This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
    I see you have the "extended gas tank" option on your bike...
    You should get close to 300 miles between fill ups...
    Can I get one for my L ?

Comment

And the next tag would be???? Well were are waiting... Haha just giving you the gears Rick. No but really what's the next tag?
      No signature

Comment

The next tag is a lighted fountain. Someone please get it since there are none shown around Indy.

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
          I see you have the "extended gas tank" option on your bike...
          You should get close to 300 miles between fill ups...
          Do you need 2 stroke oil when you switch over to the spare tank since it looks like it's from a GT?

Comment

Does parking the GS behind the fountain and illuminating it with your headlight count?
            '83 GS650G
            '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
              Do you need 2 stroke oil when you switch over to the spare tank since it looks like it's from a GT?
              That is what I thought as well. In fact, looks like a 380GT. But they had a separate oil tank, which worked quite well, thank you very much, so no, only fuel.

Comment

Originally posted by koolaid_kid View Post
                That is what I thought as well. In fact, looks like a 380GT. But they had a separate oil tank, which worked quite well, thank you very much, so no, only fuel.
                You win the grand prize. It is a 380GT tank. I'm trying to work a trade deal with it for a 1150ef fairing to put on Suzy III. Not quite there yet, but he does want one of my extra cherry pickers. I forgot about that yesterday when I took the tank. That should be enough to seal the deal. I'll still need to get some lowers for it, but the rest is all there.
                GSRick
                No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Sweet. I liked them, but at $899 my 500 twin was a better value and a better bike than the 380 at around $1199 or so. Still a Suzuki or nothing at that time.

Comment

Well, the only potentially lighted fountain (I've only seen it in the daytime) I know of has no way for me to get near it.

Well, I guess if I go at night and turn off my headlight

Anyone else have anything, or is it time for a new tag?

Comment

...I know of a couple potential targets here in V-town, but I don't have my camera tonight

It's going to be the weekend before I can get a shot of either
                      '83 GS650G

Comment

I wont be able to get a new tag till tomorrow, so I want to use my alternative tag to the fairy tale house. It was a large land locked boat. If someone could go back and do a copy and paste for me, it would be appreciated. I can't do it or repost it with my phone. Thanks.
                        GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Thanks Rich. I went to the house where this boat is,(6 miles west of the St. Johns River on sr44) to pick up some clothes they wanted to donate to my church's fall clothes drive. The story is they are restoring it to do," the Great Loop". It's a intercoastal/river route, that uses the east coast intercoastal water ways up to the Hudson River, over the Great Lakes, down the Mississippi to the Gulf of Mexico, down around the Florida Keys or cut through to Lake Okeechobe and back up the intercoastal. I had never heard about it, but it sounds like an awsome bucket list item. They will take the St. Johns up to Jacksonville and head north to start the loop. The boat it self is an old trawler with two Perkins diesels. The have outfitted it by using a neighbors travel trailer that was opened up by a tornado that went down their road. They used most of the interior, appliences, door, windows, and holding tanks. They are thinking of nameing it "TRAWLER TRASH".
                          GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
                            Thanks Rich. I went to the house where this boat is,(6 miles west of the St. Johns River on sr44) to pick up some clothes they wanted to donate to my church's fall clothes drive. The story is they are restoring it to do," the Great Loop". It's a intercoastal/river route, that uses the east coast intercoastal water ways up to the Hudson River, over the Great Lakes, down the Mississippi to the Gulf of Mexico, down around the Florida Keys or cut through to Lake Okeechobe and back up the intercoastal. I had never heard about it, but it sounds like an awsome bucket list item. They will take the St. Johns up to Jacksonville and head north to start the loop. The boat it self is an old trawler with two Perkins diesels. The have outfitted it by using a neighbors travel trailer that was opened up by a tornado that went down their road. They used most of the interior, appliences, door, windows, and holding tanks. They are thinking of nameing it "TRAWLER TRASH".
                            That's pretty cool.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Lighted fountain, land-locked boat or... ?
                              What am I supposed to be looking for?

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
                                Lighted fountain, land-locked boat or... ?
                                What am I supposed to be looking for?

Eric
                                Pretty sure either one is going to work at this point...
                                '83 GS650G

Comment

Working...
                                X