X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
    ADDICT!
    Barely sold a 750 and look what you have gone and done now!

Eric
    Atleast this vice won't get me arrested for having to much.
    Last edited by gsrick; 04-11-2012, 10:23 PM.
    GSRick
    No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
    Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Wow. Cheapest I've seen is a beat up 79 450 for 700. Didn't even run. Nice find man!

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post
        Wow. Cheapest I've seen is a beat up 79 450 for 700. Didn't even run. Nice find man!
        Was listed at $1,300, there is a nice one in Daytona for that much. I'm going to see if it will run tomorrow. The tank is the biggest worry. Looks like someone used a sealer in it, and the turpintine has been dripping out the right back corner. Till tomorrow.
        GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

You talked them down 900 dollars? Wow.

Comment

You talked them down 900 dollars? Wow.
            If you want to get technicle, that would be $1,100. No, they were dreaming. $1,300 for a bike that isn't running. I offerd $200 as is with out trying to get it to run. I'm sure they new it wouldn't. You could smell the turpintine yards away. I knew I had other prospects waiting in the wings, so it was take it or leave it. They were desperate for rent money also. I'll try to get it running tomorrow. After I get a new tag if that happens early enough. Worst thing is the tank. I did wait a guy out $1,200 for my '78 1000. It started at $2,000 and I bought it for $800. The guy graduated from U of F, and moved to Cal. to finish educ. Sometimes it pays to wait and sometimes you have to be bold and not worry about offending, like today.
            GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Nice score Rick. Looking forward to your resto thread ?
              Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
              Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
              1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                Nice score Rick. Looking forward to your resto thread ?
                I don't know. I will be a quick flip if it will run. I have a couple of inlaws that want me to find them a cheap bike. This might be the perfect canidate for one of them, being a shafty. Seems like a lot of members that need parts for these Gs so if the engine is bad, I might part it out.
                GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Rick. What are we looking for ? A drive in diner, where they serve to you in the car? Or a diner with a parking lot? Or just a diner?
                  Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                  1983 GS 750

Comment

Rick. What are we looking for ? A drive in diner, where they serve to you in the car? Or a diner with a parking lot? Or just a diner?
                    Diner with car service is the intention, but like I said, I didn't put much emphesis on the car service, when I took the photo. So a regular diner will do. It would be nice to see an old one though, but not a requirement to get the tag.
                    GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

I'll be riding past a drive in diner on my way home.
                      Built in 2010, so its not old, but its a drive in diner.

Comment

I'll be riding past a drive in diner on my way home.
                        Built in 2010, so its not old, but its a drive in diner.
                        Stake N Shake or Sonics? New is fine, old would be cool.
                        GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Welp, I didn't get it. I was feeling like hell all day and decided to just high tail it home.

Comment

Not looking particularly good for tomorrow here:

Friday: Snow. High near 39. East wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.

Friday Night: Snow showers likely, mainly after 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29. West wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Saturday: A 40 percent chance of snow showers before 11am. Partly sunny, with a high near 51. Northwest wind between 10 and 15 mph. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

Comment

The new tag is a narrow building. Or even a building facade. This one was built in 1913, and was recognized by Ripley as the world's narrowest building. Jack toy built it on a bet, after the city expropriated his land for the street. He compensated by building bay windows, and building a bath house under the sidewalk. The squares you see on the sidewalk are glass panels over the bath house.
                              When I lived in Chinatown that's where I bought all my insurance. Do you live downtown(referring to your west end shots of the Thurlow and Burnaby area)or only work there? I also cannot believe these guys are letting you get away using that oil cooled 16inch wheeled beast in this thread.
                              Last edited by Guest; 04-13-2012, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bluewool View Post
                                When I lived in Chinatown that's where I bought all my insurance. Do you live downtown(referring to your west end shots of the Thurlow and Burnaby area)or only work there? I also cannot believe these guys are letting you get away using that oil cooled 16inch wheeled beast in this thread.
                                Yup, I live in the West end. Shot was from my balcony. I bought the 1100 a couple of months ago for touring. So I've been riding around to familiarize myself with it. I still prefer the 750 for play though.
                                1983 GS 750

Comment

Working...
                                X