X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by koolaid_kid View Post
    What the blazes is an SK?
    When you get to the boondocks, keep going til you pass the middle of nowhere. Then hang a left. Saskatchewan, Waaaayyyy north.
    Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
    1983 GS 750

Comment

Yeah, SK is in the middle of nowhere, lol.

sorry about the extra wait, I was getting filters and oil and stuff.

Next tag is going to be.....

A border marker of some kind, must be state, province or country.
      "Welcome To ....." signs don't count.

This marks the border between Alberta and Saskatchewan in the city of Lloydminster.

There is 4 of them.

They are very tall.

Tank

Comment

Nice Tag...yes, worth the wait.
        '83 GS650G
        '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Whoo, I not sure there is anything like that down here. The closest border to me is Georgia about 2 1/2 hours north and I don't remember seeing a marker. You could smell a marker by the odor of the Georgia paper mills.

Anybody near South of the Border, South Carolina?
          GSRick
          No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
          Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Don't think we have anything but welcome signs.

Comment

Well living on an island puts me out of this one. Good tag though tank! Our American friends should have a much easier time providing this tag.
              No signature

Comment

I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like the feature you have posted, Tank. I wonder if they did it because the city exists on both sides of the border? There must be a few places (e.g Kansas City, Bristol VA/TN) that might have something similar. Actually, I know for sure that Bristol has a border marker running on the ground through it on (I think) State Street.

I might be able to head out to the Peace Arch at some point to see if I can maneuver the bike close enough to get a photo of the memorial there.
                '83 GS650G
                '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Oregon to California has a paronoia station.
                  Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                  Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                  1983 GS 750

Comment

Close as in 65 miles, 80 minutes slabbing it, have to park on the shoulder of I-70 to get the pic. I considered it, but I am preparing for a kzrider ride tomorrow. We are carrying a flag coast-to-coast on Kaws, and tomorrow is my turn. I am doing a covered bridge ride to represent Indiana's great covered bridge heritage.
                    Otherwise I might have found a way.
                    Pics will be in the "Did you take a ride today" section of this forum, even though it will be on an "off-brand" bike.

Comment

.... "off-brand" bike.
                      That's right, off brand with those Kawi's.

Ok, I'll admit I've owned one before and ridden many others, but usually they were 2 stroke wonkers trying to keep the front wheel on the pavement or folded up Ninjas, Ninja that, Ninja this.....

Comment

My favorite 2 stroke wonkers that I personally owned were my RD350s and my T500 Titan. I always wanted a white Mach III but could never afford one.
                        The GPz is actually the predecessor of the Ninjas, and many claim its KZ-based engine was the basis for the first generation of GS750s. IDK, I was riding rather than engineering at the time.

Comment

My favorite 2 stroke wonkers that I personally owned were my RD350s and my T500 Titan. I always wanted a white Mach III but could never afford one.
                          The GPz is actually the predecessor of the Ninjas, and many claim its KZ-based engine was the basis for the first generation of GS750s. IDK, I was riding rather than engineering at the time.
                          You might not be around if you owned a Mach III(never mind the stupid Mach IV) widowmaker back when helmets were not cool to wear. If you were lucky you landed on your ass when showing off, or you hit the back of your head on the pavement and wound up with a drool bucket or at a church funeral with everyone crying what a nice young man you were. I owned a '70 A7 350 that I never registered but rode around the neighborhood trying to learn to do wheelies. I also put some miles on a co-worker's GPz750 turbo way back when I was in my Norton/Triumph phase of life. Nice rush at 4k, but not enough to justify buying one for the bike "purist" in me at the time. I didn't happen upon the GS750 until later....one of the best all around bikes....good looks unlike the stodgy CB750 I owned, handled almost as good as my Brit bikes, and virtually problem free and comfortable on longer rides, and had plenty of zip.
                          ...now back to the game....border marker?
                          Last edited by Guest; 09-24-2012, 08:22 PM.

Comment

BAM! blew my head gasket, engine is pumpin oil all over the front of the bike and pipes. Stinky smokey mess.
                            Also have cords showing all the way around my rear tire, just in the last 2 days.

I'm done for the season fellas. Couple weeks earlier than I was planning on, so its not TOO heartbreaking, but still.....

If no one gets it I still have another non GS to ride to get another tag. But it will be just as difficult.

Tank

Comment

Originally posted by Steel Toed Tank View Post
                              BAM! blew my head gasket, engine is pumpin oil all over the front of the bike and pipes. Stinky smokey mess.
                              Also have cords showing all the way around my rear tire, just in the last 2 days.

I'm done for the season fellas. Couple weeks earlier than I was planning on, so its not TOO heartbreaking, but still.....

If no one gets it I still have another non GS to ride to get another tag. But it will be just as difficult.

Tank
                              Well that does suck. However it does sound like you had one hell of good season. Time to pack it in and prep for next year. I'm already looking forward to hearing of more great adventures.
                              '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Tough luck Tank. However, you did finish your season with an "EXELLENT ADVENTURE"!
                                '83 GS 1100T
                                The Jet

sigpic
                                '95 GSXR 750w
                                The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Working...
                                X