Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty much. We don't have it as bad here as the west side. I technically live in a desert. *scratches head*
    I think we get about 19 inches of rain a year. October through a couple weeks ago we already had 15 inches. Seattle's annual is like 35 or something.

And 1-5 inches of snow today and tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by DanTheMan View Post
      I'm going to take a break from my computer and doing my taxes by noon (couple of hours) and I'll just have to ride out and get that tag.

I thought it always rained in Washington State. Not a normal day if it didn't. When I rode my bicycle down the coast from Victoria B.C., I had two days of no rain on the Olympic Peninsula, the rain started on the 3rd day (every day after that I had at least 3 hours of rain, ride out of one squall, into another one or two until I got to southern Oregon). The locals in a little cafe I stopped in said, "Thank God, the drought has broken" . It had been 4 days without rain...... That's a drought?
      A little known fact about Victoria is that we get 50% less rainfall in a year than Vancouver and Seattle. When I moved here 8 years ago, after 42 straight days of sunshine, I said to a new friend of mine that grew up here "I thought it rained all the time here" and he said "don't tell anyone, we don't want more people moving here".
      No signature

Comment

I'll get it in a few, running the wife around in the cage. Hang in there Trevor. Did you forget to take your lunch time meds?
        GSRick
        No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
        Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
          A little known fact about Victoria is that we get 50% less rainfall in a year than Vancouver and Seattle. When I moved here 8 years ago, after 42 straight days of sunshine, I said to a new friend of mine that grew up here "I thought it rained all the time here" and he said "don't tell anyone, we don't want more people moving here".
          Another little known fact. Victorians lie a lot ! That's why we keep our legislature there. We want them to be comfortable.
          Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
          Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
          1983 GS 750

Comment

I'm in Sams Club using a touch screen computer.
            GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Back on the old phone again. Kind of let down going from 23" screen to 1.5".
              GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
                Back on the old phone again. Kind of let down going from 23" screen to 1.5".
                so you haven't beat me to the tag yet? tick tock......

Comment

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
                  I'll get it in a few, running the wife around in the cage. Hang in there Trevor. Did you forget to take your lunch time meds?
                  Yeah, my son is ADD too, we call them our "chill" pills.lol
                  No signature

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                    Another little known fact. Victorians lie a lot ! That's why we keep our legislature there. We want them to be comfortable.
                    Haha... Good one cap! I'm just having a coffee while I wait for my new Avon tires to be put on. And it looks like rain coming. Wet roads and new tires... Me no likey!
                    No signature

Comment

so you haven't beat me to the tag yet? tick tock......
                      I just got home and I'm warming up Suzy, I'll have it in less than 30min.
                      GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                        Haha... Good one cap! I'm just having a coffee while I wait for my new Avon tires to be put on. And it looks like rain coming. Wet roads and new tires... Me no likey!
                        Hmm.... Raining you say? Just took this off the balcony.
                        Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                        Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                        1983 GS 750

Comment

Tag has been met.
                          GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Next tag should be easy enough, a gazebo.

I know where there is a bigger one, but I had Dan breathing down my neck for the last tag. I'll save it for another day.
                            GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

OK, you beat me to it. There are no "pubs" or bars of any sort with the exception of the Legion in town, so I rode to a find something close to a pub in a town north of us. Now, i guess i'll have to find a gazebo.

Comment

OK, you beat me to it. There are no "pubs" or bars of any sort with the exception of the Legion in town, so I rode to a find something close to a pub in a town north of us. Now, i guess i'll have to find a gazebo.
                                Yep, thats how we do it. I'll be waiting, Suzy want's to run.
                                GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Working...
                                X