• Time
  • Show
Clear All

'83 GS 1100T
    The Jet

sigpic
    '95 GSXR 750w
    The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
      See, you get to show off you bike a couple more times even if my red roof pic was better

Comment

She isn't quite worthy of showing off just yet. The camera does wonders to hide details...
        '83 GS 1100T
        The Jet

sigpic
        '95 GSXR 750w
        The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Missed by it by about 12 hours.

2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post

Very nice looking CBX

Comment

Originally posted by old_skool View Post
              See, you get to show off you bike a couple more times even if my red roof pic was better
              Now if we could only get Steve M. to get his bike to fill more of the frame...

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post

Nice bike, I think. I view the world on a 2" flip phone. Now if you were riding one of those GS1000's you would have been 12hrs early.
                GSRick
                No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

I just got back I forgot the damn camera, lol.
                  Let me get a quick bite and I'll run back out.

Comment

TAG!
                    The Paradise Hill one would have been too easy being so close, so I went one town over, to St. Walburg.
                    These signs are pretty much standard 'welcome to wherever' out here.

Next tag in a minute.
                    Tank

Comment

This tag will be "crude oil" related.
                      Mining, drilling, pumping, refining etc.
                      This is what we call a 'battery'
                      There is so much oil under this spot that they use these pumps to get it.
                      Across the road from this is another pump set up the same size, but the picture didn't turn out well.

This next picture is a much more common sight out here.
                      These are collection tanks, which sit on a drilled well, slowly pumping up oil from the ground and into the tanks.
                      The pumps usually run on natural gas that comes up from the well itself, making it possible to install these anywhere, no need of power lines.

This is pretty much the basis for the entire economy up here.
                      Most people earn MUCH more than they ever would doing the same type of jobs elsewhere.

Good luck!
                      Tank

Comment

In this picture you can see how prolific the collection tanks are are around here. There are three times as many in this valley than I could fit into the picture though.

Tank

Comment

Originally posted by Steel Toed Tank View Post
                          This tag will be "crude oil" related.
                          Mining, drilling, pumping, refining etc.
                          This is what we call a 'battery'
                          There is so much oil under this spot that they use these pumps to get it.
                          Across the road from this is another pump set up the same size, but the picture didn't turn out well.

This next picture is a much more common sight out here.
                          These are collection tanks, which sit on a drilled well, slowly pumping up oil from the ground and into the tanks.
                          The pumps usually run on natural gas that comes up from the well itself, making it possible to install these anywhere, no need of power lines.

This is pretty much the basis for the entire economy up here.
                          Most people earn MUCH more than they ever would doing the same type of jobs elsewhere.

Good luck!
                          Tank
                          Yeah...tank got a tag, just teasing, we let the easy ones slip by as we know there isn't crap out by you, but nice tag on the crude, got several refinery's here, if I get a break tomorrow, maybe I'll jump back in.

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
                            Now if we could only get Steve M. to get his bike to fill more of the frame...

Eric
                            Nothing but wise guys. lol.
                            With my rotten camera skills i am just happy that it isn't blurry.
                            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Thanks for the tour Tank. To me, that's what this game is all about. learning a little about other people's environment.
                              Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                              Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                              1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                                Thanks for the tour Tank
                                Or was it, "Thanks for the tank tour?"
                                Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                                '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Working...
                                X