No announcement yet.

what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey...I am gonna take a pic of that other box we found..its not in the parts fiches.
    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
      Hey...I am gonna take a pic of that other box we found..its not in the parts fiches.
      Per shop manual, appears to be output terminal...
      Last edited by Frank Z.; 03-15-2012, 09:28 PM.
      '80 GS1000ST
      '92 ZX-11
      Past rides: '79 GS1000SN, '84 GPZ900R

http://totalrider.com/

Comment

repaired the starter clutch on my 11F. Typical honda repair.

Comment

Frank..Ok i will leave it there...was just about to cut all the wiring out of the left side...LMAO...get it ????
          MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
          1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Got the battery box cover lid rivetted to the hinges... only got about 15 minutes tonight so nothing else done.
            1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
            1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Worked on a GS250 with a friend. He is attempting to bring it back to life for someone he knows. Interesting little bike. Too small for a big lug like me, it would suit his diminutive wife just fine.

Comment

Aaron (the Schwartz) stopped by last night to have a look a slipping clutch problem on both our bikes. As I had the springs and gasket already, we replaced mine. Gave him the other three springs from my set.

Got it all back together, tested the clutch, and my cable breaks on the first pull.... It was frayed and I had ordered a new one last week, which came today

Comment

For the past two days I've been working on the 1100G. Valve shims (all the exh valves were tight, went from 2.70 to 2.55 and 2.50), new cam cover gasket (realgasket) and new half moons. Complete tune up going on here, new plugs, got some wiring issues I'm straightening out, I need to put on my new rear tire, but I'm running out of time for that, I need it for a fairly long ride tomorrow (the 850 needs new front brake pads now) so I'll probably do the tire next week. Oh yeah, it turns too far to the right; apparently before PlaneCrazy got the bike it was in an accident and had the gas tank, forks, and triple replaced. The triple doesn't have the stop on the right side, so I'm going to weld a stop block on the frame.
                  Done with lunch, it's back to work now.

Comment

Fit a new windscreen on the bike and cut it down a bit. Was a bit too much "touring" for my taste.

Comment

Not sure if I'm a fan of the corners of the windscreen. But then again, I don't really like the sportier looking stuff a whole lot.

Actually Mindless, your bike is one of the first crotch rocketish bikes that I would kill for. *drools*

I worked on my bike for 5 minutes. Took some parts to the mechanic and put on a new tach cable since mine has been broken from day 1. The cable was in 4 pieces.
                      T'was sad to see her sitting in pieces around their shop.

Comment

New pads, fluid and cleaned calipers (3) on my pallys 1981 ahem, Honda CB750 Supersport. Not sure they were ever serviced before..... also changed his oil/filter after he asked how much do I torque the drain plug?

To me this is cheap therapy.

Comment

78 gs 1000

Because I don't trust myself to clean my gunked up carbs or adjust my valve clearance which I'm assuming NEEDS to be done by all the racket it produces. I polished and waxed. Then decided that my forks looked like they were 34 yrs old (which they are) and decided that I wanted them to look new so I put a medium wire buffer bit on my drill and buffed and over the next few hrs worked up to a real fine steel wool. Now I have the right fork looking like new and the left looking old. Looks like instead of my Sunday ride I'll be buffing some more. I think by the time I have the cash to visit the bike doc she'll look like she's brand new. Now If only I could get her running that way. At least It'll only cost me $300 to clean the carbs, adjust the valve clearance, retap the oil pan (yes I ruined the thread hence why I'm not attemping to do anything major), and rewire the turn singles. Then I think I'll have to see how far I can go before I have to go back home.

Comment

Replaced my bullet connectors and watched the auto repair guy weld the new air box bracket onto my bike.
                            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Pulled, cleaned, and painted stator cover, going to put the replacement stator in tomorrow and put the covers back on with ss socket caps.... pics to follow.

The used stator going in looks worse than the old one coming out. I'll be going through the full tests again soon as I get new oil in the bike.

Comment

Changed the oil and filters in my CTS, Suburban and Miata....
                                Also put new rear rotors and pads on the CTS...

Today...the K-bike gets an oil change and new filter.
                                Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                                '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Working...
                                X