This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looks like ChargePoint has a monopoly on the charging stations:

EDIT- I guess the company that produces these is called Coulomb Technologies:

http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa402/BigD_83GS650/Riding%20Game/DSC_1047.jpg
    Last edited by BigD_83; 07-08-2012, 07:56 PM.
    '83 GS650G
    '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

While we are on the topic of green energy, how about a green building that is also a head office? Bonus points if it is a certified LEED building. Lots of room to be creative with this tag.

This one (Mountain Equipment Co-Operative Head Office) was built a while back, before LEED was in full force, and since 2005 the company has made it a mandate that any new building will be built with the intention of acquiring LEED certification:

The louvers on the outside of the building open and close automatically in response to the sun, to either heat or shade the building as necessary. I'm not sure why they are open at the moment:

'83 GS650G
      '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Looks like a building to me. How would know if one is green or "Leed"? (whatever that means)
        '83 GS 1100T
        The Jet

sigpic
        '95 GSXR 750w
        The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
          Looks like a building to me. How would know if one is green or "Leed"? (whatever that means)
          A lot of Cooperatives are, my electric company is considered green, might be leed...I'm guessing that's a certification of some kind based on their ecological footprint or some tree hugging BS... Excuse me while I go baby seal hunting.

Comment

Hmmm, guess I'll have to do some homework on this one tomorrow...
            '83 GS 1100T
            The Jet

sigpic
            '95 GSXR 750w
            The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by old_skool View Post
              A lot of Cooperatives are, my electric company is considered green, might be leed...I'm guessing that's a certification of some kind based on their ecological footprint or some tree hugging BS... Excuse me while I go baby seal hunting.
              I didn't know oHIo had baby seals. Is it a privite reserve or part of the SCAA, Seal Clubbers Association of America. We just go to the beach and hit on pasty white fat chicks.
              GSRick
              No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
              Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

I'll use this as my guide....learn something new each day!

ps...since green means shutting all the lights off, I can't get a building shot tonight.
                Last edited by Guest; 07-08-2012, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
                  I didn't know oHIo had baby seals. Is it a privite reserve or part of the SCAA, Seal Clubbers Association of America. We just go to the beach and hit on pasty white fat chicks.

We sneak in the zoo with a 12pak of Pabst Blue Ribbon and a shotgun

Comment

Pabst Blue Ribbon! You truly are old school, old_skool. That was Granpa's on my momma's side of the fam. favorite. I was a Bud man before I quit. When I quiet drinking 2 1/2 years ago, I think I contributed to the unemployment problem. A least two workers. Probibly another one when I quit smoking a month later.
                    GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Whale clubbing???
                      '83 GS 1100T
                      The Jet

sigpic
                      '95 GSXR 750w
                      The Rocket

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
                        Whale clubbing???
                        Remember you said that not me.
                        While I'm here and since your asking in such big type.
                        Tell us about that plasma cutter you have for sale.
                        Last edited by gsrick; 07-08-2012, 10:45 PM.
                        GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Pabst Blue Ribbon! You truly are old school, old_skool. That was Granpa's on my momma's side of the fam. favorite. I was a Bud man before I quit. When I quiet drinking 2 1/2 years ago, I think I contributed to the unemployment problem. A least two workers. Probibly another one when I quit smoking a month later.
                          You're a quiet drinker ! No Canadian blood in you !
                          Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                          Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                          1983 GS 750

Comment

My wife use to get me beer to get me to talk, then have take it away to get me to shut up! Yeah I was a quiet drinker, but I sure could wisper your ear off. I'm of Bohemian ancestry, that must have been why I was so good at drinking beer.
                            Last edited by gsrick; 07-08-2012, 11:36 PM.
                            GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Originally posted by old_skool View Post
                              Hey ! Whatsa matter with seal hunting ?
                              Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                              Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                              1983 GS 750

Comment

Well, after riding for 136 miles, I went to the parking lot H that the google search said had two of the darn things since 2008.
                                As this is Sunday at a Community College, there was not a single car anywhere and not one charging station to be found or even evidence that there had even been two of them there!
                                So, I rode all around the entire campus and found parking lot GG but no HH!
                                Still no charging station to be found!

I took some pic's and video's to show just how much fun it was riding down in the canyons earlier today on the frickin highway.

Motorcycles started showing up in my rear view mirrors when cruising around the campus.
                                They were piling up just up the hill from where I took the flag pic.
                                So, I scooted on over to take a peak...

Comment

Working...
                                X