This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
    I'll ride over to the coast and look out at the ocean. I'm sure someone will get it before one pops up. I can do some fishing while I'm there.
    Maybe you can find Wakulla or Space Mountain or something.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
      Time for someone to get off their ass and ride.
      It's an easy tag.
      Can't you see Mt Baker from Victoria?
      Yes I can see Mt baker. Lol...but is that good enough? Lava? Its a 1.5hr ferry ride and then a couple of hours at least ride. Not to mention going through customs. And as for riding...18000km in 11 months, isn't exactly sitting on my ass.
      No signature

Comment

Originally posted by Tweakletoes View Post
        To make it easier, it doesn't have to be a lava flow, any volcanic formation will do.
        She changed the tag, doesn't even say it has to be a close up of the volcanic formation...

I think Mt Baker is a volcanic formation from any distance.

Comment

Maybe you can find Wakulla or Space Mountain or something.
          Very interesting, no volcano, but might be worth a look see if I ever get up that way.

Another possible origin for the name Wakulla, not as widely accepted, is that it means "mist" or "misting", perhaps in reference to the Wakulla Volcano, a 19th century phenomenon in which a column of smoke could be seen emerging from the swamp for miles.

I wonder, when did the Mormons say Jesus came to America? Column of smoke, can anyone say Exodus.

Only thing that flows out of Space Mountain is tourists. It costs money to even get close enough to see it. I have to many bills and projects, to pay to get tags beyond the gas.
          GSRick
          No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
          Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

She changed the tag, doesn't even say it has to be a close up of the volcanic formation...

I think Mt Baker is a volcanic formation from any distance.
            Mount Baker is an active volcano. Just have to find a place high enough to get the mountain and the bike in the photo. I can see it from my balcony but that's the 21st floor. Too much haze today.
            Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
            Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
            1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
              Mount Baker is an active volcano. Just have to find a place high enough to get the mountain and the bike in the photo. I can see it from my balcony but that's the 21st floor. Too much haze today.
              You don't have a service elevator?
              Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

She's my daughter.

Comment

I have a chunk of lava I picked up on the Big Island, can I set it on my seat and take a couple of pics?

Comment

I hope someone rides somewhere and gets it, we're going riding tomorrow and bringing a camera. A new tag to look for would be great.
                    I guess no one in the volcanic 2/3 of the world wants to ride? Or maybe they are too busy riding to stop to play this game...

Comment

There's nothing stopping you from getting the tag.
                      Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                      1983 GS 750

Comment

Working on bikes today.

Comment

Some of us do ride and are willing to stop to take a photo, but don't have any chance of getting this tag. It's been another 48hrs. New Tag Please, or does tying up the game run in the family. Sorry i'm still not buying the daughter deal. This is your MO. Pop in once every now and then and tie up the game.
                          I like playing this game, but. Never mind.
                          GSRick
                          No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                          Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Come on, anyone can get this, except you. There are lots of members who can't walk out the front door without seeing some volcanic formations. Isn't it obvious nobody's playing?
                            A cow took three days.

Comment

Holy still no knew tag?? Lava is not the only thing that moves slow. What happened to the 48hr rule anyway? And by a first time poster no less.
                              No signature

Comment

Not me. There's a haze in the valley today. { or smog }
                                1983 GS 750

Comment

Working...
                                X