No announcement yet.

what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changed the seat on Goldy for one of my new custom ones.
    It took a whole minute. I almost broke a sweat! LOL!
    (Hitch pins on seat pins. )

Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
      Started figuring out how I can safely get a tool kit in the tail piece of the 450 without it falling out... I think I have a plan
      Come on Pete it's not difficult, hacksaw and a grinder make the tools fit under the seat everytime, cheers mate.
      Shin-Ken 1074
      1982 GSX1100SXZ Wire Wheel Katana - BOM Nov 2011
      1981 GSX1135 Katana Build completed Mar 2024, Curb Weight, all fluids and 21 lt fuel = 206 kg.

Comment

Originally posted by Shin-Ken 1074 View Post
        Come on Pete it's not difficult, hacksaw and a grinder make the tools fit under the seat everytime, cheers mate.
        Hahaha very true Glen... although I don't think my electrics will like that somehow

Still fiddling with it... PITA at the moment because I'm doing it the hard way... that's how I usually do stuff... more fool me right? I'll get it eventually

Was hoping I'd have it in by Sunday but alas my tank bag will still be my toolbox...
        1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
        1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
          Hahaha very true Glen... although I don't think my electrics will like that somehow

Still fiddling with it... PITA at the moment because I'm doing it the hard way... that's how I usually do stuff... more fool me right? I'll get it eventually

Was hoping I'd have it in by Sunday but alas my tank bag will still be my toolbox...
          Sorry Pete my mistake, what I meant was use the hacksaw and grinder on the tools to make them fit in to your fabricated tool carrier, not to touch the 450 in any way, cheers.
          Shin-Ken 1074
          1982 GSX1100SXZ Wire Wheel Katana - BOM Nov 2011
          1981 GSX1135 Katana Build completed Mar 2024, Curb Weight, all fluids and 21 lt fuel = 206 kg.

Comment

Originally posted by Shin-Ken 1074 View Post
            Sorry Pete my mistake, what I meant was use the hacksaw and grinder on the tools to make them fit in to your fabricated tool carrier, not to touch the 450 in any way, cheers.
            Hahaha now that could be even more interesting Glen!

Never mind, tool tray definitely ain't gonna be ready for Sunday and I'll need my tank bag for the camera and water bottle anyway

sigpic

Comment

Put the new starter clutch in the 1100G powered 1000G. All finished except for rewiring the alternator, which I hard wired two years ago. Now the wires are too short. I got too cold to finish today. Solder six connections, reinstall the airbox, fuel tank, and side covers, and that's it. Probably finish tomorrow.

I now have a spare starter clutch kit for a 1000G, as I did not know it was an 1100 until after trying to install the 1000 kit.

Also worked on a '92 Poleris Indy Trail Deluxe. It had the wrong nuts on the back of the starter.
              sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Here are the lower forks of the '73 Z1. I got one done today. They, along with the other pieces, were in not so good condition.

Comment

'96 Ford Econo, AOD tranny filter and front seal. Well, the filter atleast, it was time for the SuperBowl and moskeeetos. Tranny drop and seal, tomorrow. Oh were talking fun now.
                  GSRick
                  No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                  Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

rebuilt the tensioner (that was in the locked service position for some unknown amount of time=running without a tensioner) on the GS750

Comment

Not today, but yesterday.
                      New air filter into the Beemer and sorted out the idle valve on the girl friends grocery getter.

Comment

Changed the front sprocket yesterday. Didn't get to test ride it until tonight and all I know for sure is that is still pulls away from a stop without drama. Only rode in the cul de sac across from the house.

Comment

just took apart my carbs and cleaned everything on my 79 gs550 for the first time ever.... only took me about 6 hours lol

Comment

Checked why my battery was flat this morning... only had 5 minutes but pretty sure my stator is toast

sigpic

Comment

Completed rewiring the stator and reassembled the 1100G powered 1000G. prepared to start it, and determined that the choke cable was seized. Removed the tank and removed the choke cable. Broke the cable trying to free it up. Found that I had a set of stainless allens for the engine cover from Z1 in a box of parts, so that got installed. Choke cable is on order.
                              Last edited by 850 Combat; 02-09-2012, 08:14 AM.
                              sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Today I took the carbs off my 7900 mile blue 1100E & put the Factory Pro needles in them & cleaned them out. Bike fired right up!!! My buddy GregB put the coil relay in for me & installed the Honda r/r & next is the Kerker that goes on temporarily till I get my Bassani fixed & ceramic coated. It sure did make me happy to hear it run!!! First time in over a year that it has run. Got the carbs real close on the first try too!!! I didn't have 50 pilot jets to put in it so drilled the 45s .003 bigger & haven't even touched the mixture screws from where I base lined them 3 turns out. Ray.

Comment

Working...
                                X