Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No I don't think its what you had in mind. But when I looked at the field I thought it was rather ugly and was thinking of something a little different. As you have an interest in solar power here is the link. I thought it was an innovative way of combining art and architecture. I'll pass on this one unless I can find those type of panels.

Location: Private Residence, Prince Edward County, ON Description: Art glass window with exterior markers to prevent bird collisions This detail of bird-friendly glass shows the exterior markers – which are made of text taken from an article titled “The Language of Light.” My intention in this work was to create beautiful, meaningful glass that is both transparent and bird friendly.
    Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
    1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
      No I don't think its what you had in mind. But when I looked at the field I thought it was rather ugly and was thinking of something a little different. As you have an interest in solar power here is the link. I thought it was an innovative way of combining art and architecture. I'll pass on this one unless I can find those type of panels.

http://sarahhallstudio.com/press/pre...r%20Energy.pdf
      Very nice structure. I take that its near to you.
      Its definately a modern and functional sort of stained glass for a religious building. Looks good. I certainly appreciate many forms of architecture, I am sure that tower is their shining star of the complex. I am sure it is highly visible from around the block.

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post

http://sarahhallstudio.com/press/pre...r%20Energy.pdf
        I used to walk by that structure every day. It really is a cool little beacon, and I notice new things about the embedded artwork almost every time I go by it. It's not as large as it looks so you can't see it from afar, but it is the centerpiece of a square that often hosts secular events like music concerts.
        '83 GS650G
        '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Originally posted by old_skool
          Actually, that's very interesting and does fall into the energy conservation idea, but I don't think it has anything to do with solar storage like a solar cell.
          I would love to see some pics of it with a nice history on it displayed.
          Actually my curiosity is up too. I'll see if I can swing by and take some photo's and if there is a history displayed I'll photograph it as well.
          Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
          1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by old_skool
            Or obelisk

That will never get old

This coming from the only person I have ever seen use pusillanimous in a sentence, lol.

I'm in oil country, roughnecks and cowboys shun electricity from sunlight.

Also, no rideable bike.

Tank

Comment

Warning ! Do not play Scrabble for money with Old Skool !
              1983 GS 750

Comment

Oh I know what it means, and the commonly used version of it, just never saw it used in a sentence before, haha.

I once (in my youth) had a backyard fire get out of control and burn down the neighbors car, fence and garage, resulting in a couple of arson charges against me.
                While talking to a lawyer about it I dropped the word 'conflagration' into a sentence.
                He actually stopped me to ask what it meant, lol.

I tried the same thing on the judge at my trial, but he seemed to have a pretty good grasp of it's meaning!

Tank

Comment

No conflagration panels here in western Kentucky that I'm aware of. We have some coal burning energy plants though.

We also stir a tablespoon of 10w-40 in with our coffee every morning as well. Helps with the flebitus and epizoodie.

Comment

Current tag to get is:

[QUOTE=loud et;1744033]
                    I was thinking sorta like these

Comment

current tag

In the past I have used electric wind turbine and rooftop mounted solar panels for tags,so keeping with my obvious interest in alternative energy I recently came across this hidden field of solar panels in Hiram, Ohio at Hiram College.
                      The tag is specifically ground or pole mounted solar panels, either a fixed spread like this or the bigger ones mounted on poles that are known for following the sun, as they turn to continually absorb the maximun amount of solar energy. Go get it!

[/QUOTE]

Comment

Hmmmmm.... Anyone? Bueller?

Hope this one doesn't confligrate us.

Comment

Yes, I'm feeling somewhat conflagrated. Still searching though.

Comment

Yeah, tough up here too. We have an abundance of hydro electricity. Which reminds me. I wonder if LA paid their bill this month ?
                            1983 GS 750

Comment

I know where some are at, not too far from me, but I can't ride yet. Driving a car is difficult with my bunion surgery shoe, wouldn't even attempt my bike.

Comment

Gonna need a ruling on this one. I found solar panels and attempted to get a picture of them from the top of a nearby parking garage. They are installed on the top of the Ikea store. Apparently it's one of the biggest solar panel arrays in the state. Unfortunately, they are not very visible in the image. That's because the top level of the garage has been off limits since 9/11. So I have that going against me. The panels are also not ground or pole mounted as was requested, but I figured I'd give it a shot.

I'll wait for a verdict before posting a new tag . Loud_et, you want to offer your ruling?

Last edited by Guest; 10-02-2012, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X