BOTM photo submissions needed NOW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BOTM photo submissions needed NOW

Hello everyone - As of today, 2/28/2023, The GS Resources has no (zero) BOTM submissions available in our data base for consideration. If you’ve ever thought about submitting your GS Suzuki for the BOTM feature, now is the time to submit your photos.
    As of now, there won’t be a March 2023 BOTM posting unless we receive submissions for this feature….so again, if you’ve ever thought about sharing a photo of your GS Suzuki with everyone, now is the time to do it !
    Submit your photos below:

Mark N.

I don't have anything to submit now, but will once I get my 450 hopefully repaired before the start of summer. Always fun to see people's bikes and it is impressive how long BOTW has been going. I hope some others take the time to frame up a good picture on a nice day!
    1982 Suzuki GS450TXZ
    1985 Honda CB700SC Nighthawk S
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom DL650

Comment

How 'bout that Kat that was just finished and video posted.
      1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

How about my GS1000, owned for 23 years and has most of the recommended modifications done. I tried to upload to bike of the month, but it said file to big ?.
        20220901_155507~2 by Dennis Harland, on Flickr
        My bikes 79 GS1000 1085 checked and approved by stator the GSR mascot and 77 GS750 with 850 top end, GS850g, and my eldest sons 78 GS550, youngest sons GS125. Project bike 79 GS1000N

Comment

Originally posted by nvr2old View Post
          How 'bout that Kat that was just finished and video posted.
          I just watched it….awesome video….my fingers are crossed that the owner submits a photo or two for the Bike of the Month feature.

Comment

Originally posted by uk gs nut View Post
            How about my GS1000, owned for 23 years and has most of the recommended modifications done. I tried to upload to bike of the month, but it said file to big ?.
            Beautiful bike and a great photo….. are you able to reduce the pixel size to meet the BOTM photo requirement?…..sometimes a bit of cropping is enough to reduce it

Comment

Originally posted by uk gs nut View Post
              Submit the Flickr photo you did on here . There should be zero file size as it is a link . Unless the photo of the month has different rules than the ones for photos in the forum .....
              Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
              Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
              1983 GS 750

Comment

Ya'll got to get this figured out and lined up for next mo. BOTM... That thing looks gorrrguus !!!
                1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Mark, I see that Frank’s bike has been chosen for March BOTM, and well deserved.

Respectfully, just to satisfy my own, and I’m sure others’ curiosity about how this works:

After the request for entries on 2/28 I submitted 2 photos for consideration. I received a pop up that the photos were successfully submitted. They met the pixel dimension and file size requirements. If I do say so, myself, I believe that either one is good photo, a good representation of the particular model, and of my resto-modification in particular. So I ask:

Did you receive my submitted photos?

If you received my photos, did they meet the pixel dimension and file size requirements? (I’m 99.9% sure that they did)

If properly sized, was my submission rejected or would I be in the running for future BOTM without resubmitting.

If rejected, was there a particular reason other than your personal preference for another’s submission? (There is no wrong answer here, and no hard feelings on my part for coming in behind Frank).

You are, of course, under no obligation to answer any of these questions. If we want people to submit entries for BOTM, I think an understanding of the process would encourage more participation. Just looking for a little transparency. I read Frank’s reply on a previous thread where there was perceived criticism of the forum/BOTM. I appreciate the work the you, Frank, Don, and others do to keep this site up. It truly is my favorite place online, and I’ve made a lot of friends here.

Rich
                  1982 GS 750TZ
                  2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                  Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                    Mark, I see that Frank’s bike has been chosen for March BOTM, and well deserved.

Respectfully, just to satisfy my own, and I’m sure others’ curiosity about how this works:

After the request for entries on 2/28 I submitted 2 photos for consideration. I received a pop up that the photos were successfully submitted. They met the pixel dimension and file size requirements. If I do say so, myself, I believe that either one is good photo, a good representation of the particular model, and of my resto-modification in particular. So I ask:

Did you receive my submitted photos?

If you received my photos, did they meet the pixel dimension and file size requirements? (I’m 99.9% sure that they did)

If properly sized, was my submission rejected or would I be in the running for future BOTM without resubmitting.

If rejected, was there a particular reason other than your personal preference for another’s submission? (There is no wrong answer here, and no hard feelings on my part for coming in behind Frank).

You are, of course, under no obligation to answer any of these questions. If we want people to submit entries for BOTM, I think an understanding of the process would encourage more participation. Just looking for a little transparency. I read Frank’s reply on a previous thread where there was perceived criticism of the forum/BOTM. I appreciate the work the you, Frank, Don, and others do to keep this site up. It truly is my favorite place online, and I’ve made a lot of friends here.

Hi Rich - Your photo was in fact received, and it met the required file size. Thank you for your submission. The March 2023 photo that was submitted by Frank Perrault was actually being processed when your submission was received. (actually, several photo submissions were received the same day) Make sure to check back…your photo submission is in the queue !

Comment

Thanks for the reply Mark. Much appreciated.
                      Rich
                      1982 GS 750TZ
                      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                      Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Timing is everything - "I cudda been a contender!"

UK GS NUT - '78 or '79? (I'll say '78.) Very nice.
                        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                          Timing is everything - "I cudda been a contender!"

UK GS NUT - '78 or '79? (I'll say '78.) Very nice.
                          Rob S - I just checked our database, and if you made a BOTM photo submission, it unfortunately wasn’t saved properly. If you make a BOTM submission, please send me a Private Message and I will follow your submission through the process. Thx

Comment

I want more pictures of uk gs nut's bike... That thing is really an eye catcher.
                            1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

rphilips, my gs1000 is a 79 model built around August 78. Originally from California. It was painted rattle can black when I bought it in 1999 and registered it here in UK. As stated in my previous post it has quite a few mods, eg SH775. Fork emulator valves with progressive springs. GSX swingarm. VM28 carbs with a modified shaft airbox. 1085 big bore, and more if I think long enough. Glad it has an admirer.
                              20210608_151751 by Dennis Harland, on Flickr
                              My bikes 79 GS1000 1085 checked and approved by stator the GSR mascot and 77 GS750 with 850 top end, GS850g, and my eldest sons 78 GS550, youngest sons GS125. Project bike 79 GS1000N

Comment

Working...
                              X