Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why not take some pictures of the stones?
    You were there anyway right?

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
      Ok so we have an old cemetary as you can see from this link..interesting who is buried there too, have a look..

So my pic has several stones from the 1800s in it but can't get close enough with the bike (they don't allow motorized vehicles in there, I don't know why, I mean there all dead) If you except it I will ppost the next tag, as of course I have it ready to go. Let me know...

Hmmm, I don't know.....
      You'll have to point out which stone is Billy Barker's...1819-1894.

Comment

Ricks head blew up cramming for the ACT test. There will be a memorial on Tuesday.
        Last edited by gsrick; 11-12-2012, 09:53 PM.
        GSRick
        No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
        Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Ah... ya got it in the bag. What the hell is an ACT test ?
          Last edited by bccap; 11-11-2012, 03:01 PM.
          Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
          Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
          1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
            Ah... ya got it in the bag. What the hell is an ACT test ?
            The ACT Test | ACT
            The ACT Test is a curriculum- and standards-based educational and career planning tool that assesses students' academic readiness for college.

The ACT Test is the capstone of our College and Career Readiness System. The test uses the same score scale as ACT Explore and ACT Plan, making the system an effective tool to monitor academic progress and student growth.

Description of the ACT

The ACT (No Writing) consists of four multiple-choice tests: English, Mathematics, Reading, and Science. The ACT Plus Writing includes the four multiple-choice tests and a Writing Test.
            TestContentEnglish75 questions45 minutesMeasures standard written English and rhetorical skills.Mathematics60 questions60 minutesMeasures mathematical skills students have typically acquired in courses taken up to the beginning of grade 12.Reading40 questions35 minutesMeasures reading comprehension.Science40 questions35 minutesMeasures the interpretation, analysis, evaluation, reasoning, and problem-solving skills required in the natural sciences.Optional Writing Test1 prompt30 minutesMeasures writing skills emphasized in high school English classes and in entry-level college composition courses.

I way to see how much you forgot over the last 30 years. Basically everything that you learned in K-12 that you never use. Oh yeah, it cost $70 to find out how stupid you got since then.
            Last edited by gsrick; 11-11-2012, 04:11 PM.
            GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Well, good luck Rick. though I don't think you'll need it.
              Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
              1983 GS 750

Comment

Well, good luck Rick. though I don't think you'll need it.
                I wont know for a couple of weeks. I would have studied and refreshed the brain, if I had more than two days notice. I took the PERT test Post secondary Education Readinest Test last year at the local comunity college, but its not acceptable at where I want to go. So I thought I had to take the SAT test, which is basically the same as the ACT test and that is on Dec.1. I found out differently Tuesday while I was in line to vote. I don't think it went well, just not enough time to remember everything to where I could use it to solve timed questions. A 30 year buzz didn't help any either.

I can take it again in 60 days, but the deadline for the Radiography Program I want to take, is next month. So it will be another year and a half, if I want to go there, Adventist University of Health Sciences. It's part of the Florida Hospital system. Pretty much garaunteed a job apon graduation. Fl. Hospital is the largest hospital group in FL. They're going to build a new hospital in a couple of years, near where my parents have 26 acres on a lake. I'd like to eventually buy it from them and live there. There are 7 FL. Hosp. within a 30 min ride from where I live now. Looking for the future, if anything happens to the girl I take care of, I'm up the proverbial creek.
                GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Is the tag still a gravestone ? I see Trevor hasn't posted a new tag.
                  1983 GS 750

Comment

Is the tag still a gravestone ? I see Trevor hasn't posted a new tag.
                    I was waiting to see if it was excepted. And doesn't look tlike it was. I do have the next tag ready though if people changs there mind to keep the game moving. Let me know
                    No signature

Comment

Oh..oh. I just told Eric the tag was gravestones.
                      1983 GS 750

Comment

19th century grave stones... Right?
                        '83 GS 1100T
                        The Jet

sigpic
                        '95 GSXR 750w
                        The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Seriously bummed out here. Close to getting riding clearance from the Dr....Old graves galore out my way.
                          Hope you see me riding soon gents.

Comment

Originally posted by old_skool
                            What, you buy a snowmobile suit to go riding in, weather is getting pretty crappy.

Not to worry, same thing, crappy weather and he's been sick, trying to cough up a lung, I don't think he'll be riding till he's feeling better and he's been having a lot of snow as well.
                            He must be feeling better. He emailed me. Probably feels housebound and looking for some fresh air.
                            1983 GS 750

Comment

I can look tomorrow. There are some near by that look old and central Fl has been around long enough to have a few around. I'll see what I can find. Just to rub it in a little our high was 82 today.
                              GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
                                I can look tomorrow. There are some near by that look old and central Fl has been around long enough to have a few around. I'll see what I can find. Just to rub it in a little our high was 82 today.
                                My 52 mile commute in on the Bandit to work was at 37F, but did climb into the 40's by the time I got there. So 82 does sound nice. The ride home after dark tonight was warmer in the low 50's and actually very nice....btw, a gravestone from the 1800's is still the tag. I want Trevor to get back out there so I can see more pics of his nice blue gixxer. Is everyone too spooked to not ride into a cemetery for a close up?
                                Last edited by Guest; 11-12-2012, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X