what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by B.C.G.S. View Post
    Beautiful car. I haven't seen one of those in a long time. The winter road salts eat your car alive here in NY.
    They do here, as well. Thankfully, this car never sees winter duty.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave8338 View Post
      Buff and wax...

Had an 88 model with a transplanted 5.0L Cobra. Beast of a sled! Yours is very nice!

Comment

re-synced the carbs on the CB750 yesterday, and took it for a 20mi ride. Still needs some tuning, what a dog, can't hardly hold 70 in 5th gear.

Comment

Somewhat! I have one sitting in the shop...

HD Knuckle Head.
          Close.
          '63 Panhead.

Daniel

Comment

Somewhat! I have one sitting in the shop...

HD Knuckle Head.
            What ya call me?
            1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
            1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

TRIED to change the oil in the es today. failed due to yosh exhaust/oil cooler interference. there must be an answer.....
              1983 GS 1100 ESD

Comment

Yesterday thanks to the help of the CafeKid I got my progressive springs installed on my 850. Boy he rides so much better.
                I didnt do it I swear !!

--------------------------
                1982 GS850G

1980 GS1100L

Comment

Today I played hooky from work & rebuilt all that damper stuff in the front forks of my 1100EX, installed new pro-moly fork seals & progressive fork springs with 10W fork oil. Also tightened the steering stem nut so I can feel more resistance when turning the bars.

I'm still fitting a Tarozzi fork brace on her as well, but it doesn't exactly "fit" out of the box. I inadvertently put a pretty good gouge in my front fender by just clamping it on & tightening up the screws without checking the clearances closely. The bracket hits the fender & the screws are too long as well - now I'm filing the backside of the brackets to get more gap over the fender to avoid doing more damage... may just paint the brace black while I’m at it. Gotta get some shorter screws & find some matching red paint for Big Red's fender boo-boo.
                  '85 GS550L - SOLD
                  '85 GS550E - SOLD
                  '82 GS650GL - SOLD
                  '81 GS750L - SOLD
                  '82 GS850GL - trusty steed
                  '80 GS1100L - son's project bike
                  '82 GS1100G - SOLD
                  '81 GS1100E - Big Red (daily rider)

Comment

Finally i decided to end the torture and change my stator.My charging system didn't quite lived up to it's name for a long time(ever since i own the bike come to think of it),so it had to be done.After reading Basscliff's website,i decided i can do it myself.Yesterday after draining the oil,i took of the stator cover.I only had to drill out 2 screw out of the 9,but i will replace them with hex ones,so no harm there.That case never been off my bike since new, that is for sure.

Here i'm ready to cut out the new gasket

Voila!

That is it so far,now i'm waiting for my new stator and hex bolt set.Cheers
                    Current bikes: '83 GPZ 750(shipped to Europe)and The one and only '81 GS 1000G,BOM 2/11.
                    Past bikes: '84 MZ ETZ 250
                    '84 Honda VFR 500
                    '86 GSXR 750
                    http://s1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb362/caligs/

Comment

I put a new set of rear brake pads on my 1980 GS1000G, pistons did not bind up when I pushed them back in. I also took off my front wheel to stop a nuisance air leak around the tire bead, broke it down and cleaned it up.

I also put a set of front pads on my 2009 Suzuki intruder 1400, the split caliper arrangement did not impress me.

Comment

Added a dual horn relay on my GS1100E. They are gunna hear me now!

Comment

Took one whole truckload of crap to the dump today...probably have two more to go if I really tried.
                          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Brought home a basket case today, the entire motorcyle fit inside my car and trunk (which is about the size of a Camry.)
                            Scott
                            1982 GS1000S #1 bought in 84, #2 gone, #3 in hibernation
                            1983 GS1100ES #1 (bought in 03, July 09 BOM, 65k traded in 17), #2 New daily rider, #3 in hibernation
                            1982 GS1100E Red #1 - Original owner, sold in 93, #2 (Red) sold in 20 to Andy B
                            2018 Gold Wing Tour - new out of the crate 1st non-Suzuki in 38 years
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm replacing the inadequate shocks on my Honda Elite 250 with a pair from a vintage CB350. The new shocks are almost a perfect match, eye to clevis is off by 1/8" and the top eye needs to have about an eight filed down to fit but that's about it. Also need to replace the lower bolt and drill out the lower bushing insert. I've got one done, doing the other in the morning.

The GS just got a new battery, fuse block permanently mounted, front brake lines installed.

Comment

Originally posted by gs scott View Post
                                Brought home a basket case today, the entire motorcyle fit inside my car and trunk (which is about the size of a Camry.)
                                Model, make and year?

Daniel

Comment

Working...
                                X