what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pete View Post
    Pulled my back wheel out last night in preparation for the new rear tyre which will be being fitted today and to do the wheel bearings.

This is what's left of the supposedly sealed sprocket carrier bearing, and you can see where a bit of the metal holding the balls in has broken off... can't have expose balls!

Those..cough cough...balls have seen better days
    sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
    1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
    2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Carb and exhaust clean up started on the '78 GS1000.
      Right now it is snowing outside and with no heat in the garage i am happy to be single again.

2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
        Carb and exhaust clean up started on the '78 GS1000.
        Right now it is snowing outside and with no heat in the garage i am happy to be single again.

Haha...that is simply awesome!!
        No signature

Comment

Got my new-to-me GS450GA running today!

Doesn't everyone have a GS or two in their living room?

Comment

A kindred spirit.
            Well done, Phil.
            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

ummmmm.....NO. I've been trying to get a little Kawi 100 in the basement room for year with no luck. I'm pretty sure I would drink far too much beer if I had a bike in the living room.
              Rob
              1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
              Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Originally posted by handkphil View Post
                Its very... feng shui.. Modern decor.. nicely done!

Comment

You know what..I'm pretty sure no one has ever started a thread about 'bikes in the house'....it would be awesome for someone to start that up. I can't, but I'm tempted to just make it happen and then move it out before the co-pilot sees it really, someone needs to start this thread!!
                  Rob
                  1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                  Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Originally posted by handkphil View Post
                    No, but there are Nortons in the back bedroom. My dad rode my Suzuki 80 upstairs when I was a kid, and put it in my bedroom. I always thought it would be fun to have bikes in the room to sit on and watch TV etc. Turns out, I never felt like doing that.

Last edited by 850 Combat; 11-23-2013, 11:14 PM.
                    sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Warm and toasty work area

Originally posted by azr View Post
                      You know what..I'm pretty sure no one has ever started a thread about 'bikes in the house'....it would be awesome for someone to start that up. I can't, but I'm tempted to just make it happen and then move it out before the co-pilot sees it really, someone needs to start this thread!!
                      I'm not sure if I could dig up more than a couple of pictures, but there's usually a bike in my living room (or middle bedroom) every winter. I would die of boredom if there wasn't. I like to tinker with 'em and I like to detail and clean them. What better place to do this than right next to my big recliner, which as you can see in my picture is fully hooked up with internet, and a large monitor. No cold garage to heat up, the 'fridge is nearby, and I can enjoy the sights (and smells ..lol) of riding, year round.

Every fall I pick the bike, wash it and dry it thoroughly, drain the gas, and roll it up a little ramp into the living room. If I need to fire it up during the winter I just wait for a dry day and roll it out onto the front porch, like I did today.

Comment

Year of the Elite

This is from a couple of years ago, when I completely re-did an '87 Elite over the winter. It came out very nice.

Comment

Does anyone living with his wife get to put a motorcycle in the living room over the winter?
                          sigpic[Tom]

“The greatest service this country could render the rest of the world would be to put its own house in order and to make of American civilization an example of decency, humanity, and societal success from which others could derive whatever they might find useful to their own purposes.” George Kennan

Comment

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
                            Those..cough cough...balls have seen better days
                            Haha yes indeed!

Saturday's job was old rear wheel bearings out, clean everything up, new ones in, and get the new rear tyre fitted. Done!

Did about 250km's yesterday so the new tyre is now nicely scrubbed in and ready for our big ride next weekend.
                            1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                            1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by themess View Post
                              Does anyone living with his wife get to put a motorcycle in the living room over the winter?
                              LOL

The starter on my TSX died at 190K miles, so I got my roommate to help do some open heart surgery. They obviously didn't intend to make it easy to replace . At least it's not a V6/V8 because it would be buried inside the engine even more.

Comment

First I changed the oil and air filters on both vans to make the wife happy then I drug out the GS. Pulled the carbs and installed the jets that I have been waiting a month for. As I was putting the carbs back on it started to snow. not only am I the only idiot working outside on a motorcycle in freezing weather now I'm doing it in the snow. I get it back together fire her up and take her down the street for a quick pass. Then put her away in the shed.. Seems a little rich down low now so I will turn the idle screws in another quarter turn and I should be done with these carbs finally. Now for the suspension. Nothing like a rolling restoration. Ride, repair, ride, repAir.

Comment

Working...
                                X