This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by old_skool
    Tank, your insane, snow and all that is one thing, but ice trucker cold is too crazy, to me, no reason to endure it, there has to be beautiful country like your in that doesn't have to be so far north, what keeps you there? Family?
    Didn't see this post until now, somehow...

Outside of Vancouver, Southern Ontario, or the Maritimes Canada is very cold in the winter.
    Work is what was keeping me here.
    There is a major oil boom in the area that creates more jobs than there are people which drives wages way way up.

On the plus side though, I recently learned of an opportunity I may have to move to Lakeland Florida and take over my little brothers job when they relocate him to Seattle.

Now it's not confirmed or anything yet but if it works out I would be moving there before summer starts and I would be working a job that pays 3 and a half times the median income!!

Or about the same wage as here, only with less taxes and a much much lower cost of living.

I have 2 blood relatives in Canada, but I have 100+ in Florida

I'm all for it so now it's really just a waiting game to see if it pans out.

I think my odds are good as that company has employed my immediate family since my Dad graduated high school in the '70s!

So hopefully next winter Rick will have some more competition in this game!!

Comment

Hook me up with a 3 1/2 times the median income job and you can have all the tags and my 750t to get them with. Note: I don't go full Monty.
      Last edited by gsrick; 01-14-2013, 09:30 PM.
      GSRick
      No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
      Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
        My gawd Rick!!!!! We have the same hair!!!!
        Whats you talking about Willis. You can't see my hair, I'm playing pirate wearing a doo rag. A smiley face doo rag at that.
        Last edited by gsrick; 01-18-2013, 06:30 PM.
        GSRick
        No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
        Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Temp sign.

Comment

Next tag

Memorial bell...has to be actual bell. This was a Baptist church bell that used
            to be located on this site.

Last edited by Guest; 01-19-2013, 04:06 PM.

Comment

A gift from a sister city.

Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
              Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
              1983 GS 750

Comment

What timing...I just renewed my insurance so I can get back in the game.
                '83 GS650G
                '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

The new tag is a football stadium { on the left } or hockey stadium {on the right } Downsize according to where to where you live. { or up size }

Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                  1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
                    What timing...I just renewed my insurance so I can get back in the game.
                    Uh oh..... There goes the weather.
                    1983 GS 750

Comment

Wwenr forr a ridded today, made the mistake of going up in the mountains… Fingers too clod to get the camera out. Maybe I need something other than the perforated sumer gloves.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Sorry...I couldn't resist the glowing orb in the sky and the milder temperatures today. Led me straight to the insurance broker.
                        '83 GS650G
                        '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Awesome pics Garth! Your bike is looking great too. Hoping to get out tomorrow.
                          No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                            Awesome pics Garth! Your bike is looking great too. Hoping to get out tomorrow.
                            Sooooo? What came back in the truck ?
                            1983 GS 750

Comment

Sooooo? What came back in the truck ?
                              Have a look at my new thread.
                              No signature

Comment

The new tag is a football stadium { on the left } or hockey stadium {on the right } Downsize according to where to where you live. { or up size }

How come you have green grass in January? Doesn't it drop below freezing in Vancouver? Even if we have no snow, everything is brown and dead around here. Black ice is always present so bike riding is a dicey winter sport in NH!

Comment

Working...
                                X