Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think it's relavent. Frank has removed his access to the site. Case closed. If one of us posts for him, so what ? It's a game. We need more players not less. Nobody is doing anything wrong. If he asks me to post. I will.
    Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
    1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
      In Ocala, Florida, we used to take our rail buggies hill climbing in the 90's.
      Comercial and company vehicles play by different rules than personal vehicles.

I have to help someone move today, so I can't play today.
      Good luck guys, maybe we can get it done early, today is suppose to have a high of 80F.
      It,s 60F now brrrrrrrrrr. Breaking out the parka.
      Sixty degrees !! I hope you have air conditioning.
      Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
      1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
        Haha..thanks Rick. Next tag is a choice...
        Your bike in front of a radio controled airplane airpark..

or...in front of a 'pop' truck!
        Very nice Trevor, I think the early 16v 750's & 1100's (80-81) were some of the nicest GS's made.

Comment

I didn't read anything into the post. Note the smiley,.He's busted, so I just expressed my feeling that if he wants to play, why not ?
          1983 GS 750

Comment

Not sure who "certain factions" are/were but I really don't care, even though he personally attacked me. I had nothing to do with his being banned, and I still don't care one way or the other if he is on the forum. From what I read, he brought it on himself, but IDK.
            Anyway, I see no reason that the game cannot accept his tags. So, unless anyone else has an objection, he is in the game via proxy.

Comment

On another note. Could someone explain to me how a state came up with a one license plate policy ? Trying to make a cop's life miserable ? Constitutional right to bear only one license plate ? Budget cuts ? Inquiring minds want to know ?
              1983 GS 750

Comment

My car came with the kit. It resides in my attic, along with lots of other useless junk.
                My bike only has one plate also.

Comment

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
                  Very nice Trevor, I think the early 16v 750's & 1100's (80-81) were some of the nicest GS's made.
                  Thanks jwhelan, I have always been partial to them as well. I had an 83 750 (new) back when I was a teenager but I always liked the "lunchbucket" (headlight) Suzuki.
                  No signature

Comment

Originally posted by old_skool
                    A combination of individual state legislation as no one state wants to be told what to do because another one does it, but mainly, a one plate state usually gives reasons of cost, while dual plate states say it's for law enforcement, a lot of auto manufactures didn't even design the ability of certain models to have a front plate and had to be an aftermarket dealer install, even today. I used to deliver new cars as a Car Hauler and sometimes carried special kits for some vehicles going to states requiring two plates. I'm sure it won't be long before all cars carry some kind of low jack identification that can be scanned by just by being in the vicinity of the vehicle, kind of like a radar gun, point and pull all the info, in the future, I'm sure there will be no such thing as privacy.
                    If I understand you right. There are lots of states who only use one plate. How does this effect one if you travel to another state ? Or come up here ?
                    1983 GS 750

Comment

Well I'll be damned ! Just googled Canadian requirements. Three provinces and two territories require only one plate. But they must comply with requirements of any other province they travel in. I imagine you are probably the same. I can't recall ever seeing a car with only one plate. But I can't say I was really looking either. I will be now, to satisfy my curiosity.
                      1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                        Well I'll be damned ! Just googled Canadian requirements. Three provinces and two territories require only one plate. But they must comply with requirements of any other province they travel in. I imagine you are probably the same. I can't recall ever seeing a car with only one plate. But I can't say I was really looking either. I will be now, to satisfy my curiosity.
                        Anywhere I have been un the US, there are always combinations of cars from different states....many only have one front as required by thier state....I have never heard that another state here makes you follow their state law and "add" the front plate while you visit..... U.S.A. -1 , The "other North America"-0

Comment

I can't imagine it would be good for the tourist biz in either of our countries. Next time I see a cop, I'll ask him about it.
                          1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                            On another note. Could someone explain to me how a state came up with a one license plate policy ? Trying to make a cop's life miserable ? Constitutional right to bear only one license plate ? Budget cuts ? Inquiring minds want to know ?

There is at least a few provinces with only one plate too.
                            Newfoundland, Saskatchewan, Alberta, Quebec and there is more I'm told too.

Tank

Comment

If your info came from this site http://greenreality.wordpress.com/us...-requirements/ it's false.
                              Newfoundland and Saskatchewan for sure only have one plate.

Tank

Comment

Why do you need two plates. A cop can only read one at a time. lol If a cop is in front of you how is he giong to read your tag anyway. Not that it's hard, but everything viewed in a rear view mirror is backward, so technically if your going to have a tag on the front it should be printed in reverse, like on the hood of a bamulance. In alot of parking spaces down here, it is illegal to back in. Its been awhile, but when I've traveled in other states I never had a problem haveing one tag.
                                GSRick
                                No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                                Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Working...
                                X