Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great photos ! But tell us a little about them ? What building has the lions ? And what did the Windmill used to mill ? Inquiring minds want to know.
    Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
    1983 GS 750

Comment

The lions guard a bank about 2 miles from my house. I found them after search for two hours today.
      The windmill is in Dwight Illinois right off of Old Route 66. It was used to pump water for a big mansion there. It was built in 1896. It no longer is in use.
      '83 GS 1100T
      The Jet

sigpic
      '95 GSXR 750w
      The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Nicely done, Spyder....
        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
          GOT IT ! ! !

And the NEW tag... A big ass windmill...
          Sweet photos and good tags. Suprised no Ill. boys didn't go to the Chi. library or Washington bridge in DC. Those were they images that popped in my head when I got the tag. Isn't there any body in the DC area? I'm curious about those 750 Ts. Especially "the Jet", are those factory colors? And is this what happens when an E and L get together, after too many drinks? Love it, just might have to find one for the stable. Was this Suzukis answer to Triumphs. No windmill for me, it's storming and is suppose to all week. I guess I'll save my Memorial Day tag for the 4th.
          GSRick
          No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
          Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

The T model, (750 and 1100) are very rare from what I can tell. I've been looking for an 1100 model of the same year. ('83). But haven't even seen one. They came in 2 color schemers, red/black, and gray/black. Mine faded really weird to make a cool orange color.
            '83 GS 1100T
            The Jet

sigpic
            '95 GSXR 750w
            The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Dang....just missed it

Took some serious hunting. Damn. I had a really cool tag for you all too. :P

Maybe next time.

Comment

Those are cool!
                '83 GS 1100T
                The Jet

sigpic
                '95 GSXR 750w
                The Rocket

Comment

Originally posted by MAJikMARCer View Post

Maybe next time.

Sweet, I looked at the single photo and thought maybe it shot a flame out of the torch.
                  GSRick
                  No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                  Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Originally posted by MAJikMARCer View Post

Maybe next time.
                    Great pic and the bike looks wonderful!

Windmill is the next tag eh?

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
                      Great pic and the bike looks wonderful!
                      Thanks. I had some buyers remorse initially but she's in pretty decent shape over all. Still, she needs some more TLC before I call her 'wonderful'. There WILL be a project thread for her this fall.

Comment

Being Nebraska windmills are all over. Big ass windmills are another thing. Unless you count turbines. Otherwise a smaller water pump wind mill will have to do.

Comment

Whatever keeps us moving along...
                          '83 GS 1100T
                          The Jet

sigpic
                          '95 GSXR 750w
                          The Rocket

Comment

The only one around here, is on a mountain, and the candy asses wouldn't let me load the bike on the gondola !!
                            Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                            1983 GS 750

Comment

Was the tag a big 'ol windmill?
                              Will a video with beautiful music work?
                              WATCH THE DAMN VIDEO!!!

Or, this tiny one that is just a couple of blocks away from home, too easy!

A pic through the trees so that you can see it better...

Eric
                              Last edited by Guest; 05-29-2012, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Perfect pitch....
                                1983 GS 750

Comment

Working...
                                X