This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
    Wow ! That Bike is as clean as a whistle.
    Agreed....very nice...

Trevor...you might just have too much time on your hands....
    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
      The major difference between Trevor and the many, many members here with nice bikes is ...
      HE ACTUALLY RIDES THEM! AND OFTEN!

WTG!!!

Eric
      If your done with your vacation, go and get the Tractor tag.
      Oh yeah the GOAT has roared. Its been 8 years, but and oil change, a little primeing and "ITS ALIVE" There's a whole lot of work to do before it back on the road, buts it a start. You should have seen my 16 year old boys face. It looked alot like this>.
      GSRick
      No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
      Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
        Agreed....very nice...

Trevor...you might just have too much time on your hands....
        Thanks guys, but I can't take all the credit as it was pretty nice when I bought it from the original owner last Sept. He had not had it on the road for 8-9 years but always kept indoors. I just cleaned it up a bit and the usual gs stuff.. stator/rec. some leaky gaskets etc. I enjoy working on it almost as much as riding it! Therapy for the soul.
        PS don't tell the wife I have too much time on my hands.
        No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
          Hehe..lol I'm a little obsessed with it. Just ask my wife. If you need any tips or product info just ask.
          Any tips you want to give, I will be grateful for. Mine just has a lot of grease and grime. I've been afraid to just take a pressure washer on a low setting to it though.

Comment

Is the tag a pic of some old dead tractor?
            I can find one or two I would think.

Valve adjustment on the new GK basket case first though.
            And, I have members here waiting on parts.
            Must get to shipping parts before fun. People are counting on me so that they can ride.
            Must take care of them first.

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post
              Any tips you want to give, I will be grateful for. Mine just has a lot of grease and grime. I've been afraid to just take a pressure washer on a low setting to it though.
              Ok here is what I use..
              S-100 total cycle cleaner for heavy duty grease and grim. Spray it on a wet engine then scrub with brush than be sure to rinse off thoroughly as it will leave a nasty residue.
              For a more regular maintenance (every 4th or 5th washing) I use the Simple Green. I dilute it with water about 10to1. Again with a wet bike I spray this stuff all over the bike (engine, frame, wheels, etc..) scrub then thoroughly rinse (not quite as much residue).
              I have an air compressor and use it after washing to get rid of any excess water (again residue).
              Lastly the Blue Magic Metal Polish Cream. This stuff works great on my wheels and pipes and any chrome on my bike.
              And I also like to leave a "mist" of WD-40 on my bike make it easier to maintain and wash off the grim.
              Hope this might help someone.
              No signature

Comment

Must get to shipping parts before fun. People are counting on me so that they can ride.

Eric
                Yes the tag is "some old tractor" or any old farm implement. Go get it Eric! You da man!
                No signature

Comment

Eric
                  Well if you plan on getting this tag you better hurry up. I get off at 3:00 and I should have it by 3:30. Tick Tock.
                  GSRick
                  No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                  Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Guess I'll have to wait for the next one. Not too many tractors around here.

Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                    1983 GS 750

Comment

I rode into town for work, the opposite way of old tractors. I'll take the long way home and get the tag if its still up in a few hours.

Comment

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
                        Well if you plan on getting this tag you better hurry up. I get off at 3:00 and I should have it by 3:30. Tick Tock.
                        I just have so many choices of old tractors around here, it's hard to make up my mind where to go and which picture to submit........

Comment

OK, here are some old, possibly antique tractors (no steel wheels though)

Next tag, since we're on old or antique, is a fire engine in that category. This is Pine River's first fire engine, horse drawn.

And, a closer up pict so you can see it better, the glass reflects a lot.

Comment

Very creative. Showing the tractor up close, and the bike in the reflection. Nice shot.
                            Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                            Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                            1983 GS 750

Comment

Nice tag.

What is that throttle lock you have? I'm wanting to get one. I got a cramp buster or whatever, but it doesn't work that well with my stiffer throttle.

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post
                                Nice tag.

What is that throttle lock you have? I'm wanting to get one. I got a cramp buster or whatever, but it doesn't work that well with my stiffer throttle.
                                It's a VistaCruise. Here's a link to a supplier I just googled, price is better than what I paid for mine I think. http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/un...art/VC-07-4043

Comment

Working...
                                X