This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bccap View Post
    Thanks guys. It's an 88. I have another tag ready, just waiting on whether the tag is accepted.
    He did, go ahead!!

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
      Thanks guys. It's an 88. I have another tag ready, just waiting on whether the tag is accepted.
      Yes it is.

Once I came around a corner in California someplace up in the mountains, little gravel road in the trees. Screeched to a stop, there was a cattle drive like this coming the other way. A few hundred of them anyway. No time to get out of the way. I was stopped in the middle of the road with the cattle going by on both sides, horns and everything. Felt like a salmon swimming upstream for sure. I was a little bit concerned, not being all that familiar with them. Apparently they know just how long their horns are, several came within inches but none touched me or the bike. After they all went by, the last cowboy tipped his hat and said something charming like, "Excuse us, sir"

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
        If that qualifies as a hill in BC I guess I don't need to ride there after all.
        Not much of a statue either, what is that, a statue of two hunks of rock? I guess it's the thought that counts.
        Good enough.
        Heh. heh.....It's actually a Henry Moore, and bronze. 16 gauge would be appropriate for the mosquitoes you're going to see. The next tag is a lamp post style clock, or town clock.

Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
        Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
        1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
          I was tempted to push a bike out to the street for this as a tag but,
          I would find it hard to believe that anyone else on GSR could also get a tag of their bike with a working cattle drive in the pic.
          (Just like the eclipse pic. )

Evert year for the Rodeo, they bring in the cattle from the desert down my street and all the way into town (15-17 more miles) to the Livestock Events Center.

"Kat", one of our neighbor's/friend's, was taking up the rear with her Daughter's horse that I remember watching the birth of.
          It was a much smaller horse then.

Eric
          Where the hell do you live ? On the Ponderosa ? Great video, though.
          Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
          1983 GS 750

Comment

He's very close to the Ponderosa, actually.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by old_skool View Post
              Nice video Eric, wife and I loved it, we think that kind of stuff is neat and part of history, she said it might annoy most city folks, but not us horse lovers, we miss the ones we had. Oh, and take something for that shaking...lol, "camera shake" old fart!
              Thanks a bunch.
              Once I recognized Kat, I wasn't paying much attention to the camera anymore.
              She also comes by to give our pets their shots as she has worked at several veterinary offices in the area and out on the ranches.

Eric

Comment

Now a Cattle drive is one I could have done.
                Or a buffalo drive, but only from outside the fence.
                I can have the clock one in minutes, but we are under sever thunderstorm warnings and it's raining like CRAZY outside. I would do it anyways, but then I have no tag ready, except for a chuckwagon, which was a tag very recently, lol.

Just not my day I guess!

Tank

Comment

Hey, nobody's got it yet ! Throw us a grain elevator, or silo, or buffalo. That'll get a few of us looking.
                  1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by Steel Toed Tank View Post
                    Now a Cattle drive is one I could have done.
                    Or a buffalo drive, but only from outside the fence.
                    I can have the clock one in minutes, but we are under sever thunderstorm warnings and it's raining like CRAZY outside. I would do it anyways, but then I have no tag ready, except for a chuckwagon, which was a tag very recently, lol.

Just not my day I guess!

Tank
                    Just do it, Tank...look out the window, and if you can't see the thunderheads, go for it.

Nah, Don't. Be safe out there. I know those prairie tornadoes can whip up out of seemingly nothing.
                    '83 GS650G
                    '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Yeah Tank, go for it, we'll sit on it for a little, to give you a chance, this is an easy one, in fact I just did this tag a month or so ago.

NOT THE TAG---old one

Comment

Ok, there should be a break in the weather in a little bit. Grain elevator, now why didn't I think of it? There's dozens of em out here.
                        Silo would be harder to get, everyone uses grain dryers out here.
                        I'll be back in a few minutes I suppose.

Tank

Comment

I really need to get a full face helmet!!

Yay, Finally got one!

Tank

Comment

Next up, grain elevators!!
                            My buddy got his Kawi in for the shot too.

Good luck, and hopefully it's not raining where you are!!

Tank

Comment

Way to go Tank!!!!
                              '83 GS 1100T
                              The Jet

sigpic
                              '95 GSXR 750w
                              The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by Steel Toed Tank View Post
                                Next up, grain elevators!!
                                My buddy got his Kawi in for the shot too.

Good luck, and hopefully it's not raining where you are!!

Tank

Kawi in the pic your banned from the game for life, to redeem yourself, you must convince him and at least 2 others to donate their bikes to me, and buy a Suzuki kidding, nice tag!!

Comment

Working...
                                X