Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SVSooke View Post

Told Pete I was going to steal his idea
    Haha you did indeed! Feels good to have a lot more space to move things around the wheels though does it not?

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
    Helped Mothra get his 450 finally running (course he did all the work before I got there ). Now he just needs to fix the R/R and he'll be golden.
    Awesome Scott! I've seen him post so many frustrated posts and I never reply because I just can't think of anything to add to be helpful, so I'm really glad to see you were able to go help him out, and hopefully he can finally enjoy the fruits of his labour
    1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
    1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Haven't really tried it yet.Lowered it a bit,think it will be easrier this way.

Comment

A big fat nothing. I dropped my bike off a week ago at a shop to get it synced.

After cleaning the carbs they found that the petcock isn't working properly. So thanks to old_skool, I got a manual petcock and mounting bracket. The guy is going to convert it.
        So hopefully that solves all of my fuel issues.

I also ordered a new set of sprockets(T18 and T50 iirc) and a new tach cable. All that I know I will be getting next is a new horn and a new chain. I have no idea what chain to get.
        Any suggestions? Just puttzing around town. I'd like to not spend a whole lot on a chain.

Comment

Stock according to Cliff's site (http://members.dslextreme.com/users/...uki_Specs.html) is a 110
          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

did gaskets on the 1150 er 1100, new exhuast gaskets and header n pipe, carbs back on tomarrow and valve check and adjustment if needed, waiting on paint on my body work.should be tuning this weekend riding next week woohoo wish me luck hehe

Comment

Originally posted by SVSooke View Post
              Haven't really tried it yet.Lowered it a bit,think it will be easrier this way.
              Mine's work bench height which is the same as before and I found the height good but being too close to a wall and mounted on the solid end of the bench was too restrictive.

I also haven't had a chance to actually give mine a burl yet, but there's about 300% more access area around it so it should be a large improvement.

As for what I've been up to... nearly ready to test fit my battery box cover, just need to re-route the trickle charger connection to battery + as it will interfere with it where it is at the moment.
              1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
              1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                Stock according to Cliff's site (http://members.dslextreme.com/users/...uki_Specs.html) is a 110
                Oh, I meant more like, orings vs none, brands, etc.
                There are chains for 10 bucks all the way through 350 at one site I was looking at.
                I also have no chain breaking tool or a tool to put the master link in.

I don't want to spend a lot on a chain, but i don't want to get a cheap crappy one either.

Comment

The Xring chain is the right way to go and I highly recommend you look at Z1 Enterprises for their pricing. Spending 10 bucks on a chain is not worth the possibility it will break on you very quickly. Personally, you get what you pay for.

If you don't want to do a rivet master link, use the clip on style that they sell for the chains (an extra $4 for mine). Just make sure you install it facing the right direction (plenty of posts about that) or it will cause issues.
                  Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                  1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                  2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                  Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                  and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Head Gaskets. Bleeding like a stuck pig....All better now.

Comment

I've been trying to figure out why my bike is so cold-blooded and runs so rich when cold. I went through the carbs again and discovered that one of the pilot air screws is actually a 160 and the are 180's. I'm waiting on some gaskets before I can run, but I hope that helps fix the problem
                      1983 GS1100E

Comment

With the helping hands and NOT colorblind eyes of Frank Z., we managed to reroute the wiring harness back the way it should have been. The PO had VM 29s and pods and when they did whatever else the did, they left the wiring harness under the frame cross member instead of running thru the designated hole supplied for the pass thru. Also we discovered why the front brakes wouldnt accuate the brake light..the plastic deal with the spring and U shaped copper contact was totally missing. Went to the parts box and scavenged one off an old master and got all that up and running. I also have a working left turn signal..was a loose wire at the positive lead plug. And I replaced the leaking fuel tube orings on one of the other 1000s. Was a productive and busy day. Thanks and Mucho Garcias to you Frank.
                        MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                        1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Finished rebuilding carbs on sons' 79 850, put them back on and bike would barely start or run (hasn't rode it for over a yr.) Put in new set of plugs, fired right up and is idling well and throttle reponse is great.
                          starts on a slight touch of the starter button with no choke! Still have to sync. carbs. and maybe tweak air screws, but I am amazed and so happy with it so far! Can't wait to finish and take it out on the road!! terrylee

Comment

Originally posted by terrylee View Post
                            Finished rebuilding carbs on sons' 79 850, put them back on and bike would barely start or run (hasn't rode it for over a yr.) Put in new set of plugs, fired right up and is idling well and throttle reponse is great.
                            starts on a slight touch of the starter button with no choke! Still have to sync. carbs. and maybe tweak air screws, but I am amazed and so happy with it so far! Can't wait to finish and take it out on the road!! terrylee
                            WTG!!!!

Comment

No problem Chuck. Happy to help and learn a few things.
                              Here's a decal for your S...
                              '80 GS1000ST
                              '92 ZX-11
                              Past rides: '79 GS1000SN, '84 GPZ900R

http://totalrider.com/

Comment

Wonder if Larry can clear over them..HMMM!!!!
                                MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                                1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Working...
                                X