This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bccap View Post
    When I drove by English Bay yesterday, I hadn't noticed that they converted the bath house into a Cactus Club.
    I didn't know that, either.

Approved in 2010:

English Bay Beach goers not already familiar with Cactus Club’s menu will soon be smelling the french fries following a park board vote on Monday (March 22) paving the way for the restaurant to replace the existing concession.
    '83 GS650G
    '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

There is a nice restaurant on the beach at a State Park in Santa Barbara down by the pier.
      I am certain that we have several members near there.

Eric

Comment

Nope its a local shop that only hires female mechanics. Apparently it is very difficult for girls to enter the trade. The owner told me that it makes female customers more comfortable, the girls don't try to tell him how to run his business, and dirty old men like me keep coming back.
        That is one hell of a business plan he got there. He just needs to work on the uniforms.
        Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
        There is a nice restaurant on the beach at a State Park in Santa Barbara down by the pier.
        I am certain that we have several members near there.

Eric
        There not allowed to piay in Cali, the tax is too high.
        GSRick
        No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
        Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Those tag taxes can be costly.
          '83 GS 1100T
          The Jet

sigpic
          '95 GSXR 750w
          The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
            I didn't know that, either.

Approved in 2010:

http://www.straight.com/article-2992...board-approval
            Just read that article you posted. What a great idea for the Parks Board. They get rid of an eyesore and make a few bucks. They also did it at Kits as well. Cactus Club pays for the building construction, pays rent, and forks over a percentage. Here is a before and after picture.

Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
            Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
            1983 GS 750

Comment

Closest thing I can think of is Blue Springs State Park, they have an old flour mill that was converted into a make your own pancake house. I'll see if I can pull up some info on it. I haven't been there in years.
              GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Looks like a cool park. Can you get a good view of the manatees ?
                Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                1983 GS 750

Comment

Looks like a cool park. Can you get a good view of the manatees ?
                  Oh yeah, they come there and live there during the winter. The water is 70f year round and they are warm blooded mammals. I'll see if I can get some photos this winter. After a frustrating search with my 3G flip phone, it's DeLeon Springs State Park farther north. Old Spanish Sugar Mill is the pancake house. Like I said, it's been awhile.
                  GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Is it still a restaurant in a park? Gonna ride my bike to work today.
                    No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                      Is it still a restaurant in a park? Gonna ride my bike to work today.
                      Yes...that's the tag. I'm going to get it after work today if nobody has it by 6:00pm Pacific
                      '83 GS650G

Comment

I can't believe nobody got this yet:

One Restaurant in a park. Well hidden behind the park-y structures.

seeing as my last one took forever,

The NEW TAG...another threefer; your choice of

Your bike with a photographer in the background, (taking a picture of the full moon)

OR a picture of a local college/university (bonus points if you get the moon in your shot):

OR a golf course (bonus for having an active tournament going on)

'83 GS650G

Comment

Too many errands in the Yukon(family taxi) to do after work yesterday. My wife has finally desided to stop driving, except for emergances, so it all falls to me. With after school sports and other chores, I'll be lucky to get many tags during the week. Not that I wont try. I can get two, maybe all three of these tags, if I get everything done early enough. Central Florida has no shortages of golf courses and colleges. Luck will have to be in play to pull off a hat trick.
                          GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Just an aside...but how come we have very few players outside of Canada and the US?
                            '83 GS650G

Comment

Good question! We should advertise on other threads...
                              '83 GS 1100T
                              The Jet

sigpic
                              '95 GSXR 750w
                              The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Well, I got two, but missed the bonus points.

Golf course:

University:

Comment

Working...
                                X