Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol... wow sorry guys I didn't think this was just a British and Canadian thing honestly. So I will take Bocce ball, Cricket etc. Show me what ya got.
    No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
      Lol... wow sorry guys I didn't think this was just a British and Canadian thing honestly. So I will take Bocce ball, Cricket etc. Show me what ya got.
      Actually Bocce has become more popular here in the last few years. It is becoming a backyard favorite at picnics. I have heard of friends talk about playing it....it will never top Cornhole for American backyard favorites though. And then there is Amish Golf (ladder golf).....its getting pretty big,http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Ladder-Golf-Game
      At this time of year I doubt any American will get this tag. I could bust out moms old Croquet set and do a photoshoot!
      Last edited by Guest; 04-15-2012, 12:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by loud et View Post
        Actually Bocce has become more popular here in the last few years. It is becoming a backyard favorite at picnics. I have heard of friends talk about playing it....it will never top Cornhole for American backyard favorites though. And then there is Amish Golf (ladder golf).....its betting pretty big,http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Ladder-Golf-Game
        At this time of year I doubt any American will get this tag. I could bust out moms old Croquet set and do a photoshoot!
        Hey if you bust out moms old croquet set and get a photo that is more than good! And that goes for anyone else too.
        No signature

Comment

I've always played bocce ball on my lawn.
          Or extreme bocce ball. We had a huge hilly park that one day my friends and I played a game of bocce ball that got out of hand. We were throwing them underhand all over, mostly quite far away and down little cliffs. It was a blast.
          But, yeah, we don't have any specific places around here.

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
            Hey if you bust out moms old croquet set and get a photo that is more than good! And that goes for anyone else too.
            Lawn Bowling. Hmmmmmm. Not sure if I can do anything with that. I know where there are some shuffle board courts, there might be some lawn bowling going ohn there. Don't sweat it Trevor, having a tough one everynow and then, just might get some of us out to places we don't normally go. Weve got people from all over the world here in central Fl. Theres got to be some lawn bowling around somewhere. There 48 hours to find one, so don't even think of changing the tag yet.
            GSRick
            No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
            Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
              Lawn Bowling. Hmmmmmm. Not sure if I can do anything with that. I know where there are some shuffle board courts, there might be some lawn bowling going ohn there. Don't sweat it Trevor, having a tough one everynow and then, just might get some of us out to places we don't normally go. Weve got people from all over the world here in central Fl. Theres got to be some lawn bowling around somewhere. There 48 hours to find one, so don't even think of changing the tag yet.
              I'm sure shuffle board is popular in Florida.

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post
                I'm sure shuffle board is popular in Florida.
                Found one at a park not to far away. I'll get it in the morning. I just hope I can get my bike into where the court is. I might need a little leway on the photos for the tag. I'll see in the morning.
                GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Why not use the lawn bowling club in Mt. Dora ?
                  Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                  Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                  1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by loud et View Post
                    Actually Bocce has become more popular here in the last few years. It is becoming a backyard favorite at picnics. I have heard of friends talk about playing it....it will never top Cornhole for American backyard favorites though. And then there is Amish Golf (ladder golf).....its betting pretty big,http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Ladder-Golf-Game
                    I gotta ask... Cornhole means something completely different in Canada ?
                    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                    1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                      Wow, I just found out cornhole is really more popular in Ohio than anywhere else. Its a bean bag toss game. Every person I know in Ohio has played cornhole.http://cornholeworldwide.com/?gclid=...FZDrKgodl1Tiig
                      NO I dont wipe my butt with a corncob! lol

Comment

Why not use the lawn bowling club in Mt. Dora ?
                        I just might, but it's about a 45 min. ride and I'm not exactually sure where it is. The one I found is a ten min. ride, so I'll go there first and see how acessible it is. If I can't get it I'll go out to the mountain. It's hard on my ears with the elevation change and the thinner atmosphere way up there. If I must, I must. Question though, since it seems to be the Canadian National sport, why don't you get the tag?
                        GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

I'm not sure if I want to cross the border, with all the cornholeing lawn bowlers up there. Ya'll got a bunch of preverts up there?
                          GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

I just might, but it's about a 45 min. ride and I'm not exactually sure where it is. The one I found is a ten min. ride, so I'll go there first and see how acessible it is. If I can't get it I'll go out to the mountain. It's hard on my ears with the elevation change and the thinner atmosphere way up there. If I must, I must. Question though, since it seems to be the Canadian National sport, why don't you get the tag?
                            Oops....Google doesn't give those little details. I'm tied up til Sunday afternoon, someone should have the tag by then. The only one around here is surrounded by a fence.
                            1983 GS 750

Comment

Oops....Google doesn't give those little details. I'm tied up til Sunday afternoon, someone should have the tag by then. The only one around here is surrounded by a fence.
                              No excuses, Google Evil Knievel. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0uKDOl9Ih0
                              Last edited by gsrick; 04-15-2012, 09:24 AM.
                              GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

No excuses, Google Evil Knievel. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0uKDOl9Ih0
                                Ouch !!... But why is Evel Knievel, evil ?
                                1983 GS 750

Comment

Working...
                                X