X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
    48 degrees???
    That, is practically summer!
    You DO ride with: gloves, jacket, riding pants and boots... Right?

No heated gear used by me... yet.

Eric
    Eric...do they put down salt out there? Just curious...

I won't take the bikes or the Miata out after the salt goes down....
    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

I remember those tags, back when it was fun. Your wife must have your balls, they apparently don't freeze off. lol PS Thats a mighty cute avitar you have there. You are Eric, right?
      Last edited by gsrick; 05-22-2012, 12:42 PM.
      GSRick
      No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
      Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
        Eric...do they put down salt out there? Just curious...

I won't take the bikes or the Miata out after the salt goes down....
        Salt/sand lots of un-fun things.
        I usually wait a couple of days for the cages to blow most of it off of the roads or at least where their tires pass before riding.
        Sand covering everywhere makes for some dangerous riding conditions.
        Coupled with high cross-winds, downright scary!
        Nothing compares to riding on ball bearings while being blown around on street tires.

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
          Salt/sand lots of un-fun things.
          I usually wait a couple of days for the cages to blow most of it off of the roads or at least where their tires pass before riding.
          Sand covering everywhere makes for some dangerous riding conditions.
          Coupled with high cross-winds, downright scary!
          Nothing compares to riding on ball bearings while being blown around on street tires.

Eric
          That doesn't work around here...they put so much salt down it isn't gone until it rains a few times in the spring...
          I hate corrosion...

Comment

I do have some warm winter gear. Just sucks trying to strap it to that back of the bike with a loaded computer bag for the ride home in the 70s. So I choose to drive the warm comfy quiet blazer on those chilly mornings. Will be riding in tomorrow...
            '83 GS 1100T
            The Jet

sigpic
            '95 GSXR 750w
            The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
              That doesn't work around here...they put so much salt down it isn't gone until it rains a few times in the spring...
              I hate corrosion...
              The snow carries most of the salt away and leaves the sand after the roads dry.
              Then, it is just the left over patches of ice and sand to worry about.

Eric

Comment

You can have all that winter riding! I was built for warm weather. I don't have any natural insulation for that cold crap.
                '83 GS 1100T
                The Jet

sigpic
                '95 GSXR 750w
                The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
                  I do have some warm winter gear. Just sucks trying to strap it to that back of the bike with a loaded computer bag for the ride home in the 70s. So I choose to drive the warm comfy quiet blazer on those chilly mornings. Will be riding in tomorrow...
                  Sounds like you need some saddle bags, then....

Comment

You can have all that winter riding! I was built for warm weather. I don't have any natural insulation for that cold crap.
                    I hate the cold but, LOVE to ride more.
                    I where the same gear all year long. Unzip the vents and even remove the liner in the jacket when it gets over 85.
                    I, also, have no (un)natural fat layer to keep me warm either.

Eric

Comment

Saddlebags?!?!!?? On MY bike?? HELL NO! I'm a warm weather rider. I hate to be cold. Being cold would just ruin the ride for me. Just isn't fun.
                      '83 GS 1100T
                      The Jet

sigpic
                      '95 GSXR 750w
                      The Rocket

Comment

I have plenty of them. I have a very nice riding leather that keeps me pretty warm in the mornings. 55 is my golden number in the morning. Call me what you will, I just don't like to be cold.
                        '83 GS 1100T
                        The Jet

sigpic
                        '95 GSXR 750w
                        The Rocket

Comment

I have plenty of them. I have a very nice riding leather that keeps me pretty warm in the mornings. 55 is my golden number in the morning. Call me what you will, I just don't like to be cold.

I live in the high desert.
                          Even when it hits 105-110 after noon, it is seldom over 55 in the morning.

Eric

Comment

On a side note: Do I know how to start some controversy or what?
                            '83 GS 1100T
                            The Jet

sigpic
                            '95 GSXR 750w
                            The Rocket

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                              I see what you mean. Where did the 48 hr.'s come from ?
                              The 48hr rule came from the originators of this game in another forum. They played it differently than here. It was regional and they rode duel sports or enduros. A rider would go out some where usually rural, and get a tag photo of something like a waterfall and post it. You give clues to the others to find the exact tag to replicate it. First one to do so wins and gets to post the next tag. If the tag couldn't be found and replicated within 48hrs, a new tag would be posted. Since we are scatterd around the continent we get similar tags not exact. If no one can get the tag in 48hrs the tag holder posts a new one. Also the tag should not be something that others cannot replicate. For me that would be gators, airboats, and beaches, since those would eliminate and alienate alot of would be players. I was going to ad palm trees to that list, but I saw one in a post from Trevor, so I might do it anyway.
                              GSRick
                              No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                              Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Saddlebags?!?!!?? On MY bike?? HELL NO!
                                Curious...why would you say that?

I have a set of soft bags I toss on my GS or my Triumph if I am riding to work...

Comment

Working...
                                X