Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got the snow part covered, but no elevation signs or ski hills in the prairies.
    Not really ANY hills, lol.

I'll be watching though!

Tank

Comment

Originally posted by Steel Toed Tank View Post
      I got the snow part covered, but no elevation signs or ski hills in the prairies.
      Not really ANY hills, lol.

I'll be watching though!

Tank
      S.T.T.

how about a cross country ski resort? Got any of those nearby?
      '83 GS650G
      '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Good thinking, but I don't know if there is.
        I know where there is a x-country skiing trail sign, but it's 100kms away.
        I'm going to google it though!

Tank

edit: There is one! Buuuuut it's 60kms each way.
        I also don't have insurance or a plate yet, and don't have enough trust in my Suzuki powered north Saskatchewan motorcycle to risk making the trip.
        It's tempting though.
        Last edited by Guest; 11-02-2012, 03:44 AM.

Comment

Not the tag, this is from a few years ago, but can anyone beat the elevation?
          Last edited by tkent02; 11-02-2012, 10:41 AM.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

nope, but I got half of it.

How could you even breath up there? lol
            I turned my bike around on a narrow foot path and though I was going to pass out.
            Took a few minutes to catch my breath.

Tank

Comment

It helps that I live at 6,000ft., but it's thin, the air goes in and out really easily but it does you no good. Riding a dirt bike up here teaches smoothness and technique, if you start fighting the machine you lose quickly. It's fun to bring flatlanders up here and watch them flail.

Cool pic you have, that's a tank of a tank bag.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post

Not the tag, this is from a few years ago, but can anyone beat the elevation?
                I might just have to give that a look see next season . Great pic.
                Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                  I might just have to give that a look see next season . Great pic.
                  Come on down, we can do a lot of riding and give each other **** in person.

Comment

Come on down, we can do a lot of riding and give each other **** in person.
                    Don't know if I could do that. We invited this Yank for a beer once and he never showed. We were hurt to the quick !
                    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                    1983 GS 750

Comment

Here's a ski area:

And....

A big wooden bear:

Or some other large carved wooden animal.

Comment

Good tag. Now if it would just stop raining.
                        1983 GS 750

Comment

Wooden bears are easy to catch even in the rain. They are even slower than hibernating bears. Go forth and conquer a big wooden bear.

Comment

If we can't find a wooden one. Can we use a real one ?
                            1983 GS 750

Comment

Sure, but none of that telephoto lens crap. You have to get right up next to him.

Comment

Sure, but none of that telephoto lens crap. You have to get right up next to him.
                                Tom, Like this close?

(does not count for Riding Game, is from spring last year)

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
                                X