Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Elgin Observatory...Built in 1910 by the Elgin Watch Company to check the accuracy of their watches. The watch factory is long gone, but the observatory is still there.

Next tag should be easy....A horse farm...
    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

I guess I should get changed and get out. Weather cleared up a little and it should stay dry for the rest of the day.
      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
        I guess I should get changed and get out. Weather cleared up a little and it should stay dry for the rest of the day.
        I suspect a good cowboy can sniff out a horse farm easy...

Comment

Now that the bike is running again I might be able to jump back in as long as I can figure my way around Dayton. Just got to add one thing though...Baatfam, Koolaid Kid, and TKent are right, this game used to be fun just for the simple reason of riding NOT racing to beat the clock. Go have fun but don't press everyone to get a tag done within minutes then it's no fun anymore.
          Oh, sorry I came along and ruined it for ya Cowboy. There are more people playing now, that is why the tag changes so often. If anyone is "racing" to get the tag that is their problem. I have never gone on a ride just to get a tag. I don't need an excuse to ride. And if you are referring to me telling Loud ET to hurry up and get the tag because I was close to an observatory, relax it's called giving someone the gears. A form of social interaction. So "Cowboy up" or quit.
          By the way this is also "giving someone the gears"
          No signature

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
            The Elgin Observatory...Built in 1910 by the Elgin Watch Company to check the accuracy of their watches. The watch factory is long gone, but the observatory is still there.

Next tag should be easy....A horse farm...
            Nice 1100E, Baatfam. And and interesting story to go with the Elgin tag. That highschool is lucky to have access to such a wonderful facility.
            Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
            Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
            1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
              Nice 1100E, Baatfam.
              Thanks...just don't look to close...
              Grabbed her of eBay for the motor back in '06 for just over $500.00.
              Ended up putting her on the road...she gets a little better every year...

Comment

Yeah, sweet. The engine looks great? Did you paint it yourself?
                Which engine paint is that?

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                  Yeah, sweet. The engine looks great? Did you paint it yourself?
                  Which engine paint is that?
                  Pretty sure the block, cylinder and head are all original black...
                  All the covers, clutch, stator, sprocket and pickup, are repainted silver stuff...
                  Each one is a different paint...flat, semi-gloss, gloss...header paint, caliper paint, barbeque paint...whatever was handy...I've tried them all

Like I said...don't look to close...

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                    Pretty sure the block, cylinder and head are all original black...
                    All the covers, clutch, stator, sprocket and pickup, are repainted silver stuff...
                    Each one is a different paint...flat, semi-gloss, gloss...header paint, caliper paint, barbeque paint...whatever was handy...I've tried them all

Like I said...don't look to close...
                    Yeah Baatfam the bike looks awesome! I like the saddle bags too, what kind are they?
                    No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                      Yeah Baatfam the bike looks awesome! I like the saddle bags too, what kind are they?
                      I think the fact is was very damp, very foggy, misting out when I took these pics, helped it look better than it is...

The bags are Nelson Rigg...I've got bigger ones for long trips, but these are nice for work and day trips...

Comment

Alright so I got it and will try uploading it from my phone as I'm not ready to head home yet. If this doesn't work I will fix it tonight.

Horse farm

Now only because I couldn't do this for the last place I worked, your place of work.

I was coming out here anyway to do some parking lot work so this is perfect timing. This is the VA hospital where I now work on the ninth floor for the IT department doing voice over IP telephony and standard networking. We probably won't keep Lou at that barn as they are a tad expensive but I'm still checking places out
                        Last edited by cowboyup3371; 05-05-2012, 12:57 PM.
                        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

That's easy. All I have to do is take a picture of the ocean.
                          Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                          Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                          1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                            That's easy. All I have to do is take a picture of the ocean.
                            At least try to get a picture of your bike in the pic.
                            Does it float?

Eric

Comment

Cowboy, Those spark plug caps on 1 & 4 look to me to be the ones that are intended for the inside cyclinders (the shorter ones are intneded for the outside).

Back to the game.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Oh, by the way; to me the game has turned into :
                                - try to get there, get the picture,
                                - try to get home in a hurry,
                                - argue with wife so can get on computer,
                                - transfer photo to computer,
                                - load photo to Photobucket,
                                - annoy wife cause am too distracted to talk about something she thinks is important,
                                - post photo on forum,
                                - then see if somone else has alrready posted.

So, have not been bothering.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
                                X