Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is what is left of our local fire tower. Its a pitiful state of affairs since it was closed three years ago. It was dismantled since vandles and druggies used to break in and climb it. No its used by one of the local business for radio transmission.(Waste Management CO.) Is it acceptible for the tag?
    GSRick
    No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
    Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Yes. in my opinion it does.
      No signature

Comment

Next tag if the last one is acceptible is a local political office. I had Hannity cranked up on the sterio when I took these.

You never see any activity around there, and it looks like they took down the Obama poster they had in the second window. I wonder if they know something?
        GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Sure, it'll do. I can recognize it as a has been fire tower, looks just like ours, just missing the shelter on top.

Comment

Originally posted by DanTheMan View Post
            Sure, it'll do. I can recognize it as a has been fire tower, looks just like ours, just missing the shelter on top.
            All right then, game on.

I don't know if it went national, but this tower is 1/4 of a mile from, Big Tree Park. Home of "the Senator" the worlds oldest cypress tree, that was burnt down by a meth head, back in January. It was the fifth oldest tree in the world and back in the day a major tourist attraction. Now, sadley the quaint little park is or was a *@%^$*@%^$*@%^$ tag or pickle park as we call them down here. For some reason these nice little parks where families took their kids to play and have picknicks, have turned into perverted meeting grounds. Its just make you sad when you think of where thiscountry has become in the last 20-30 years.
            reached across the pond,
            The 118-foot-tall bald tree, which had withstood lightning storms, hurricanes and droughts, burned for several hours early today, weakening it so much that it collapsed in less than three hours.

images,
            Intelligent search from Bing makes it easier to quickly find what you’re looking for and rewards you.

updated story,

local paper with video,

Last edited by gsrick; 03-19-2012, 08:00 PM.
            GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Geepers, I am not only late, but late twice.
              Here is a cabboose, well, two of them, and a box car, and a coal tender, and an engine,... and a tipple.

So tag is unchanged,
              "local political office"

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
                All right then, game on.

I don't know if it went national, but this tower is 1/4 of a mile from, Big Tree Park. Home of "the Senator" the worlds oldest cypress tree, that was burnt down by a meth head, back in January.
                It was the fifth oldest tree in the world and back in the day a major tourist attraction. Now, sadley the quaint little park is or was a *@%^$*@%^$*@%^$ tag or pickle park as we call them down here.
                For some reason these nice little parks where families took their kids to play and have picknicks, have turned into perverted meeting grounds.
                It just make you sad when you think of where this country has become in the last 20-30 years.

The 118-foot-tall bald tree, which had withstood lightning storms, hurricanes and droughts, burned for several hours early today, weakening it so much that it collapsed in less than three hours.

Intelligent search from Bing makes it easier to quickly find what you’re looking for and rewards you.

updated story,

It just make you sad when you think of where this country has become in the last 20-30 years.

It certainly does!

But the Libtards want EVERYONE to be gay! What is wrong with YOU!???
                You are just not right.

What's the next tag? Avoiding being in a gay park?

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post

It certainly does!

But the Libtards want EVERYONE to be gay! What is wrong with YOU!???
                  You are just not right.

What's the next tag? Avoiding being in a gay park?

Eric
                  No I wouldn't be able to find one around here, they've all been turned into pickle parks. AVOID THE RESTROOMS!
                  So I picked a local political office. It used to be our Obama central, but after posting the photos i noticed the big poster of Obama has been taken down. It used to creep me out, like big brother stareing at you, like in the movie 1984.

That big empty window in fron of my bike is where the annointed one would stare at you. I could swear his eyes followed you as you drove by.
                  Last edited by gsrick; 03-19-2012, 08:14 PM.
                  GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Perhaps they took it down to instal the NEW one?...

Comment

Ottawa County Republican party office in Holland MI.
                      Humm .. has Ron Paul sign in lower corner (my windshild obscuring it mostly.)

. Next Tag, old train station depot.

This is one of the two old train depos in town.
                      Was a Pere Marquette depo, the railroad that had the engine in picture I posted a couple days ago.

This depo sat abaondoned for years and years. Was a demolition crew hired and on-site ready to start when some one put in an offer to buy it.
                      Is now a dentist office and an archetectural firm in there.

ANd another old depo. Is downtown next to the river and boardwalk.
                      Was a Grand Trunk railroad depot. Is now a museam.

The museam includes a exhibit showing what downtown was like in early 1900s. Was something like 12 parrallell set of railroad tracks going to factorys and fishereys and docks and such .... and this depot.

Here is a link to help you find a depo near you.
                      This page offers a general history of railroad stations and depots, such as the iconic Pennsylvania Station.

Last edited by Redman; 03-20-2012, 06:55 PM. Reason: spulling, add links

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Old train station is still the tag?
                        Windy but a warm 55 or so today here...

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
                          Old train station is still the tag?
                          For last 2 hours, yep.

Comment

train depot

this was taken sunday does this count??it was refurbished as a cop shop for hammondsport ny. they use to use this depot for trains to unload thier goods at kueka lake to be shipped on barges between the finger lakes.

Last edited by Guest; 03-20-2012, 08:49 PM.

Comment

next tag

maybe the guys on the west coast can use this one if the depot pic is accepted.picture of vineyards with the lake in the back ground but i would accept just the vineyards

Comment

Originally posted by ny_redneck04 View Post
                                this was taken sunday does this count??
                                Not per my understanding of the "rules" and the intent.
                                Suppose to ride and find such after the tag is defined. (when I say rules, I mean what was stated in first few postings and a couple others early on)

Idea is to figure out where can find such and ride to it, not see who has a photo in thier collection.

Would not really know when you went to that place, other than you said it was days ago and we have seen that picture before (both pictures actaully).

Nice GK in vinyard overlooking water. Is some scenes like that about 3 hours north of here in Traverse City area.

Last edited by Redman; 03-20-2012, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X