Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know of 4 mill stones in riding distance. All 4 are still in use. 3 in historic sites and 1in a organic flour mill. The 3 historic are all water powered. Would make the trip but getting the bike into the grist mill for the picture may be a problem, historical societies and partnerships, county government ect. would all frown on my riding the motorcycle up/down the steps for the picture.

Here is the closest one. In a restored and operational grist mill.

Comment

Originally posted by Whitedog View Post
      I know of 4 mill stones in riding distance. All 4 are still in use. 3 in historic sites and 1in a organic flour mill. The 3 historic are all water powered. Would make the trip but getting the bike into the grist mill for the picture may be a problem, historical societies and partnerships, county government ect. would all frown on my riding the motorcycle up/down the steps for the picture.

Here is the closest one. In a restored and operational grist mill.

If no-one gets it by tonite, tomorrow you can get a pic of the bike in front of the mill and a seperate pic of the stone, thats ok, it a working mill after all.

Otherwise....I'll post an easier backup to move the game along for a new tag.

Comment

Mill stone found outside of St. Paul. It's from the first functioning mill in Minnesota. Hard to believe I touched something that was used before the Civil War.

Next tag coming...
        Last edited by Guest; 06-25-2012, 11:27 PM.

Comment

I can't help on this one, even if it stopped raining. This is citrus country.
          GSRick
          No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
          Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Have we had a roundhouse yet? How about a functional one? This was used during the train's heyday and is now a museum. The functioning roundhouse is used daily.

Comment

Wow!
              The last time that I saw a working round-house was over 30 years ago!
              Not counting the man-powered ones for the cable cars in San Francisco.

Eric

Comment

Nothing turns around here, they just pass on through. Atleast I have a tropicalstorm to blame for my lack of tags lately. Seeing that fine example of an L over and over, has got to be driving tkent nuts. He must have been thrown from one in his younger days.
                GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
                  Wow!
                  The last time that I saw a working round-house was over 30 years ago!
                  Not counting the man-powered ones for the cable cars in San Francisco.

Eric
                  Well, get the rag out of your butt !! Sounds like a road trip to me !! Good excuse for dinner for two for you and the Missus.
                  Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                  Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                  1983 GS 750

Comment

Closest one to me is over 3 hours each way, although I drove right past it when I went to get my bike.
                    So I suppose I'm out for this one.

Good luck everyone!

Tank

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                      Well, get the rag out of your butt !! Sounds like a road trip to me !! Good excuse for dinner for two for you and the Missus.
                      Have you driven a TANK in San Francisco lately!
                      Those people are insane!!!
                      They play this game that I call "changing lanes JUST to change lanes!" for miles and miles with no one going even one mile per hour faster in any lane!!!!
                      They are crazy!!!!

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
                        Have you driven a TANK in San Francisco lately!
                        Those people are insane!!!
                        They play this game that I call "changing lanes JUST to change lanes!" for miles and miles with no one going even one mile per hour faster in any lane!!!!
                        They are crazy!!!!

Eric
                        Take the beefed up 750 and ride it like that Russian in the video awhile back. They'll never know you were there. Don't forget to mount the Go Pro.
                        GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Originally posted by rteam2 View Post
                          Have we had a roundhouse yet? How about a functional one? This was used during the train's heyday and is now a museum. The functioning roundhouse is used daily.

Nice tag and tag

We have an old unused roundhouse still in Cleveland, I won't be riding again for awhile, have to pick wife up from the hospital and will be home for quite a few days after, but anyone else playing in the Cleveland area, here's where it's located.

That's west 3rd down in the flats

Comment

I think he said it had to be a functioning roundhouse ?
                            Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                            1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                              I think he said it had to be a functioning roundhouse ?
                              We have one by us that functions as a restaurant....
                              Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Hmm.....I didn't think of that. We have one that functions as a community center.
                                1983 GS 750

Comment

Working...
                                X