X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Tag; "someone famous was born here"

Comment

Hmm... Good tag. Have to think about that one. But be careful using your side stand in gravel. Ask me how I know ?
      Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
      Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
      1983 GS 750

Comment

Had to look him up. This would have made him infamous:

"Given command of the Army of the Cumberland, he fought against Confederate Gen. Braxton Bragg at Stones River, and later outmaneuvered him in the brilliant Tullahoma Campaign, driving the Confederates from Middle Tennessee. His strategic movements then caused Bragg to abandon the critical city of Chattanooga, but Rosecrans's pursuit of Bragg ended during the bloody Battle of Chickamauga, where his unfortunately worded order mistakenly opened a gap in the Union line and Rosecrans and a third of his army were swept from the field. Besieged in Chattanooga, Rosecrans was relieved of command by Grant."
        '83 GS650G
        '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Rosecrans

Had to look him up. This would have made him infamous:

"Given command of the Army of the Cumberland, he fought against Confederate Gen. Braxton Bragg at Stones River, and later outmaneuvered him in the brilliant Tullahoma Campaign, driving the Confederates from Middle Tennessee. His strategic movements then caused Bragg to abandon the critical city of Chattanooga, but Rosecrans's pursuit of Bragg ended during the bloody Battle of Chickamauga, where his unfortunately worded order mistakenly opened a gap in the Union line and Rosecrans and a third of his army were swept from the field. Besieged in Chattanooga, Rosecrans was relieved of command by Grant."
          Cool, the tag is now, "infamous person born here". Good luck with that one.

Comment

Originally posted by DanTheMan View Post
            If that was MSF for real, the coaches are being bad. All MSF coaches are supposed to be wearing either the bright yellow reflective vests or clothing of the same nature. The guy that had trouble accelerating and stopping was riding like many novice riders do, and it's a good thing he's taking the course, he should be able to ride better by the end of it. They had several more exercises to go before the skills test portion, he might have it figured out by then.
            I should be humble and say I would hate to have seen my video. lol
            I tested on my big Shadow, which is btw, a horribly balanced machine. At those creeping speeds like in traffic I still wobble all over the place. Impossible to keep her steady.

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
              Hmm... Good tag. Have to think about that one. But be careful using your side stand in gravel. Ask me how I know ?
              The old "oh it'll be fine"

minutes later....DOH!
              +1 (grass is bad too)

Comment

I'm going to be testing on my friends kawi klx250sf, My bike is just too big and high strung at slow and low city speeds to use for a precision "test taking" kind of driving style. His bike is half the weight, a third of the power, and a six speed. So I would have to shift 3 times to break a speed limit, lol.

As for tags I'm out for a bit. My friend is back from his trip so I have no lend of his bike, and mine's in pieces waiting for parts to arrive in the mail.
                Sonic Springs came in today, YAY!!

Tank

Comment

Originally posted by CEEDUBB View Post

Okay, how about a big rock, with some kind of writing on it?

Comment

Originally posted by CEEDUBB View Post
                    Okay, how about a big rock, with some kind of writing on it?
                    Keep it the original tag...it hasn't been 24 hrs and don't make it too easy yet.

Comment

I agree. Keep the original tag. We'll get it.
                      Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                      1983 GS 750

Comment

I agree, don't change it. If no one has it by tonight I'll get it on the way to work tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by rteam2 View Post
                          I agree, don't change it. If no one has it by tonight I'll get it on the way to work tomorrow.
                          Better be quick....I may have a site mapped out on my ride tomorrow morning!!

Comment

I have searched out famous people born in Vancouver, and either we don't have enough pride in them, or nobody ever thought there place of birth important. I cannot for the life of me find a plaque anywhere in our area commemorating the birth of a PERSON. How about GreenPeace? There's a plaque for their maiden voyage somewhere around here.
                            '83 GS650G

Comment

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
                              I have searched out famous people born in Vancouver, and either we don't have enough pride in them, or nobody ever thought there place of birth important. I cannot for the life of me find a plaque anywhere in our area commemorating the birth of a PERSON. How about GreenPeace? There's a plaque for their maiden voyage somewhere around here.
                              Infamous might be a little easier to find.
                              1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                                Infamous might be a little easier to find.
                                Yeah, but would someone really put up a plaque for the birth of El Gordo?
                                '83 GS650G

Comment

Working...
                                X