Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joe Garfield View Post
    Oops, not a GS.
    I went in for inspection and was told I needed 'brake pads and some new hardware.' (2014 Triumph Street Triple). I got it home and found my calipers were completely seized together! The wheel has to come off to do the brakes, so 'brake pads' turned into new (used) calipers, new chain guard, new (used) shock spring for my new (used) Daytona shock, and re-lubing of the swingarm and linkage pivots. A part has been on backorder from England for several weeks so today I had to de-rust the chain
    I suppose the problem with the islands is nowhere is far from salty air.
    ---- Dave
    79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
    80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
    79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
    92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

I popped the fork seal covers off the tubes and released a bunch of water out the right hand side one . After cleaning both im going to need to replace everything but it was only water dripping not oil out of the cover . The retainer clips are in a bad way though and the covers have split .

Comment

After several years of half-hearted attempts, I cleaned/reassembled the carbs, and got spark back to my 850, only to find the carb fuel rails leaking. So this morning saw me look at the new (metal this time) rails, and start poking around a box of o-rings to test fit. Very complicated and strenuous work I didn't complete before heading into work.

Something about trying to be productive before finishing coffee. And distracting dogs.

Here's to more progress over the weekend.

Comment

Working...
        X