X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steel Toed Tank View Post
    And for the next tag!?!?

An old steel death trap of a merry-go-round.

I haven't seen one of these in years until I moved out here.
    I guess cowboys kids are tough enough that there was no need to get rid of these.

Good Luck!
    Tank

PS: those yield signs are what we have instead of stop signs. It took a little while to get used to rolling through them.
    Any other place in North America and the cops would pull you over for doing a "rolling stop"
    We've still got them, but its to dark to get it tonight.
    GSRick
    No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
    Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Sweeeet! ! !
      Last edited by Spyder; 07-05-2012, 06:57 PM.
      '83 GS 1100T
      The Jet

sigpic
      '95 GSXR 750w
      The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Have we done a big ass anchor yet???

'83 GS 1100T
        The Jet

sigpic
        '95 GSXR 750w
        The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

I'm assuming the Big Azz anchor has to be somewhat larger than your normal everyday run-about pleasure boat.

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
            Have we done a big ass anchor yet???

I'm assuming that anchor came off a retired Lake Michigan steamer?

I can't imagine you have too many anchors kicking around your neck of the woods.
            '83 GS650G
            '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Sweeeet! ! !
              Great! Just add some innocent little kids and your bike and you could do this:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Eric

Comment

Hahahahahaah, although doing that with a 750 would break those kids necks.

I suppose saying I live on the prairies and far from an ocean wouldn't mean much seeing as you posted a picture of a GIANT anchor in a place called PRAIRIE HARBOR in Illinois!

But, that's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Tank

Comment

It isn't anywhere near water. And yes it has to be big enough to sink a row boat. Hahaha!
                  '83 GS 1100T
                  The Jet

sigpic
                  '95 GSXR 750w
                  The Rocket

Comment

I really don't have any idea where this anchor came from, and can't find any info for it. Strange, usually they have some sort of story behind such things. Hmmm.
                    '83 GS 1100T
                    The Jet

sigpic
                    '95 GSXR 750w
                    The Rocket

Comment

I really don't have any idea where this anchor came from, and can't find any info for it. Strange, usually they have some sort of story behind such things. Hmmm.
                      Fell off an ark?

Eric
                      Last edited by Guest; 07-06-2012, 12:17 AM.

Comment

I can't give you an answer as to the origins of these ones, either, but they look like they would have been off a tall ship, judging by how thin they are...BCCap might have some insight.

These are at English Bay, on the water side of the Maritime Museum. A worthwhile stop for those visiting with an interest in all things seafaring (No picture of the museum, unfortunately)
                        '83 GS650G

Comment

and the next tag...sorry for the poor quality, but the setting sun was just overpowering the cellphone camera

This was built in 1979, and hosts a 1/2m telescope in a 10m dome. I don't know how well they do now with all of the light pollution our fair city must put out.

For more info:

Explore the Universe Space The opportunity for discovery and adventure is in your backyard. Fuel your curiosity and journey through space with us. Tickets Events That Are Out of This World Unique events that inspire, engage, and make learning about space fun! Keep an eye out for exciting upcoming events for both kids and adults. […]

EDIT: I'm secretly hoping that one of our SoCal brothers and sisters will do a run up to Palomar for a night shot...
                          Last edited by BigD_83; 07-06-2012, 12:04 AM.
                          '83 GS650G

Comment

Looks vaguely familiar.
                            Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                            Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                            1983 GS 750

Comment

Whoops.
                              GSRick
                              No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                              Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Doesn't matter. Its a new tag. Now I just have to find a new observatory.
                                Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                                Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                                1983 GS 750

Comment

Working...
                                X