This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
    You should still post your picture up though...we like to see them, even if they are late...

I'm trying to figure out where I mind find a gargoyle hiding....
    Not the grab, but since you asked...might look familiar to you Bob. DuPage Airport.

Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
    Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

I'll be up in Bangor tomorrow, I recall Steven King had some on his roof... unfortunately I wont have the bike with me.

Comment

Originally posted by gbw View Post
        Not the grab, but since you asked...might look familiar to you Bob. DuPage Airport.
        Yup...that's were I would have gone....
        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

DAH, ya jerk! I was gonna get out there tomorrow! Nice one.

What's the next one?

Comment

Originally posted by wkmpt View Post
            DAH, ya jerk! I was gonna get out there tomorrow! Nice one.

What's the next one?
            In post 352 Allie specified a gargoyle as our next target. I'm racking my brain trying to think of one around here. I know several in the city but don't have time to ride down there right now.
            Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Ohhhhh...tricky...
              I think any similar driveway statuary would fill the bill, it doesn't need to have wings and slavering jaws.
              "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Originally posted by Allie View Post
                I think any similar driveway statuary would fill the bill, it doesn't need to have wings and slavering jaws.
                Oh....I think a gargoyle will do nicely...

And for my tag....hows about an anchor?
                (A real anchor, mind you, not a coffee can filled with concrete...)

Comment

Very nicely indeed! You're it!
                  "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

(A real anchor, mind you, not a coffee can filled with concrete...)
                    Bob, the one sitting outside in my boat is a real anchor......
                    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
                      Bob, the one sitting outside in my boat is a real anchor......
                      So, easy one for you...

Comment

Dooh and me not with my bike road ready. Of course they frown on cameras on military bases. Let me tell the permission would take 2 weeks, sixteen phone calls, 2 dozen forms filled out ..twice, and a final signature from the Base CO. But I bet I got a bigger anchor than you got. lol.

Comment

A real anchor...

Here is a close up

The new tag...how about a covered bridge. Has that been done already?

Comment

Originally posted by Redneck View Post
                            Dooh and me not with my bike road ready. Of course they frown on cameras on military bases. Let me tell the permission would take 2 weeks, sixteen phone calls, 2 dozen forms filled out ..twice, and a final signature from the Base CO. But I bet I got a bigger anchor than you got. lol.

???? The Bases Ive been on, all over the world, have had airshows and open houses where everyone had a camera. How do you think the Japanese make those models of US military equipment so exact. You must be at a nuke sub base....
                            Last edited by bonanzadave; 07-04-2010, 08:47 PM.
                            82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

The new tag...how about a covered bridge. Has that been done already?
                              Long Grove, right?

Probably the only one in the area...extra tricky...

Comment

Long Grove, right?

Probably the only one in the area...extra tricky...
                                Long Grove is correct! Good eye

BTW...I think I rode past your gargoyle today. Is it on 25, just south of where 25 and Dunham Rd split?

Comment

Working...
                                X