Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A church with a belfry. This one was modeled after Danish ones of the 12th century. There are two model ships inside hanging from the ceiling which is traditional in Denmark. Unfortunately there was no one around so no pics.

Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
    1983 GS 750

Comment

The next tag is a marina. Or for you inlanders a jogging path. This one is called the sea wall in Coal harbour.

Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
      1983 GS 750

Comment

Good one Garth! I see rusty Seaspan scows in the background too! I met up with Trevor and we found a marina! This is the Oak Bay Marina where all of the snobs tie up their yachts and run up huge bar bills!

Next tag to follow shortly!

Last edited by eddie21; 02-23-2013, 09:02 PM.
        IBA# 12860
        Iron Butt SS1000 & BB1500
        1984 KZ1100R
        2008 Kawasaki KLR650
        2011 Concours 1400

Comment

Ok..next tag...is a Fish Chip place...bonus if you can play the game with a fellow GSRrrrr
          No signature

Comment

How were the fish and chips ?
            1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
              How were the fish and chips ?
              This is one of my favourite joints in town. I swing by here every now and then and have their Oyster burger, truly awesome! The fries are so good I don't even use taste remover, er, I mean ketchup! Just a little salt and they're perfect.

(However, on this day we just stopped by for a photo)
              IBA# 12860
              Iron Butt SS1000 & BB1500
              1984 KZ1100R
              2008 Kawasaki KLR650
              2011 Concours 1400

Comment

Originally posted by eddie21 View Post
                I mean ketchup!
                I thought you guys are the malt vinegar types . Nice photos and game playing. I woulda used that Orca for a real challenge .
                82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Just remember. It's all Photoshopped. There's really two feet of snow here ! We don't want to lose our rep...
                  1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
                    I thought you guys are the malt vinegar types . Nice photos and game playing. I woulda used that Orca for a real challenge .
                    HE HE, not for me.

Fishy tater place, Long Johns.

Sorry for the really crappy photos. My flip phone + low light =
                    Time for a really tough one. Ferris Wheel or any amusement ride.

GSRick
                    No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                    Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

I hope somebody else from Florida or California is playing. It's FEBRUARY.!!
                      1983 GS 750

Comment

I hope somebody else from Florida or California is playing. It's. FEBRUARY.!!
                        You have to realize that when you have your fairs up north, we don't.
                        This is the time of year they put up small events in parking lots to test for any defects and work the bugs out in the equipment. Free admisson to snowbirds and foreigners, so they can't complain if there are malfunctions. To make it easier, it doesn't have to be a ferris wheel. A merry-go-round, kiddie roller coaster, miniature train ride, bumper cars, any ride you normally associate with a fair will do.
                        Last edited by gsrick; 02-25-2013, 09:30 AM.
                        GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Just razzing you Rick....We'll find something.
                          1983 GS 750

Comment

Just remember. It's all Photoshopped. There's really two feet of snow here ! We don't want to lose our rep...
                            There really is 2 feet of snow here...well a lot more with 15" more dropped yesterday. It's not the cold but the roads, with snow and ice, are impossible to safely ride with the bike so not much contribution to the game from me other than this morning's pix from my deck. Snowshoeing, not riding is the sport of the day here.

Comment

Beautiful scene Lurch, but you can keep it. One ferris wheel.

1983 GS 750

Comment

So where is the next tag already.
                                Last edited by gsrick; 02-25-2013, 08:45 PM.
                                GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Working...
                                X