This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

or me! I live nice and close!

haha Eric I wonder if anyone on this forum has a stable that compares to yours!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Rogers View Post
      or me! I live nice and close!

haha Eric I wonder if anyone on this forum has a stable that compares to yours!
      850combat has me and everyone else beat!

Eric

Comment

Tag met.

In case it takes awhile, this computer keeps locking up. The next tag is a big a$$ed radio tower.

It was a radio station back in the day. I have no clue what it is used for today. I do know the local college has a fire and rescue course, that uses it for repelling training every now and then. There's usually an eagles nest on it. I'll see if I can find some history, while the computer isn't acting up. I can ad that by phone. Shouldn't be too hard of a tag, just make it BIG, no wimpy towers, please.
        GSRick
        No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
        Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Hardly seems fair, I have a monster tower like that at the end of my street, the engine wouldn't even get warm, have to think where to go to get another tag, fair warning, you guys who still have daylight to burn.....

Comment

Originally posted by old_skool View Post
            Hardly seems fair, I have a monster tower like that at the end of my street, the engine wouldn't even get warm, have to think where to go to get another tag, fair warning, you guys who still have daylight to burn.....
            I can say the exact same thing, as this was at the end of my street. It was starting to rain after I got the hotel photos, I had to ditch my choice tag for this one. If it makes you feel better, there was lightening around and I parked as close as I could. The risk factor should out weigh the distance, even though I took this after the hotel and going to the grocery store.
            GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
              I can say the exact same thing, as this was at the end of my street. It was starting to rain after I got the hotel photos, I had to ditch my choice tag for this one. If it makes you feel better, there was lightening around and I parked as close as I could. The risk factor should out weigh the distance, even though I took this after the hotel and going to the grocery store.
              I can see the little blinky red light on the top of the one here from my living room window, damn near park the bike in the front yard and capture it and a part of the tower from my couch

I'll do some research for a decent tag, if I come up with an idea before morning I'll get it, or wait and see if someone else gets it, but it won't get 24hrs old.

Comment

Originally posted by old_skool View Post
                I can see the little blinky red light on the top of the one here from my living room window, damn near park the bike in the front yard and capture it and a part of the tower from my couch

I'll do some research for a decent tag, if I come up with an idea before morning I'll get it, or wait and see if someone else gets it, but it won't get 24hrs old.
                Fast tags aren't a bad thing. Some (me) need them, to keep it interesting. I would have gotten the uniform tag, but we've been swamped down here. I'm not complaining, we really need the rain. I'm not a wimp that won't ride in the rain, but 75% of the time there is lightening involved, 50% it's a down pore, and 25% there is a chance of hail. I've seen it three times so far this year. Back in '91 I had a brand new (3 weeks old) Firebird destroyed by hail, while I was driving it. In the span of about 3min. my car looked like someone parked it on a driving range for a week. When I got home, my '77 Chevy pickup didn't have a single dent, although my trees were barren of thier leaves. I haven't played the game during the hurricane season, so I'm going to grab any tag I can get, when it dry.
                GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Ok then, shameless at the end of the street radio tower...TAG

Comment

Was going to do this caboose, then realized it's been done to death and recently, so you get the picture anyway just for fun, and the real tag as well, any horse drawn carriage/wagon/buggy. Can be in use, or a relic yard ornament like mine, no tractor wagons.

not the tag

TAG

And all before my first cup of coffee

Comment

If anyone is near Scottsbluff, NE there is a great (un)covered wagon. Unfortunately it would take me at least 7 hours each way.

Thought I'd share my picture anyway...

Comment

Alright, game on. Service ends around 1:00, so any players out there better step it up. I've got a carrage in mind and a great new tag. So If you want to get you have about 3 hours. The skys have cleared up and I rode to church, better get on it.
                        GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
                          Alright, game on. Service ends around 1:00, so any players out there better step it up. I've got a carrage in mind and a great new tag. So If you want to get you have about 3 hours. The skys have cleared up and I rode to church, better get on it.

posted at 11:27...are you using a smart phone during church service

Go get it, can't wait to see the new tag, I have to go back out in awhile, buy some cat and rabbit food...on the bike no less, gotta ditch the backpak, going to need all the luggage rack.

Comment

Finally a tag I could get! Not a lot of stuff this far north, but there IS a GIANT ox and cart a few towns over. Too bad for me my chain is pooched and I don't have a new one until Tuesday. I have a picture from a few days ago of my GS beside a horse drawn fire truck type wagon from the thirties, but that doesn't count and I can't seem to get it from my camera to my laptop.

Tank

Ha! tried one more time and got it to copy, but again this was a few days ago so it doesn't count as a TAG.
                            Last edited by Guest; 06-09-2012, 01:53 PM. Reason: picture

Comment

Originally posted by Steel Toed Tank View Post
                              Finally a tag I could get! Not a lot of stuff this far north, but there IS a GIANT ox and cart a few towns over. Too bad for me my chain is pooched and I don't have a new one until Tuesday. I have a picture from a few days ago of my GS beside a horse drawn fire truck type wagon from the thirties, but that doesn't count and I can't seem to get it from my camera to my laptop.

Tank

Ha! tried one more time and got it to copy, but again this was a few days ago so it doesn't count as a TAG.
                              Had this been a stalled tag that no-one could get, I probably would have accepted it, as you said it was only a few days old, but alas, you don't have a running bike even for a new tag. I try and keep the tags generic enough for all demographics. Keep checking.

Comment

I was between bible study and service, we have a bread and fruit buffet in between. Sorry to dissapoint, the carrage was moved onto the owners porch and I can't think of another around. The rain was nipping at me the whole way home. I got the next tag, but unless someone else gets it this tag today, I won't be able to use it. If it lightens up later, I can try again.
                                Last edited by gsrick; 06-09-2012, 02:23 PM.
                                GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Working...
                                X