X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

air tanker with bike

This is the best I can do

Comment

I cannot believe that this is such a dificult tag to get!
      Anyway, I took these the same day as another back-up tag option.
      If you guys what to look for these instead, go for it!

We used to call them "Jungle Gym's".
      I am sure that name also, along with SO many other things these days, is not PC any more for some asinine ridiculous reason.
      They took them out of most playgrounds because the STUPID kids kept getting broken limbs on them. Pathetic!
      Stupid, should hurt! IMHO.

Eric

Comment

I am surprised to see that you still have them. I remember reading a Time magazine issue about 10 or so years ago. The issue's title was America you're Uninsured, or something like that. Anyway, the deal wasn't so much, whether the child got hurt. But rather, Mommy and Daddy suing the schools ass off. Glad to see you still have them.
        Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
        Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
        1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
          I am surprised to see that you still have them. I remember reading a Time magazine issue about 10 or so years ago. The issue's title was America you're Uninsured, or something like that. Anyway, the deal wasn't so much, whether the child got hurt. But rather, Mommy and Daddy suing the schools ass off. Glad to see you still have them.
          They were FUN!!!
          You could crawl upside down and all of that other neat stuff in them.
          I remember much larger ones too! Of course, everything was bigger when you were smaller. LOL!
          Yup, parents suing the schools because of their lack of parenting skills was the reason.

Eric

Comment

Monkey bars ! ! ! Ill look around, but I'll bet we don't have them anymore either.
            '83 GS 1100T
            The Jet

sigpic
            '95 GSXR 750w
            The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
              Monkey bars ! ! ! Ill look around, but I'll bet we don't have them anymore either.
              Yup, that was another, now, PC incorrect term for them.
              Insane what has happened/ we have allowed to happen, to this country!

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
                Yup, that was another, now, PC incorrect term for them.
                Insane what has happened/ we have allowed to happen, to this country!

Eric
                I don't get it ? Why isn't it PC. Monkey bars, Jungle Gymn. Seems like an accurate description to me ? Unless we're trying not to offend monkeys or jungles. That's how we describe them as well. I am not uncomfortable with either term.
                Wikipedia definition
                The first jungle gym was invented in 1920 and patented by lawyer Sebastian Hinton in Chicago.[1] It was sold under the trademarked name Junglegym. The term "monkey bars", was first documented in 1955,[2] though Hinton's initial patent of 1920 appeals to the "monkey instinct" in claiming the benefits of climbing as exercise and play for children,[3] and his improvement patents later that year refer to monkeys shaking the bars of a cage, children swinging on a "monkey runway", and the game of "monkey tag".[4] Hinton's father, a mathematician, had built a similar structure from bamboo when Hinton was a child; his father's goal was to enable children to achieve an intuitive understanding of 3-dimensional space through a game in which numbers for the x, y, and z axes were called out and each child tried to be the first to grasp the indicated junction. Thus the abstraction of Cartesian coordinates could be grasped as a name of a tangible point in space.[5]
                Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                1983 GS 750

Comment

Back in the 60's-70's before all of the current racism against white folks,
                  terms like porch monkeys, spear chucker, jungle bunny, etc. were used.
                  So, as usual, the term monkey bars and jungle gym suddenly became racist!
                  I hate how over-board racism has gotten and everything must be changed to be PC. Pathetic!

Eric

Comment

wrong section, need to drop about 20 paces---non GS related

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
                      They took them out of most playgrounds because the STUPID kids kept getting broken limbs on them. Pathetic!
                      Stupid, should hurt! IMHO.
                      Hell I remember the monkey bars we had at my elementary school were over blacktop. No pansy wood chips for us!

Mistakes/Injuries are a part of growing up. You need to eat a little dirt and loose a little blood to be a well rounded person. Sheltering kids from that does NOT make them better kids.

EDIT:
                      Originally posted by old_skool View Post
                      wrong section
                      oops!

Comment

Originally posted by old_skool View Post
                        wrong section, need to drop about 20 paces---non GS related

I asked the question. My fault. These terms hold no special connotation in my country. Eric explained that they do in yours. My apologies.
                        1983 GS 750

Comment

All hail the MEAN-ASS MODERATOR ! ! !
                          '83 GS 1100T
                          The Jet

sigpic
                          '95 GSXR 750w
                          The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
                            All hail the MEAN-ASS MODERATOR ! ! !
                            I wasn't moderating, ok I guess I was, but I hate political BS in these forums, thats why I've never posted or intend to go to the off topic section, and Eric...you know better Just busting some balls.

Comment

Originally posted by MAJikMARCer View Post
                              Hell I remember the monkey bars we had at my elementary school were over blacktop. No pansy wood chips for us!

Mistakes/Injuries are a part of growing up. You need to eat a little dirt and loose a little blood to be a well rounded person. Sheltering kids from that does NOT make them better kids.
                              Exactly!!!!
                              No need to coddle people for their entire lives. Just grow up.
                              Just part of growing up.

Now, someone find the darn tag!

Eric

Comment

Between taking care of momma and the pouring rain here today and for the next couple days, no biking for me till next week sometime.

Comment

Working...
                                X