This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aren't those the same thing?

Now I've got to figure out how to get my bike in the Walmart sporting goods section.

Comment

Good times and DavidZ...nice to see you guys are a great addition to the game. Nice to see all the pics of the weird schnitt you all come up with.
      I still have my forearm cast on for 2 more weeks. I went riding twice last week cause my arm was feeling really good, but all that clutch action really worked those atrophied forearm muscles, and my wrist....both are going to take some time to get moving fluidly again.
      No biggie, I am feeling good and living vicariously as they say through all you guys. I will be back out there before ya know it.

Comment

Originally posted by loud et View Post
        Good times and DavidZ...nice to see you guys are a great addition to the game. Nice to see all the pics of the weird schnitt you all come up with.
        I still have my forearm cast on for 2 more weeks. I went riding twice last week cause my arm was feeling really good, but all that clutch action really worked those atrophied forearm muscles, and my wrist....both are going to take some time to get moving fluidly again.
        No biggie, I am feeling good and living vicariously as they say through all you guys. I will be back out there before ya know it.
        Thanks loud et. While I was putting my bike back together I would keep up with this thread thinking, "one day....."

Glad to be able to play and I know you will be as well. Working that clutch will be perfect physical therapy.

Comment

Originally posted by Good Times View Post
          Thanks loud et. While I was putting my bike back together I would keep up with this thread thinking, "one day....."

Glad to be able to play and I know you will be as well. Working that clutch will be perfect physical therapy.
          I know what you mean. I was on the site for a year before I got a tag with my GS...granted I used my Honda Shadow for some tags but my first tags with my GS were sweet.
          I am looking forward to a couple rallys too next year. You are situated perfectly for the Kentucky and WV ones . We all winter to get the bikes tip top! ha ha But damn if I wont be riding soon in this beautiful fall weather!
          Keep the tags coming fellas!

Comment

Originally posted by Good Times View Post
            Aren't those the same thing?
            Hahaha...too funny....I never thought about that...

Comment

Thanks Oldschool.....you, .... AND now the biat shop just 8 miles away are both taunting me!

Comment

What are you whining about. You only need a clutch to take off and stop. Speed shift that baby, it's easier to do on a bike than it is a car or truck. i can speed shift anything that has a clutch, from a 69 beetle to a 24' sign crane truck with a split shift rear end. Just let off the throttle for just a split second and upshift at the same time, and burp throttle a little when you down shift. Your just releasing the tension on the gears. You wont believe how easy it is and how much smoother and guicker it is getting up to speed. Down shifting is a little harder and alot of people don't down shift to engine break, so if you don't, just squeeze the clutch in till you stop. I prefer to let the engine slow me down and save wear on the brakes whenever I can.
                Last edited by gsrick; 10-01-2012, 03:39 PM.
                GSRick
                No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

I am all over that Rick. Just the little bit of stop sign clutching , I am finding is a bit much still. Not there yet.
                  FYI, just a few months ago I rode my bike home about 15 miles with no clutch (snapped cable) ADVENTURE TIME! lol
                  The only bad part was that my driveway is a nasty hill with a very short flat spot at the top in front of the garage. The 550 I was on is very hard to hit neutral in so I had to time it just right to hit the kill switch IN GEAR and grab the brakes right at the closed garage door and make sort of a clunky stop.
                  I got it

Comment

I am all over that Rick. Just the little bit of stop sign clutching , I am finding is a bit much still. Not there yet.
                    FYI, just a few months ago I rode my bike home about 15 miles with no clutch (snapped cable) ADVENTURE TIME! lol
                    The only bad part was that my driveway is a nasty hill with a very short flat spot at the top in front of the garage. The 550 I was on is very hard to hit neutral in so I had to time it just right to hit the kill switch IN GEAR and grab the brakes right at the closed garage door and make sort of a clunky stop.
                    I got it
                    Sweet, just thought I'd mention it. You'd be surprised how many people don't know how to do it.
                    GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

One bait shop.....

and the next tag is.....

Comment

New tag : SOLAR PANELS

In the past I have used electric wind turbine and rooftop mounted solar panels for tags,so keeping with my obvious interest in alternative energy I recently came across this hidden field of solar panels in Hiram, Ohio at Hiram College.
                        The tag is specifically ground or pole mounted solar panels, either a fixed spread like this or the bigger ones mounted on poles that are known for following the sun, as they turn to continually absorb the maximun amount of solar energy. Go get it!

Comment

Bait, smokes, and beer. Survival kit for a day on the water. Two out of three ain't bad. I gave up the last two, a couple of years ago.
                          GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Is a tower considered ground mounted ? Specifically a wind tower with solar panels incorporated into the structure ?
                            Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                            Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                            1983 GS 750

Comment

I was thinking sorta like these

Or, what I had posted, cause I think they are fairly common all around.
                              To answer your question , If I said no, I would feel like a terrible jerk. So,...yes? lol
                              I dont think the rules are too tight around here....unless its about carb cleaning.

Comment

We don't have any solar around here, now Garth. It rains far too much...right?

(wink wink, nudge, nudge)
                                '83 GS650G
                                '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Working...
                                X