This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whitedog View Post
    Fire tankers might be a bit tough in the midwest.
    Not really....

They build them at So St Paul.

82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

If I had the time.......I could get the fire tanker easily, they have two parked at the Brainerd Regional Airport almost all the time. I've been working on the list from hell for the last two and a half weeks, and I'm not 1/2 done yet. The major items have to be completed by next Thursday, then I'll have some time to play. I'm heading to Waterloo, IA with my wife, in the RV, and bringing one of the bikes with me while attending two ship's reunions. One is the first ship I was stationed on, the USS Juneau, LPD-10 (decommissioned in '08), the other is the USS Ajax, AR-6 (decommissioned in '86) and is the 4th ship I was stationed on.
      I'll have some riding time while I'm down south and a wi-fi connection in the state park campround, of all things!

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
        Not really....

They build them at So St Paul.

http://www.airtractor.com/aircraft/802f-fire-boss
        We have several of those used here also. Usually only on the smaller fires or for close ground support.
        None of these have pontoons. I knew that I should have taken a few pic's of them!

Eric

Comment

There is/was a small airport on my way home. I'll have to see if it's still there and if there's anything there...
          '83 GS 1100T
          The Jet

sigpic
          '95 GSXR 750w
          The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

No new tag yet?
            Off to Bike Night!...
            Back with any interesting pic's later.

Eric

Comment

Nope. I went and found that airport on my way home, but no planes. Just one little helicopter.
              '83 GS 1100T
              The Jet

sigpic
              '95 GSXR 750w
              The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

I'll be going by OIA Sanford late today, but it will be in my GMC Yuk so all I can do is scout it out. Might be hard getting anything close up with security around, even though it's a small International airport.
                GSRick
                No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

I got stuck at work longer than I expected. Got fired yesterday and went to clean out my **** and say goodbyes today. I'll stop by the airport on my way out tomorrow, if its still up. There are a few airports around here that the fire planes fly out of. I think it might be a bit early in the season for them to be out though.

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post
                    I got stuck at work longer than I expected. Got fired yesterday and went to clean out my **** and say goodbyes today. I'll stop by the airport on my way out tomorrow, if its still up. There are a few airports around here that the fire planes fly out of. I think it might be a bit early in the season for them to be out though.

WTH, what happened??

Comment

Originally posted by old_skool View Post
                      WTH, what happened??
                      Ditto!

Eric

Comment

I think the game has screeched to a complete halt, anytime you use airports and get too specific, difficulty will arise, most of us can't get near an airport due to heightened security since 9/11, and most of us in the mid-west and around the world don't have a great need for air-tankers, or they're hangar-ed and we wouldn't see them anyway, vote for completely new tag...
                        Last edited by Guest; 06-01-2012, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Come on, nobody hangars air tankers.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

I have access to a couple small airstrips, but there aren't any visible planes much less cose enough to the fence to get a shot with my bike.
                            '83 GS 1100T
                            The Jet

sigpic
                            '95 GSXR 750w
                            The Rocket

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                              I rode around Cleveland Hopkins International, nothing visable, rode around 2 local airstrips, nothing, maybe I need to start a fire and get one in action....c'mon, you know I'm joking right

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                                where's your pic??

Comment

Working...
                                X