• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a pic of Ed reinstalling the carbs, He had fun fun fun
    sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
    1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
    2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

changed plugs, put in a k&n air filter, and replaced the old turn signals with new ones. Now I have to get an electronic flasher. Fun! Bike started up and I couldn't help but take it around the block!

Comment

Carb Duty

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
        Here is a pic of Ed reinstalling the carbs, He had fun fun fun
        Thanks Bill.

Yep...it was fun, fun, fun. After watching you mess with them, it was about time I got my hands dirty.

Ed
        Last edited by GSXR7ED; 04-04-2014, 08:14 PM.
        GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
        GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
        Originally posted by GSXR7ED
        Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

This is what I wrenched on today...a gunbroker purchase that needs a little lovin'

Stripped her down so I can bead blast the frame.
          Last edited by Baatfam; 04-05-2014, 07:37 AM.
          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

While Charmayne worked on painting her brakes today I started in on the Jeep finally. By the time I was done about 730pm I had it down to this:

Taking the air conditioning lines off of its radiator about made me p!$s myself due to the pressurization but all is good (yes I had the system discharged first).
            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I started disassembly on some nitrogen piggyback shocks I am going to rebuild. Just one tricky part so far....I walked away when I grabbed the bigger hammer, then thought twice.
              Will get back to those this week.

Comment

Installed Progressive Suspension springs in my forks today. Everything went smooth with the exception of dropping a fork cap and nicking my front fender.... That kinda sucked.

Comment

Changed the sprockets and chain on the 77 750 and did some soldering on one of the connections in the ignition switch that was causing and intermitent loss of all electrical power. The began the tear down of my 78 1000C as per the situation that developed.....see mythread in the Projects section....
                  MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                  1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Installed the new tailgate on the truck and got the bike back on the road. I'll post pictures of the painted tank after we finish with the clearcoat (another set of spray to do next weekend)

Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Shot the clearcoat on my bodywork. Getting pretty excited to get this thing on the road.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Over the last day I installed ss brake lines and did the PVC fork spacer mod.
                        Really nice difference in the front end.

Comment

I got the '90 GSXR750F Katana exhaust fitted to the '82 GS1105G project and ready for welding tomorrow.

Even the exhaust cross-over pipe fits and clears the oil pan.

Comment

Originally posted by GSX1000E View Post
                            I got the '90 GSXR750F Katana exhaust fitted to the '82 GS1105G project and ready for welding tomorrow.

Even the exhaust cross-over pipe fits and clears the oil pan.
                            I'm very interested in how this works out. Fitting a stock exhaust from a newer Suzuki to a GS might turn out to be the best solution for owners who want to keep their GS as close to stock as possible.
                            sigpic[Tom]

“The greatest service this country could render the rest of the world would be to put its own house in order and to make of American civilization an example of decency, humanity, and societal success from which others could derive whatever they might find useful to their own purposes.” George Kennan

Comment

Changed the clutch out of my 1100L, and polished on a breastplate.
                              V
                              Gustov
                              80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                              81 GS 1000 G
                              79 GS 850 G
                              81 GS 850 L
                              83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                              80 GS 550 L
                              86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                              2002 Honda 919
                              2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Dragged the GS trailer out of the weeds round the back, broke off the rotten wooden body and pressure-washed the frame, preparatory to moving the axle line back 2" and re-building it over the next week or two.
                                It was a worthwhile addition to my fleet when I only had bikes on the road and now I'm there again, it makes sense to use it once more.
                                It's a 4ft x 2ft trailer that pulls along behind the '80 GS850 quite nicely, using a standard 50mm ball hitch and tow-bar that I made up 20 years ago.
                                ---- Dave
                                79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                                80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                                79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                                92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Working...
                                X