Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I get a rain free afternoon we have some nice canopy roads around here. Giant 100+ year old Oaks and Cypress trees with Spanish moss hanging of them. I love riding through them as they are usually about 10 degrees cooler. Down here we take a 10 degree drop anytime we can get it.

File photo:

GSRick
    No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
    Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Nice photos...now go get it!

Comment

Canopy..The weather here in NJ is absolutely beautiful this morning, save for a bit of wind. Had a nice jaunt on the cycle

sigpic
        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
        -Rusty old scooter.
        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Next tag:

Future for all of us. Forgotten or historical cemetery.

In the ground for 214 years....
          sigpic
          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
          -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Rick and dorkburger. Both places look like nice places to ride....
            Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
            Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
            1983 GS 750

Comment

Don't tell anyone, but New Jersey has some nice areas to ride if one has local knowledge....I guess most places are like that though.
              sigpic

Glen
              -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                Don't tell anyone, but New Jersey has some nice areas to ride if one has local knowledge....I guess most places are like that though.
                Yeah, but the cuckoos on the road in Jersey out way the nice places to ride, been there, done that. Nice tag and a good new one. A "Historical" is the keyword, not just a boneyard

Comment

We do have stupid/distracted/maniacal drivers by the boatload. i'm lucky enough to have some rural areas near me, plus staying away from the big highways, big towns/cities, and the avioding the beach helps..i take it that you've spent time here? As far as the tag, i'm happy that as a relative newbie here, that i've been able to add some interesting tags. Thanks.
                  sigpic

Glen
                  -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

I have a picture for the tag but am at work now and don't have a new tag ready. If no one gets it today ill post it up tomorrow before work.

Comment

There is no true historical items in central Fl. only along the coastal areas, we technically didn't exist till air conditioning was invented.
                      GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Originally posted by xxBenJamminxx View Post
                        I have a picture for the tag but am at work now and don't have a new tag ready. If no one gets it today ill post it up tomorrow before work.
                        The rules, correct me if Im wrong, are that the picture needs to be taken within your "last ride" (or 24hours). You cant be pulling stuff off of your inter-google library and call it "the riding game" Thats not what we are here for......we are here for riding.

Comment

Originally posted by David-Z View Post
                          The rules, correct me if I'm wrong, are that the picture needs to be taken within your "last ride" (or 24hours). You cant be pulling stuff off of your inter-google library and call it "the riding game" That's not what we are here for......we are here for riding.
                          I think you misunderstood him, I could be wrong in my thinking as well, but the way I interpreted him was, that he had the tag, but didn't want to post it till he had his new tag in hand as well(said he doesn't have his new tag ready), and since he was at work, he couldn't post till this morning sometime. Yeah we don't want old saved tags, but we usually don't hold it to 24 hours, example; you get the tag, but when you are getting ready to post it, you see you've been beat by another member, but you already had a new tag ready to use as well, now as long as the new tag isn't saved for weeks/months/etc no one usually belly-aches about using that if you happen to get one of the next tags, you just can't go around snapping pics and hope one of them will pop up soon, rules are just guidelines as not to make the game too easy or less fun, no citations are being handed out.
                          It's still a game, to get us all riding more with friendly competition, but we don't want to be too big a stick in the mud, or we'll lose players.

Comment

Yes exactly. I took it at about 3pm on my way to work. Just didn't want to hold up the game without a new tag ready as I thought that was polite thing to do. Worked till 3 am n am now up with kids. Will go out and get a new tag photoin a few hours when the wife gets home.

Comment

Originally posted by David-Z View Post
                              The rules, correct me if Im wrong, are that the picture needs to be taken within your "last ride" (or 24hours). You cant be pulling stuff off of your inter-google library and call it "the riding game" Thats not what we are here for......we are here for riding.
                              By the way... its things like this that discourage people from even wanting to participate.

Comment

As official co-chairman, I'm good with it. No one else has posted besides me. Atleast he is being truthful and it is with in a 24 hour period. Post away, but it better be good or you will be severly ridiculed.
                                GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Working...
                                X