• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
    How did annoying the neighbors go?
    You did a good job of it right?

Eric
    Oh yeah! Haha

Checked the timing this morning and discovered I'd used the "T" instead of "F" last night... ooops!

Fixed that and gave her some nice rev's over 3500RPM as per the Dyna setup instructions and full advance worked like a charm

It was like riding a whole different bike to work today... love it! It had developed some hesitation at times previously which I put down to crap fueling, but that was all gone today, none whatsoever, so I'd say that module has had issues for a while...

And tonight I kept pulling the Cucciolo down, got the gear box apart and worked out how it works etc. which was pretty cool. Getting close to a bare crankcase now...
    1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
    1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Well since I did not have fork oil to do the forks with on the 850 I settled for installing a universal crash loop up front like I have on Suzie Q. Had to heat and bend the lower supports a bit to work with the header pipes, then installed a pair of road pegs, (the rear pegs off a Ural), and drug out the center stand to install,..... need to raid a parts bike for the spring.

Did a 105 mile run on it Monday and only used 2.6 gal. not bad for pods and 4/1 pipes. Did have to add a bit of tape to the pod ends to get it to run right past 7000.
      V
      Gustov
      80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
      81 GS 1000 G
      79 GS 850 G
      81 GS 850 L
      83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
      80 GS 550 L
      86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
      2002 Honda 919
      2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Mounted up the pipes on this...

Comment

No wrenching, just some painting.

Got an open face for the cafe project, was bored, taped it up and got some plastic primer on yesterday evening along with first coat.

Also picked up the rear wheel form the polishers. Need to clean them, tape and repaint it tomorrow.

Comment

Washed, polished, and waxed the 450 ready for the GSR run tomorrow... not really wrenching though... although I did check the oil level if that counts... oh and I also bought a sprocket puller so I could get the crank out of the Ducati... so that's preparation for wrenching right?
            1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
            1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Hope you don't take a soil sample while wearing that thing!!!

Originally posted by wally View Post
              No wrenching, just some painting.

Got an open face for the cafe project, was bored, taped it up and got some plastic primer on yesterday evening along with first coat.

Comment

Originally posted by ptexotik View Post
                Hope you don't take a soil sample while wearing that thing!!!
                I agree 1,000%
                I did that ONCE myself. Not great results.

Eric

Comment

Me too!

Won't be an every day helmet - don't worry!

This is my current helmet:

But you look like bit of a chop on an older bike with new style helmet...

That being said, I will see how comfortable I feel after the first run...

Comment

Me too!

But you look like bit of a chop on an older bike with new style helmet...

That being said, I will see how comfortable I feel after the first run...
                    Newsflash: Image is NOT everything.
                    Like that Shoei!

Comment

True! I ride ATGATT, whatever the weather. Sooo...I will see.

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
                        I agree 1,000%
                        I did that ONCE myself. Not great results.

Eric
                        After seeing so many pics of gear from crash stories, I would never wear a helmet that was not full face. The survivor of the crash always show how grateful he is that he was wearing gear, and posts pics of the post-accident gear.

9/10 the helmet pics show most of the damage to the face plate, front, etc. Precisely where a 1/2 or 3/4 helmet does not exist.

Comment

That was forty years ago and I still have some of the scars today!
                          ATGATT
                          Including a FULL-FACE HELMET. Nothing less.

Eric

Comment

True! I ride ATGATT, whatever the weather. Sooo...I will see.
                            Just tryin' to plant a seed broseph.
                            That 450 looks cool!

Comment

Mounted the center stand on the 850 today, now to find a windshield.....hmmmmmmm.
                              Gustov
                              81 GS 1000 G
                              79 GS 850 G
                              81 GS 850 L
                              80 GS 550 L
                              2002 Honda 919
                              2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Tuned and synced the 1100 E, it is going to a new owner. New owner put tank on....hmmmmm no rear mount. So go out a piece of 14ga. a little beverly shear work and a few holes...whalla rear tank mount. He continued hooking up the gas line and vacume and installed the seat. We need to move the rear tank mount back about 1/4" but it rode.

Took it out for a short test run and wow and then blaaaaaaaaaa. I pulled into a friends drive. Start die start die...not getting gas. It is hot so I take off my gear and start investigateing. See thru gas lines, yup not gettin gas. Remove vacume line a carb and suck..gas valve is working.....waite a min. he has the vent line hooked up not the gas line. 60 seconds later rum rum. Put gear back on and wooo hooooo hang on. Running good. New owner takes for very short spin and comes back with a grin from ear to ear.
                                V
                                Gustov
                                81 GS 1000 G
                                79 GS 850 G
                                81 GS 850 L
                                80 GS 550 L
                                2002 Honda 919
                                2004 Ural Gear up

Comment