Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Several famous and infamous people born within riding distance just no signs indicating their birth place. Heck Danica Patric grew up 30 minutes from my place and started racing just 7 miles down the road. I just have not seen a sign acknowledging her local heritage yet.
    Last edited by Guest; 07-10-2012, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Went looking for this, as I remembered it having been pointed out in New West when I was a little kid. Evidently its moved.

Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
      Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
      1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by Whitedog View Post
        Several famous and infamous people born within riding distance just no signs indicating their birth place. Heck Danica Patric grew up 30 minutes from my place and started racing just 7 miles down the road. I just have not seen a sign acknowledging her local heritage yet.
        I think she actually needs to accomplish something first besides looking good for sponcers.
        GSRick
        No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
        Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
          Went looking for this, as I remembered it having been pointed out in New West when I was a little kid. Evidently its moved.

http://www.westcoastpaddler.com/gall...lbum=23&pos=42
          Old Ironbackside. Man I remember seeing him clap with one hand on a TV show when I was a kid. I think it was the Mike Douglas Show, but I can't find any clips of it. I'm not a Google Master.
          GSRick
          No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
          Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

....meanwhile back in Gotham City

So you JUST beat me with the kayak tag. I literally sat down to upload and you came in first... just for your viewing pleasure, my kayak tag pics.

This is at Camp HI Canoe Livery on the Cuyahoga River. A canoe/kayak rental place that sets you up for 3,5 or 10 mile trips. Cuyahoga in Indian means "crooked river" and I can vouch by much experience on the river it certainly is crooked. Me and the fellas ever since high school have caught numerous large mouth , small mouth, and my favorite..Northern Pike. The Cuyahoga is famous for catching on fire in Cleveland back in the day. The Burning River Roller Girls is the main roller derby team in Cleveland. I have always heard the Cuyahoga is the only river in the world that runs both north and south for a considerable distance. It starts out by my house from 2 different branches from creeks and springs, running south 35 miles to Akron Ohio and then turning north and running back up 35 is miles to Lake Erie. Just keepin the thread interesting! lol
            Be back in the game soon, its hard being a full time dad.

Comment

I hope you're not eating those fish ?
              Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
              1983 GS 750

Comment

I hope you're not eating those fish ?
                I agree, they try and say it's a lot cleaner, but a lot cleaner isn't saying much when it was so polluted it actually caught fire in 1969, too much steel and petroleum industry along it's pathway, use to see deformed fish all the time, I believe they still have mercury warnings.
                I know a lot of people walleye fish, or striped bass and perch fish the lake, but I only catch/eat fish from the inland lakes, not from Erie...I mean... a lake named Erie..c'mon

Comment

[QUOTE=old_skool;1690390]I agree, they try and say it's a lot cleaner, but a lot cleaner isn't saying much when it was so polluted it actually caught fire in 1969, too much steel and petroleum industry along it's pathway, use to see deformed fish all the time, I believe they still have mercury warnings.
                  I know a lot of people walleye fish, or striped bass and perch fish the lake, but I only catch/eat fish from the inland lakes, not from Erie...I mean... a lake named Erie..c'mon

You'll have to come up and try some of these sometime.

1983 GS 750

Comment

[QUOTE=bccap;1690398]
                    Originally posted by old_skool View Post
                    I agree, they try and say it's a lot cleaner, but a lot cleaner isn't saying much when it was so polluted it actually caught fire in 1969, too much steel and petroleum industry along it's pathway, use to see deformed fish all the time, I believe they still have mercury warnings.

You'll have to come up and try some of these sometime.

Why did you keep the bait, couldn't catch any fish, we have catfish where I fish that will jerk you out of the boat, give you a good azz whipping and throw you back in if you don't have a big club handy....We catch some smaller channel cats that size abaout 8 miles from here in Spencer Lake, good eating.
                    What are those...steel heads?Walleye? I'm usually an avid Largemouth Bass fisherman myself.

Comment

Those are Spring salmon. Probably in the 15 to 20lb. range. 30 to 40 pounders are not uncommon, and some in the 50-60lb. range. I just found the photo on line. I've never eaten catfish , but would definitely like to try it. Hopefully I will get to try it on my trip south this summer, but I think I will be too far north and west.
                      1983 GS 750

Comment

Those are Spring salmon. Probably in the 15 to 20lb. range. 30 to 40 pounders are not uncommon, and some in the 50-60lb. range. I just found the photo on line. I've never eaten catfish , but would definitely like to try it. Hopefully I will get to try it on my trip south this summer, but I think I will be too far north and west.
                        I was only busting on you about the size, those are good size fish, and smaller fish usually have a better taste in any frish breed.

Comment

NEVER EATEN CATFISH ! ? ! ? ? UGH ! ! ! It's a must! Even if you get it at a restaurant, you HAVE to at least try it. No other fish will taste as good again!
                          '83 GS 1100T
                          The Jet

sigpic
                          '95 GSXR 750w
                          The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

WooHoo! Engine/parts bike will arrive tonight!!!
                            '83 GS 1100T
                            The Jet

sigpic
                            '95 GSXR 750w
                            The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
                              NEVER EATEN CATFISH ! ? ! ? ? UGH ! ! ! It's a must! Even if you get it at a restaurant, you HAVE to at least try it. No other fish will taste as good again!
                              Fresh water Perch are one of my absolute favorites!

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
                                I think the keyword for any seafood is the word FRESH. I had a cook one time who would have me sail across a particular cod fish hole when we were in the area. Mmmmm........ fresh ling cod fish and chips. Bastard would never let anyone in the galley when he was making the batter. So we never did find out the recipe.
                                Last edited by bccap; 07-11-2012, 11:34 AM.
                                1983 GS 750

Comment

Working...
                                X