Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I asked a few people I know today, and no one could think of one.
    If i was still in Ontario there is a giant one in Mill Race park in Cambridge tho.
    4000kms away, lol.

Tank

Comment

Ok, you guys are getting lazy and your not getting a "bye" on this one, you'll have to vote my tag out, but what I'm about to show you will make that a little difficult, you have to actually RIDE somewhere out of your comfort zone, you won't find my tags usually commuting back and forth to work.
      I just left the hospital, less than an hour ago, to let my wife rest (she had some minor surgery) and decided to go home for awhile, but with a few slight detours, and decided I would take a picture of any and all mill stones I find on the way, now I can't believe that Ohio has all of them cornered here.

No excuses, you guys had all weekend, don't make me do this everyday...

Comment

Some more pics while I was out killing time today....there was actually some wind surfers on Lake Erie today.

Tired of looking at my bike yet....go get the tag

Comment

Well EVIDENTLY Ohio DOES have them cornered out. I've never seen one in the state of Illinois. Not to say there aren't any, I've just never seen them. I have seen 1 or 2 in Indiana... I'm fairly positive that there aren't any near me... I still keep my eye open for anything unusual that would make a good tag... Bike is back together and ridable again. Although I'm running open header (temporarily). Parts list on order...
          '83 GS 1100T
          The Jet

sigpic
          '95 GSXR 750w
          The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Wait...so the new tag is wind surfers?

Comment

Cornered ! Looks like it's the state preferred address display. None around here. Unless somebody's grinding trees with them.
              Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
              Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
              1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by MAJikMARCer View Post
                Wait...so the new tag is wind surfers?

No, I was the original poster of the mill stone, I was just beating on everybody for not finding one yet, and posted a bunch more to motivate... so tag is still the same, I wouldn't try and pull a goofy impossible tag like a wind surfer

Comment

Dang...we could do wind surfers here. You could generalize and use land kite boards/buggies, etc...

I can't ever recall seeing a millstone within a couple of hundred miles of here.

So, to reiterate:

A mill stone is still the tag.
                  '83 GS650G
                  '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
                    Dang...we could do wind surfers here. You could generalize and use land kite boards/buggies, etc...

I can't ever recall seeing a millstone within a couple of hundred miles of here.

So, to reiterate:

A mill stone is still the tag.
                    correct!!!

Comment

Just park outside a Starbucks. There should be a few inside.
                      Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                      Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                      1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
                        Well EVIDENTLY Ohio DOES have them cornered out. I've never seen one in the state of Illinois. Not to say there aren't any, I've just never seen them. I have seen 1 or 2 in Indiana... I'm fairly positive that there aren't any near me... I still keep my eye open for anything unusual that would make a good tag... Bike is back together and ridable again. Although I'm running open header (temporarily). Parts list on order...
                        I googled and found a bunch in Il, but none within a 100+ miles, but thats just what was advertised as historical or tourism sites, bet there's more than you think, Indianna, Illinois and Ohio were similar in agriculture. But there still may not be none in your area.

Comment

I'll check into it...
                          '83 GS 1100T
                          The Jet

sigpic
                          '95 GSXR 750w
                          The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

I'm going back out and put another 100 miles or so on the bike before I head back to the hospital, and see if I can come up with a backup tag for you ladies in case everyone cries uncle, and I'll make most of you post the "uncle" as well.

p.s.
                            backup tag will still be tougher than store fronts and staues, I'm trying to make them generic enough for most demographics.

Comment

Found a mill stone on display not too far from home. Will go get it tonight if no one else has already.

Comment

I've driven through all three town within an hours drive and have not seen any.
                                There was never any mills around here though, just farmers that grow it, elevators that store it and trains that move it to places that DO have mills, lol.

I am trying though.

Tank

Comment

Working...
                                X