• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5150/gs View Post
    I wrench on nothing lately,Badly destroyed collar bone,it SUX
    Oh damn ouch, get better soon.
    sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
    1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
    2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
      Starting to restore my 1973 John Deere ten speed bike...it has waited long enough.
      John Deere bicycle???

Comment

Guess so.
        1973 JD ten speed bike. Whooda thunk?

Comment

Originally posted by loud et View Post
          Guess so.
          1973 JD ten speed bike. Whooda thunk?
          Hmmm that is the cruiser bike. Mine doesn't have those type handle bars, seat, or the fenders.
          2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by GSScoobie View Post
            John Deere bicycle???
            I also have a JD mountain bike as well. It's lots newer lol. Pics forth coming.
            2015 CAN AM RTS

Comment

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
              Starting to restore my 1973 John Deere ten speed bike...it has waited long enough.
              Heavy for a bicycle, isn't it?
              sigpic[Tom]

“The greatest service this country could render the rest of the world would be to put its own house in order and to make of American civilization an example of decency, humanity, and societal success from which others could derive whatever they might find useful to their own purposes.” George Kennan

Comment

Originally posted by themess View Post
                Heavy for a bicycle, isn't it?
                Nothing rides like a John Deere LMAO. Though the frame on this 10 speed is built to take beating, It all lugged and welded. Probably weighs in at 30lbs.
                2015 CAN AM RTS

Comment

Here is the JD mountain bike. Bought it in 2007, I got one of the last ones. And yes as you can see in the background, I do have a extensive farm toy collection. That is just barely the tip you see there.
                  2015 CAN AM RTS

Comment

I finally finished makeind a new friends sons 550t mechanically sound. Cleaned carbs w/ new orings and intake O's, oil and filter, stator w/ hand cut gasket, good used r/r, rerouted wiring harness to corect path, hooked up turn wires correctly, flushed and bleed brakes, replaced clutch adjuster. This was over the last few months. Yesterday I installed a new petcock and synced the carbs. Had to take the carbs off twice. 2 and 3 were running intermittantly. At first I thought it was the float needles sticking, but they were dropping free. Next I thought it was the coil, nope. Took the carbs off again, removed the bowls, floats, needles and seat tubes. There was something crystalized on the screens, around the oring area and in the fuel passages. Sprayed out with cleaner and compressed air and reassembled. SWEET, it fired up on the first try with out the choke. Synced and adjusted idle and now it runs great. Delivered it last night and the dad was very happy. It still needs cosmetics but that is something they can do together. Nice to have a job accomplished, my first paying job, and to have the space back for working on my bikes.
                    GSRick
                    No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                    Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Built my first Camaro

Yep, I built my first car in a long time tonight after wrenching on the bike.

I'd bought Paul his first snap together model last week as his brother had gotten a decent Pie Wagon model from his aunt last month. Since I decided to get a 69 Ford "Shelby" Mustang GT350H one to help show his brother, I didn't want Paul to feel left out.

So, we got busy with putting seats, body, and wheels together. Although I ended up doing most of the work , he had a blast . Hopefully he'll want another soon and he can start doing it himself.

Here are some pictures of our build:

Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Look at that priceless smile!!!!!!too awesome.

Today i did a radiator and oil pan gasket on a 2001 dodge van.
                        Sealed the airbox on the blaster and took off the smashed bumber from the accident that laft me broken collar bone and hole in lung.Mocked up new bumper.
                        Replaced tie rod ends and realigned steering 2002 dodge 1500 4x4.
                        All with a badly hurting collarbone,while crawling out from under tha van my shoulder went snap and relieved majority of the pain.
                        Sure i will hurt bad in the morning after all this.Gotta make money being out of work for this tho,i refuse to stop.0 pain meds too.

Comment

Oh yah,winterized the bike for storage,proly still gonna ride it some more tho.

Comment

changed to the little tire set for snow season

Big

Little (last winter)

Also pulled the gs battery.
                            Hondas
                            '73 ATC70 '85 XL125S '02 XR650L
                            Suzuki
                            '83 gs750t vin#551 '97 DR650
                            Kaw
                            '89 KLR650

sigpic

Comment

Will have to get the snow tires on the cars soon too, but as dry and warm as it's been here I may have a couple weeks yet.

I finally checked my valve clearances today. That tappet tool takes some practice! Getting the spreadsheet from Steve so I can get my new shims ordered. I have a few that are borderline and two that are too small to measure (< 0.04mm).

Unfortunately I had two problems. One, the valve cover gasket was damaged so I need a new one. Two, one of the bolts broke. Luckily there is a good 3/4 of an inch of the bolt above the head so I should be able to remove it without too much difficulty. I ordered new bolts from Z1 and have thread anti-seize, so this should be a minor issue.

Comment

Picked up another 2 Star Malvern Star this avo for my little Cucciolo project and got one of the crank arms off, the seat off, and the front wheel off, all so I could mock up with my other parts and wheels.

Couldn't get the right crank off yet (cotter pin cranks, need a bigger hammer!) but hopefully will be able to make some noise after work tomorrow.

I'd share some photos but Photobucket is *still* causing me grief so I can't upload at the moment... anyone else having issues uploading?
                                1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                                1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Working...
                                X