This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by loud et View Post
    Just go to ANY Wal Mart in America and you will find seagulls.
    Seriously, I never saw a seagull in my entire county til Wally World moved in , and ....there they be, out in the middle of the country.
    They must hide on the shipping containers that come over from China
    Our landfills are coverd with them. It's the closest thing we have to snow capped mountains.
    GSRick
    No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
    Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Originally posted by old_skool
      What happened that you couldn't ride it up??

Still using it, still working on the fairing, have to make my Plexiglas pattern next, then make mounting brackets, paint and assemble/install.

Must be the hilljack in me, I actually like the stuff
      No, I've been riding Suzy I lately and I think I have a battery drain. I traded my big block 460 and had to clear room in the garage to load it up in the guys truck. You don't do that kind of thing in my driveway.

I like Helper also, but that Stroganoff last night was funky. Something was off some how. I've been paying for it all day.
      GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

I like it too. Used to be on the weekly menu here. But the older I get, the more I "pay" for it.

Old_skool, the bike looks great. How does she feel?
        '83 GS 1100T
        The Jet

sigpic
        '95 GSXR 750w
        The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

If the speedo is reading faster than you are actually going then your mileage will seem low. You will have less miles on odometer than what has actually gone under your tires.
          '83 GS 1100T
          The Jet

sigpic
          '95 GSXR 750w
          The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Sorry, yes. I said that backwards. Just discovered the same problem on my stepdads yammy. He was complaining that he was only getting 30mpg. his speedo was slow by 10mph. so if speedo is reading 60, but you are actually doing 70, odometer will read less miles than you traveled. therefore throwing you mpg calculations off...

I have connected my fuel gauge wires backwards before and gotten very erratic readings. Just a thought, something to check...
            '83 GS 1100T
            The Jet

sigpic
            '95 GSXR 750w
            The Rocket

Comment

Hey you chatty cathys, what's the next tag? Lol
              No signature

Comment

****hawks.....
                Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                1983 GS 750

Comment

Seagull ('s)
                  '83 GS 1100T
                  The Jet

sigpic
                  '95 GSXR 750w
                  The Rocket

Comment

Need a ruling here. Are we allowed to reshoot a picture from a tag used before ?
                    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                    1983 GS 750

Comment

I think as long as it's a new picture, yes...
                      '83 GS 1100T
                      The Jet

sigpic
                      '95 GSXR 750w
                      The Rocket

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                        Need a ruling here. Are we allowed to reshoot a picture from a tag used before ?
                        Yes, but you have to get creative. Besides, didn't you use the Rocketship twice already? I'm sure there must be more than one obelsik in Vancouver.
                        '83 GS650G
                        '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

No I didn't. I intentionally held off as I wanted to see the US stuff. I did however post the picture, after the tag was met. I won't reshoot unless the tag gets stuck.
                          1983 GS 750

Comment

I don't think you can use the tower the spaceship is mounted on, they are uneven sides, and really has no shape like an obelisk, otherwise any rectangular structure would count, let's not get that repetitive, the cemeteries are full of them, you don't actually have to enter one to see them.

edit;
                            if the tag gets stuck I'll change it
                            Geez.... Not that one. I only asked if the tag gets stuck. Some have been taking days to get. I've got loads of tags. The one I was referring to was this one. It is an obelisk complete with pyramid. Not the tag.

1983 GS 750

Comment

No need to change anything. http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rc...CXo8Iee6CIzLpg
                              I'll go for it after work tomorrow if the tag is still available.
                              GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

to be honest, it has multiple facets, not an obelisk in my opinion, usually when you get stuck too long on a tag, the tag holder substitutes the tag or changes the parameter of the tag, not the tag-ees.

This shouldn't even be a discussion at this time, no time has even gone by yet, lets worry about an alternate tag when it becomes necessary, lets have fun, not over think it, it's just a game.
                                And what would be an obelisk in your opinion? 4 sides with a pyramid. Well duh!! Oh by the way yours isn't, mine is. Why the hell do you think it was designed that way,I asked a simple question, and it was not addressed at you. It was a question on the rules. You are not judge and jury. And it wouldn't be a discussion if you hadn't stuck your nose in.
                                Oh just for giggles please point our the multiple facets ? Sheesh!!

Last edited by bccap; 08-17-2012, 12:52 AM.
                                1983 GS 750

Comment

Working...
                                X