This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bccap View Post
    That means my insurance went from $1000 to $200.
    Then I won't tell you what I pay for my three bikes, two with full coverage...
    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
      Then I won't tell you what I pay for my three bikes, two with full coverage...
      There is a difference Bob, but it's not as much as many think. Our laws require higher liability minimums plus $1000,000 under insured driver coverage.
      My coverage is for $1,000,000 of each. No collision.
      I know I'm going to regret this, but what would similar coverage cost in Illinois ?
      Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
      Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
      1983 GS 750

Comment

There is a difference Bob, but it's not as much as many think. Our laws require higher liability minimums plus $1000,000 under insured driver coverage.
        My coverage is for $1,000,000 of each. No collision.
        I know I'm going to regret this, but what would similar coverage cost in Illinois ?
        Of course you are correct.
        I only have 300K of liability, including my passenger and 100K for property on all three bikes. Plus full coverage, (collision), on the Triumph and BMW...
        Annual cost to me...$290, or $276 if paid in full at one time. USD of course.

But I bet if I bumped up to $1M in coverage, it wouldn't go up proportionally. I raised my car insurance up considerable a few years ago and the increase was very small...
        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
          Of course you are correct.
          I only have 300K of liability, including my passenger and 100K for property on all three bikes. Plus full coverage, (collision), on the Triumph and BMW...
          Annual cost to me...$290, or $276 if paid in full at one time. USD of course.

But I bet if I bumped up to $1M in coverage, it wouldn't go up proportionally. I raised my car insurance up considerable a few years ago and the increase was very small...
          That's still impressive for three bikes. It's the same here for bumping up the liability. I think Trevor carries around $5,000,000 and it's not that much more. I carry more on the car on the theory I can do a lot more damage with it. One difference is the un or underinsured driver premium we have to carry. But I don't really begrudge it as some states don't have very high liability requirements and I'm planning some trips south this year. But still those are much better rates. For some reason motorcycles are targeted in this country. God help you if you live in Quebec.
          Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
          1983 GS 750

Comment

Sorry Garth, it' a no go on the Zep, already closed. How about me in my Dennis Hopper Easy Rider jacket for a substitute.
            GSRick
            No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
            Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Next tag and since it's cold and we have limited players, I'll provide a two-fer also.
              First and the prefered tag, a Science Center. This is the Orlando Science Center and Planetarium.

Second option is a Hospital. This is Florida South, A future employer and also where I'll be going back to school. The university is out of the photo.
              GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

That's okay Rick. Someday I'll find it.
                1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
                  ....How about me in my Dennis Hopper Easy Rider jacket ..............
                  Dont have Fringe up and down the sleave?

Last edited by Redman; 02-03-2013, 09:31 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                  GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Science World built for Vancouver's Expo 86.

Last edited by bccap; 02-10-2013, 10:44 AM.
                    1983 GS 750

Comment

The next tag is an old Warehouse or building modernized and used for something other than its original purpose. Snowmobiles are acceptable for our snowed in players.

Last edited by bccap; 02-10-2013, 10:45 AM.
                      1983 GS 750

Comment

Good tag Garth...gonna have to think about this one. Gotta be something here in Victoria.
                        No signature

Comment

The next tag is an old Warehouse or building modernized and used for something other than its original purpose. Snowmobiles are acceptable for our snowed in players.

Are you sure your in Canada, Garth?
                          It looks like Soviet Union style Projects with a splash of colour at ground level.
                          Is there laws against your multi level buildings having color or colour?
                          GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                            Dont have Fringe up and down the sleave?

I had to cut them off, the windresistance was slowing me down. I don't Ride Easy!
                            Last edited by gsrick; 02-04-2013, 09:13 PM.
                            GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
                              Are you sure your in Canada, Garth?
                              It looks like Soviet Union style Projects with a splash of colour at ground level.
                              Is there laws against your multi level buildings having color or colour?
                              It's a really grey day. But they're no screaming Hell.The buildings you are looking at are the Olympic Village for the athletes. The idea was to sell them off at astronomical prices after the games. They're all green, some with grass roofs and recycled water and weird energy sources. Which of course is all malfunctioning. But hey, if you want 600 sq.ft. for half a million dollars its a great rocation. { not a typo }
                              Last edited by bccap; 02-04-2013, 09:21 PM.
                              1983 GS 750

Comment

That's the "athletes building"?
                                We left in 9/10 and I do not think I went down that way.

Thanks for playing in the game. I see many of your pics and know exactly where they are.

Chris
                                Last edited by mottyl; 02-05-2013, 09:49 PM. Reason: bad spelling
                                1983 750 Katana
                                1982 750 Katana (parts use)
                                1983 RZ350

Comment

Working...
                                X