This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by old_skool View Post
    We have a cheese factory here in Ohio in amish country, maybe this weekend I'll bail you guys out again
    Ever notice how Ohio seems to have at least one of everything??
    I have 2 within 10 miles of me
    Middlefield Cheese Factory and Great Lakes Cheese
    I will not be able to ride till saturday afternoon tho.

Comment

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
      A link would be nice. All I found were cheese stores. Keep in mind it takes 4 hours to ride to south Fl. 8 hours round trip. There is a reason why Wisconsonians are called Cheese Heads. Cheese is not a big tourist draw in Florida. I'm just busting chops on the regional thing. I get plenty of tags, so don't sweat it. I've actually curbed my enthusiasm for grabbing every tag I can get. Winter months will be around again soon enough to keep me hustling for tags. It's a good tag.
      Ok here's a couple http://www.ricottaandcheese.com/index.html
      http://www.winterparkdairy.com/,

Comment

Originally posted by loud et View Post
        I have 2 within 10 miles of me
        Middlefield Cheese Factory and Great Lakes Cheese
        I will not be able to ride till saturday afternoon tho.
        I would be in heaven!
        No cheese factories around here that I know of.
        But, I did ride past a really large one in Tillamook, Oregon.

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
          I would be in heaven!
          No cheese factories around here that I know of.
          But, I did ride past a really large one in Tillamook, Oregon.

Eric
          I've bought cheese here made by Tillamook Farms. lol I think its offered at the Aldi Supermarket chain.

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
            .....my next tags gonna be my bike next to the front door of my igloo.... { soon as the door melts and I can get out of here }
            An igloo in Vancouver, that would be a neat trick. I thought it rained most of the time there.

Comment

Yea they don't call us cheese heads for nothing. Larry the Cable Guy was in town filming for an only in America episode, they stopped in a local pub for lunch. Had him sample a locally made specialty cheese sandwich, grilled Limburger and onion on dark rye, Baumgardners in Monroe WI makes them on Wednesdays for lunch. See Larry's reaction http://www.history.com/shows/only-in...sehead-charity They stink to hi heaven, but the local Swiss like them.

FYI: The only cheese factory in the USA to make Limburger cheese is about 9 miles from mi house. Chalet cheese. http://www.eatwisconsincheese.com/wi...spx?artisan=16

Comment

Originally posted by loud et View Post
                I've bought cheese here made by Tillamook Farms. lol I think its offered at the Aldi Supermarket chain.
                I bought some Gummi Bears that were made in Australia, packaged in China and sold from a distributor in Georgia before.
                And they were only .50 for a 5 ounce package!
                Just HOW CHEAP is food to be made that it costs LESS for it to travel around the Globe?

But, if we send a GS part just across a few state lines/ a thousand miles, it is VERY EXPENSIVE to ship!

Eric

Comment

current tag- Cheese Factory

....this is getting as bad as when I mentioned fish the other day, and the thread spiraled out of control. ha ha
                  I guess there is time to kill till the cheese photo arrives.

Comment

Originally posted by Whitedog View Post
                    Baumgardners in Monroe WI
                    Have been there a few times. Good eats. Big fan of the products of New Glarus as well, but that may be a tag for a different day.

I'm too close to Cheesehead land and spend too much time there to avoid this one. Would like to jump on this tag but not sure about today's weather.
                    Last edited by Guest; 07-13-2012, 03:38 AM.

Comment

Thanks, the first one wont pull up m my phone. The WPDairy I'll give a try after work, but I don't expect to see a plant there. That area used to be rural, but has been run over by subdivisions. And WP is kinda artsie fartsie, so don't expect much by way of a cheese factory. Since Larry the Cable Guy grew up a few miles north of me, I might have a better chance of takeing a photo of him cutting the cheese. lol Somebody get the cheese pleese.
                      GSRick
                      No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                      Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

An igloo in Vancouver, that would be a neat trick. I thought it rained most of the time there.
                        How do you think the door melts ?
                        Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                        Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                        1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
                          Thanks, the first one wont pull up m my phone. The WPDairy I'll give a try after work, but I don't expect to see a plant there. That area used to be rural, but has been run over by subdivisions. And WP is kinda artsie fartsie, so don't expect much by way of a cheese factory. Since Larry the Cable Guy grew up a few miles north of me, I might have a better chance of takeing a photo of him cutting the cheese. lol Somebody get the cheese pleese.
                          Rick I'll help you out. Here is the farm and factory address I believe.

Winter Park Dairy
                          4501 Howell Branch Road
                          Winter Park, FL 32792

Here is the address of the Ricotta Factory in Orlando
                          Ricotta Cheese Factory
                          4241 L B McLeod Road, Orlando, FL
                          (407) 826-1568
                          Last edited by Guest; 07-13-2012, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Rick I'll help you out. Here is the farm and factory address I believe.

Winter Park Dairy
                            4501 Howell Branch Road
                            Winter Park, FL 32792

Here is the address of the Ricotta Factory in Orlando
                            Ricotta Cheese Factory
                            4241 L B McLeod Road, Orlando, FL
                            (407) 826-1568
                            Would you like him to go over your house, and ride your bike there, I'm sure you can ride B.. on the back

Comment

Originally posted by old_skool View Post
                              Would you like him to go over your house, and ride your bike there, I'm sure you can ride B.. on the back
                              If he rides to my house I'll ride my bike back with him. Its only a short 25 hrs in each direction. If he leaves now we should be back in Orlando mid afternoon on Sunday.

Comment

Nobody rides on the back of my bike, but my old lady. Unless I'm ready for a new old lady. Stop trying to get me in dutch with my chickie. BETWEEN YOU AND ERIC, I wont have to worry about my bikes getting me the boot. Now back to business, LB McCloud is an industrial area and sounds like the better chance of a proper tag. Warning though, it's right down the street from Universal Studios and a bunch of other attractions. The next tag will be a tourist trap of some kind.
                                GSRick
                                No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                                Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Working...
                                X