what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replaced my clubmans with these sex toys:

Gotta drop those forks to sex them up, so it's wheelie time!

Here is the money shot!

Comment

Originally posted by MisterCinders View Post
      Replaced my clubmans with these sex toys:

Gotta drop those forks to sex them up, so it's wheelie time!

Here is the money shot!

very nice, are you going to replace the top yoke or do anything to hide the old bar clamps?
      1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
        very nice, are you going to replace the top yoke or do anything to hide the old bar clamps?
        Not sure yet. If I do anything, it would involve a backup top yoke, so I could revert to bars if need be.

For now, I'll stash the top halves of the clamps in a box.

Comment

I had been having trouble with my gs850. It was spitting what appeared to be oil out of the exhaust pipe, and I thought it was a bad ring in cylinder one. Well, as I started to take apart the motor to do a ring job, I noticed something rattling around in carb 1. Turns out the previous owner never reassembled that carb... and so it was just pooring gas through the bike. Just goes to show you can never trust the po....

Comment

just a crummy click-click at the solenoid, on the beaterbike 400, so whip out the starter motor, tweak the brushes,throw it back in-well, NEXT time it will be so fast to do, now that I know the exact tool-to-use sequence! and it will have to be redone with new brushes, but good enough for the short ride I took.....It's a fun bike to ride!
            Still, thanks to the onboard voltmeter, I see the charging is poor,and is discharging the battery when headlight is on, so I'll be into that now...she MUST be able to have a headlight on for safety....

added: tylerhurley94, absolutely true! I'm not sure all PO's are liars, though. I would hate to sell this bike, because then I would be a "PO", and even though I'd tell the buyer exactly what I'd done or not done or thought the bike needed, I'm sure I would forget something and the poor buyer would be stranded and cursing me !
            Last edited by Gorminrider; 05-01-2013, 11:00 AM.

Comment

De winterized my Lawn mower. Picked this bad boy up for free last year and I rebuilt the carb and it run fantastic now. It's an 87 yard machine with a 4hp Tecumseh motor. Started right up after I put gas and oil in it! Then I commenced to mow my lawn...

I love the Tecumseh motors on these push mowers. I built my first mower with a Briggs & Scrap Iron deck and a Tecumseh motor when I use to mow 10-20 lawns a day for summer jobs. The first Briggs & Scrap Iron motor died after a week... The mower was still running great when I sold it to an old man after finding a kitchen job when I turned 17. Ran the mower hard all day for 8 hours a day for 2 summers in a row... Can't kill em'.
              Jedz Moto
              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
              1988 Honda GL1500-6
              2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
              2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
              Originally posted by Hayabuser
              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
                just a crummy click-click at the solenoid, on the beaterbike 400, so whip out the starter motor, tweak the brushes,throw it back in-well, NEXT time it will be so fast to do, now that I know the exact tool-to-use sequence! and it will have to be redone with new brushes, but good enough for the short ride I took.....It's a fun bike to ride!
                Still, thanks to the onboard voltmeter, I see the charging is poor,and is discharging the battery when headlight is on, so I'll be into that now...she MUST be able to have a headlight on for safety....

added: tylerhurley94, absolutely true! I'm not sure all PO's are liars, though. I would hate to sell this bike, because then I would be a "PO", and even though I'd tell the buyer exactly what I'd done or not done or thought the bike needed, I'm sure I would forget something and the poor buyer would be stranded and cursing me !
                So what's the secret? I'm dreading this at the moment... mine's become hard to start and so far I'm 50/50 on battery or starter... did you have to rip the cam chain tensioner out to get the starter out? I'm now regretting saying to myself "she'll be right" while I had the starter out of the motor during the rebuild...
                1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by Steel Toed Tank View Post
                  I know what that is.

Frame off resto? Vurry nice.

Down the road I want a Big Red, 350X and 250R in the stable.

Make sure you post some pics when she's done!

Yeah for sure, even without the side wall puncture I wouldn't have gone out of my little town (over 50 km/h) on it.

It was made in 92!
                  Frame off, yesto to the resto.

It was a 200x frame that I started with. The rear mono shock is from a 1984 250R and the rear swinger assembly is an 86 250R. LOTS of work to make it all fit and the upper shock mount assembly I custom built and balanced so that when I sit on the bike, the whole bike, front and rear, drops about 1".
                  Many hours into the project so far and several reasons I chose the parts that I did. The engine that is in it as of today, is only there for testing and fabrication. The real mill is sitting in pieces (many more hours and dollars in that lump) and will be installed next spring/summer. The frame had to be modded in order to get the engine in. I'll just leave it at that, for now.

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                    Man oh man that brings back memories. i rode a 250r back in the early 90s. it was an absolute screamer, yet perfectly behaved. Nice looking resto thus far.
                    Thanks. This one will do a little scream'N of its' own, when completed.

Comment

speaking of the PO's here's what they may tape over...
                      aha.Rear harness burned full length and then neatly taped over by...somebody, who also mismatched wires at the regulator . I was hoping fixing all this would fix the lowcharge condition but no...right now, it looks to be the stator as problem. Darn.

Comment

Washed the CM400 Hondamatic, pulled the carbs and gave them a hot bath in the ultrasonic cleaner, sanded down the tank and side covers for a repaint, and ordered a new decal kit. Getting her freshened up to sell, since the wife has no interest in motorcycles anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post

De winterized my Lawn mower. Picked this bad boy up for free last year and I rebuilt the carb and it run fantastic now. It's an 87 yard machine with a 4hp Tecumseh motor. Started right up after I put gas and oil in it! Then I commenced to mow my lawn...

I love the Tecumseh motors on these push mowers. I built my first mower with a Briggs & Scrap Iron deck and a Tecumseh motor when I use to mow 10-20 lawns a day for summer jobs. The first Briggs & Scrap Iron motor died after a week... The mower was still running great when I sold it to an old man after finding a kitchen job when I turned 17. Ran the mower hard all day for 8 hours a day for 2 summers in a row... Can't kill em'.
                          4 hp huh?
                          Yeah, but how much power are you really putting to the ground? Pfffft, probably only 3.4 hp.
                          Let me guess you are running an open exhaust too with no packing? You are probably one of THOSE guys who goes back and forth across the yard in the evening.....running WOT. Sheesh

Haha I got a Toro push mower the same way....quick clean up and the beast runs like new. Love that!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave8338 View Post
                            Frame off, yesto to the resto.

It was a 200x frame that I started with. The rear mono shock is from a 1984 250R and the rear swinger assembly is an 86 250R. LOTS of work to make it all fit and the upper shock mount assembly I custom built and balanced so that when I sit on the bike, the whole bike, front and rear, drops about 1".
                            Many hours into the project so far and several reasons I chose the parts that I did. The engine that is in it as of today, is only there for testing and fabrication. The real mill is sitting in pieces (many more hours and dollars in that lump) and will be installed next spring/summer. The frame had to be modded in order to get the engine in. I'll just leave it at that, for now.
                            You going with a CR500R?

Comment

Originally posted by Steel Toed Tank View Post
                              You going with a CR500R?
                              Nope. Going to be under 225cc.

Comment

Originally posted by loud et View Post
                                4 hp huh?
                                Yeah, but how much power are you really putting to the ground? Pfffft, probably only 3.4 hp.
                                Let me guess you are running an open exhaust too with no packing? You are probably one of THOSE guys who goes back and forth across the yard in the evening.....running WOT. Sheesh

Haha I got a Toro push mower the same way....quick clean up and the beast runs like new. Love that!
                                More like 2.5 hp now lol. Mower is only a few years younger then me..

No the muffler is the stock one un-modified and the muffler is one of those that point into the deck so it's not too loud....

I only run it WOT when I deiced to push it into the weeds to increase my yard size .. Duh Lol

Here's what I wrenched on before coming to work... 2012 TaoTao Chinese scooter... had 7 miles on it when my customer bought it but it didn't run. Man I cannot tell you how cheaply made these things are... As I took the wood screws that held the plastic work together I just thought... Oh god this thing is cheap as hell I'm not sure if I can get it running. Pulled the carb out found my culprit (gelled pilot, idle circuit and main jet) Dipped the carb cleaned out all the passage ways and boom it ran... Just a giant pain... But the customer was so happy to have her bike running and I couldn't be happier for my wallet weighed a little more after the job..

Here's a pic of the little beast...

My advice to any GSR member... Never buy one of these unless your hell bent on breaking it in 2 days lol...
                                Jedz Moto
                                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                                2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                                2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                                2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                                Originally posted by Hayabuser
                                Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X