Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be fair, cheap "Light" American Lagers are good for getting drunk cheaply without feeling too full too quickly and when you puke it up later it's not quite as harsh as cheap liquor. The biggest negative (after lack of taste) is having to pee a lot.

But outside of college and tailgating, I can't see the appeal. I'd rather have a couple really nice tasty beers over a six pack of flavorless light beer. I don't drink anyones light beer, even if the 'heavy' is a well respected beer. I'm drinking a freakin beer, not eating a salad. Sheesh.

Comment

So whats the deal, a day and a half and no beer truck? I wasn't going to go after this one. 1.) way to easy or so I thought 2.) I've been busy actually wrenching on things 3.) I quit drinking 2 1/2 years ago, not that I ever drank light beer yuk! 4.) It been wet and I melt easily. No one gets it by 3:00 tomorrow, I'll go get it. I still know where all the beer distributors are. I've got a good tag, I haven't seen used since I've been playing, in mind. It came close reciently, but not close enought to hold it off for a while.
      GSRick
      No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
      Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
        80 GS1000S {stupid name deleated, Thanks old_skool} NO TITLE/WILL BE RESTORED Title ideas welcomed.
        How about...."it will be another 3 years before I get it running even after I get an engine...." too long??

Comment

Been storming here last couple days. beer trucks are usually done for the day by the time I get off of work. I know where a distributer is about 40 miles from me. Maybe I'll run over there after work tomorrow.
          Last edited by Spyder; 07-19-2012, 10:11 PM.
          '83 GS 1100T
          The Jet

sigpic
          '95 GSXR 750w
          The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by old_skool View Post
            How about...."it will be another 3 years before I get it running even after I get an engine...." too long??
            The S runs, thank you very much. I actually bought it for the engine, to put in the 1100ez. I didn't know it was a real S. With the 33mm flats and a wicked sounding cam set, It might blow my 1100 away. If I can't come up with a title solution I might make a drag bike out of it.

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
            Been storming here last couple days. beer trucks are usually done for the day by the time I get off of work. I know where a distributed is about 40 miles from me. Maybe I'll run over there after work tomorrow.
            Save your gas, I get off at 3:00 and it's about a 20min. ride north or south to get this tag and the rain has moved on. Or that what the weather peoples say. With Florida it can rain anytime the sea breeze pushes inland. Besides it's not like they are going to force me to chug-a-lug.
            GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Save your gas, I get off at 3:00 and it's about a 20min. ride north or south to get this tag and the rain has moved on.
              Does that mean I have to chase down beer trucks at 9am? Maybe if I get the Bud man to pose and tell him he'll be plastered on a worldwide forum, he'll give me a complimentary case of today's special....or I can ride down to the Anheusur Busch brewery in Merrimack, NH and get my 3 free ice cold cups of special brew of the day on tap.

Comment

I tried yesterday. Went over to Molsons brewery where there are hundreds of trucks. All painted white ! Then down to Granville Is. where they've had an antique beer truck for years. The bastards removed it ! I think they're out to get me.
                Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                  I tried yesterday. Went over to Molsons brewery where there are hundreds of trucks. All painted white ! Then down to Granville Is. where they've had an antique beer truck for years. The bastards removed it ! I think they're out to get me.
                  Put it in perspective...while the world is coming apart, grown men are chasing down beer trucks on their bikes!

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
                    Put it in perspective...while the world is coming apart, grown men are chasing down beer trucks on their bikes!
                    If it does come apart, that's exactly what I'll be doing.
                    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                    1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
                      Actually made me lol at the office. Thanks for the chuckle.

Comment

Is anybody going to get this tag? It's only a 30% chance of rain today, but it starting to look like 80% to me. I guess that 30% was at the news station that was doing the forcasting.
                        GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Come on...anybody? Are beer trucks a thing of the past?

I'll have a chance tomorrow morning, but there's no guarantee the resident beer truck will be there when I go to pick up my stuff across the border.
                          '83 GS650G
                          '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

STUFF? What stuff are you getting and why do you have to cross the border to get it?
                            GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

STUFF? What stuff are you getting and why do you have to cross the border to get it?
                              Well, if I was coming into the province and going back to the US...that'd be a different kind of "stuff", and I'd probably have to do it by kayak.

This one is just assorted GS parts:

Eastern Beaver PC-8 is the golden item this week, and a bunch of little things from Boulevard Suzuki: brake seals, tach seal...
                              '83 GS650G
                              '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Point Roberts is a piece of land that extends past the 49th parallel. By land you have to go through Canada to get there. Very convenient place for us Canucks to have things shipped to. And take advantage of the free shipping offered to the lower 48. Not to mention its a nice spot and ride. And if the car is empty, cheap gas.
                                1983 GS 750

Comment

Working...
                                X