakes I ran into a small problem with completing my order. So I called G&S and was put on the phone with the Manager named Beau. Guy knew his stuff! He walked my through the entire sale to show me how to use the website and then took my order over the phone to cut my shipping cost!!! After talking with him for the better half of an hour about gs stuff, he directed me to this forum. Told me the guys on here could really help me with ideas for rebuilding my café. Took me about a week and half to receive my parts, which he told me from the word go. Cant believe how good the customer service was from this place. Lifetime customer here for sure.

Took me two months to get most of my stuff from G&S, some of it longer. This after several phone calls from Beau containing lies, half truths and misdirections. Lies which didn't even fit with his other lies. He didn't even bother to keep track of his own BS.

Never again.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

yeah, forum results with g&s have been mixed, to say the least. the one order i placed with them took way too long to get to me. add me to the "not again" list.
      1983 GS 1100 ESD

Comment

Originally posted by CEFUS827 View Post
        I'm very new to this forum. As a matter of fact this thread tells how I found this website. I was looking around for parts for my GS1000 and stumbled upon gssuzuki.com. As I was placing my order for carb parts, gaskets, and pipe intakes I ran into a small problem with completing my order. So I called G&S and was put on the phone with the Manager named Beau. Guy knew his stuff! He walked my through the entire sale to show me how to use the website and then took my order over the phone to cut my shipping cost!!! After talking with him for the better half of an hour about gs stuff, he directed me to this forum. Told me the guys on here could really help me with ideas for rebuilding my café. Took me about a week and half to receive my parts, which he told me from the word go. Cant believe how good the customer service was from this place. Lifetime customer here for sure.
        Welcome to the site, I'm sure someone will direct you toward the appropriate welcome information and newbie mistakes thread which is worth reading.

It's great when you get that personal service from a dealership and good luck with the bike.
        2018 Honda Africa Twin AS
        2013 DR 650 Grey, sold 1981 GS 650E Silver,

1980 GS1000ST Blue & White, X2

2012 DL650 Vstrom Foxy Orange, in storage
        1981 CT110 X2 "Postie Bikes" Gone to a New Home.
        2002 BMW 1150 GS Blue & White - Sold
        1975 BMW R90/6 Black - Sold 1984 GS1150EF Sold
        1982 BMW R100 Africa trip, Stolen - Recovered- Sold
        1977-1980 Suzuki GS550, GS1000E, GS1000S GSX750, GSX1100,s
        Hondas ST90, CR125 CB175 , CB350 CB750, NSU Quickly, Yamaha RD's 350/400,

Comment

Welcome! Take a look at post # 1 of this thread for a start on information on our bikes. Glad you had a good experience with them .....step in the right direction. http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=196338

cg
          sigpic
          83 GS1100g
          2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Thanks for the welcome guys! Its really cool to find abunch of guys like me looking to rebuild and keep in my opinion Suzuki's best line of bikes alive. I understand you are all entitled to your opinion, and I also understand that not everybody is going to have the best of opinions, its impossible to make everybody happy. However, the customer service I received was excellent. And Beau also told me the best way to get better service is by calling in your order so that you can save on the shipping cost. He did also explain to me that keeping every "old" Suzuki part would be impossible, and that some items would be possibly back ordered or discontinued, so he was at least honest with me about it.

I also have the understanding that finding and getting parts for bikes like ours can be a time consuming process. But I appreciate the input and will definintly be taking full advantage of everybody's opinions and advice!

Comment

I initially ordered parts from G&S...took way too long (in my case over a month) to get the parts.
              I use partsfish.com, even special order parts (which most of them are) only take a couple weeks--if that.
              1982 Suzuki GS450TZ
              1982 Suzuki GS1100EZ

Comment

I still cringe when I see the words G & S Suzuki. I was also lied to from Beau numerous times. Same issue as many others, 2 months to get a parts order. I will never buy from there again but glad you had a good experience, maybe he is learning from all the negative feedback.
                1982 GS 550 L

Comment

Originally posted by rkroby View Post
                  I still cringe when I see the words G & S Suzuki. I was also lied to from Beau numerous times. Same issue as many others, 2 months to get a parts order. I will never buy from there again but glad you had a good experience, maybe he is learning from all the negative feedback.
                  I have been doing some reading up and have seen the negative reviews. And once again, I do respect and take into consideration your opinion. However, when speaking with Beau he did forewarn me of some negative reviews on here. I was told that he's the general manager of his dealership, and that he's been in that position for just under a year. I can say this much, try actually talking with him about these bikes and your opinion may just change. The kid is super smart when it comes to working on the bikes and what parts work best. Who knows? Maybe he's got it figured out now, but my experience was awesome.

Any how, I'm in the process of wiring in an updated light assembly on my 1000, any ideas anybody?

Comment

Originally posted by CEFUS827 View Post
                    I have been doing some reading up and have seen the negative reviews. And once again, I do respect and take into consideration your opinion. However, when speaking with Beau he did forewarn me of some negative reviews on here. I was told that he's the general manager of his dealership, and that he's been in that position for just under a year. I can say this much, try actually talking with him about these bikes and your opinion may just change. The kid is super smart when it comes to working on the bikes and what parts work best. Who knows? Maybe he's got it figured out now, but my experience was awesome.

Any how, I'm in the process of wiring in an updated light assembly on my 1000, any ideas anybody?
                    Super smart is of no consequence when he's dishonest.

Comment

If you got good service from him , stick with him till you don't .
                      I ordered a starter from Old Bike Barn and then found that everyone else that dealt with him got a bit of a rough trot .
                      Not so with me .
                      It was delivered to the other side of the world in less than 2 weeks .
                      I'll deal with him again , till it goes to $hit , then probably never again .

Welcome to the site , by the way .
                      Everthang you ever wanted to know about these old girls is right here .

Have fun .

Cheers , Simon .

'79 GS1000S my daily ride in Aus

'82 (x2) GS650ET in the shed

Comment

You'll have better service with Boulevard Suzuki out of Florida than with G&S
                        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

+1, very good to me as well.

Comment

I've honestly never had a problem with either G&S or Boulevard, but both have had mixed reviews here. Nobody has most OEM Suzuki parts in stock, they wait for a certain "quota" of customer orders to come in and then place their order with Suzuki. This can take a week or two alone. And then the parts are shipped from Suzuki to the dealer (from Japan?), which takes another week, and then at least 5 more business days to get to the customer. So, minimum two weeks no matter what.

My current favorite for customer support is Z1 Enterprises. Their website has aftermarket parts, but you can call or email them for OEM orders. My experience has been that their base prices are a little higher, but their shipping costs are lower than the G&S and Boulevard.
                            Charles
                            --
                            1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Rouge
                              Sometimes it is in how we deal with others that makes the difference. Works for me.
                              Now isn't that the truth!
                              sigpic
                              83 GS1100g
                              2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Working...
                              X