Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you were wearing those new prescription riding glasses, you might want to have another talk with the maker, I think you got someone elses scripts.
    GSRick
    No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
    Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

HA! at 40 i cant read without squinting.. glasses are in my near future. Faded wiring diagrams are becoming quite the beeatch to read.
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Hey, I not complaining (well I guess I am), but how much money do you have to put in the tip jar to get atleast a site suporter under my avitar?
        GSRick
        No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
        Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Originally posted by gs rick View Post
          Hey, I not complaining (well I guess I am), but how much money do you have to put in the tip jar to get at least a site supporter under my avatar?
          Any amount pretty much, I didn't have much but donated something anyway last year, I think it might be like a 50 spot to get a super site supporter.

There was something on TV a while back, one of those science channels and they were showing how after only seeing a few letters our brains immediately attempt to finish spelling the word, they would show a few letters and tell us what word we were thinking, they were uncanny how they were right every time and the word was actually something different. I past the place up and caught a glimpse of the sign and turned around, never really looked at it again till I was focusing in on the pic Was in a hurry as I was parked sideways in front of the store.

Comment

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
            If you were wearing those new prescription riding glasses, you might want to have another talk with the maker, I think you got someone elses scripts.
            Haven't got those yet, still at the lab funny guy

Comment

Ok you wanted more players so I'm in again .

Here's your mom and pop place.

Next a local Prairie Preserve or Natural area. Cannot be part of a city park.
              Last edited by Guest; 06-17-2013, 03:40 PM.

Comment

The Honda came out looking real fine, Jeff....
                Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                  The Honda came out looking real fine, Jeff....
                  Thanks Bob, you should know where that mom and pop place is . Just up the road from your favorite brewery.

They should have Fat Squirrel again soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Whitedog View Post
                    Excellent news...Amy and will be heading up in mid-July for a K-bike forum ride.
                    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

By natural area, do you mean someplace that is preserved and protected but not in a park ? { nothing wrong with the Honda }
                      Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                      Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                      1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                        By natural area, do you mean someplace that is preserved and protected but not in a park ? { nothing wrong with the Honda }
                        Preserved, protected or restored. Has to be a stand alone unit but could be part of a larger state, providence or national park. Just not a pond with a wetlands in a city or county or parish park. I would think that PUBLIC hunting grounds or land owned by the Nature Conservancy would qualify also.

Its a chance to get a tag out side of the city.

Comment

Personally ,I don't mind a non GS. That's a sweet little Honda. If/when my scooter is legal, I'd like to get a tag with it. It,ll have to be nearby thouigh....
                          sigpic
                          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                          -Rusty old scooter.
                          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

To Baatfam:

Originally posted by Whitedog View Post
                            Thanks Bob, you should know where that mom and pop place is . Just up the road from your favorite brewery.

Be sure and try some Totally Naked. Good refreshing flavor. My wife thinks it goes good with being in that state.

Comment

Originally posted by Whitedog
                              Ok, a little background on this statement. I used to play fairly often but quit mid summer last year after a member who shall remain unnamed unloaded on me in a PM for posting tags with my GSX 1100G or one of my other non Suzuki bikes. I realize not many people here care what you ride as long as you are having fun. So I'll try to help keep this game interesting by adding some WI/IL tags until I get railroaded for not using a Suzuki GS again.

Don't currently own one but may find the right project in the future. Always looking.
                              Nobody railroaded you, you allowed yourself to be intimidated, this is a public forum, don't worry about what one or two may say, I ride a non GS, you can ride a Harley butt naked if you want (just keep yourself out of the pic if you do) It's "The Riding Game" not the GS game, this is probably the one of only a couple topics any bike goes. And as far as not owning a GS, we have several members who no longer own one, doesn't make them any less welcome, you'll find the majority of people here feel the same, I only own one last non running GS, and when it's complete, I'll sell it as well, and probably only buy one when it seems reasonable as a project and sell it off as well. I can understand if non GS postings start ending up in GS threads, which is why we now have other bikes and other projects to encompass those. But this is a non technical thread which it's sole purpose is camaraderie amongst each other, fun, riding, pictures, along with learning about places where all our contributing members ride...and the occasional BS slung around. So keep yer knickers on and enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by old_skool View Post
                                Nobody railroaded you, you allowed yourself to be intimidated, this is a public forum, don't worry about what one or two may say, I ride a non GS, you can ride a Harley butt naked if you want (just keep yourself out of the pic if you do) It's "The Riding Game" not the GS game, this is probably the one of only a couple topics any bike goes. And as far as not owning a GS, we have several members who no longer own one, doesn't make them any less welcome, you'll find the majority of people here feel the same, I only own one last non running GS, and when it's complete, I'll sell it as well, and probably only buy one when it seems reasonable as a project and sell it off as well. I can understand if non GS postings start ending up in GS threads, which is why we now have other bikes and other projects to encompass those. But this is a non technical thread which it's sole purpose is camaraderie amongst each other, fun, riding, pictures, along with learning about places where all our contributing members ride...and the occasional BS slung around. So keep yer knickers on and enjoy!
                                That isn't a GS ??!!
                                Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                                Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                                1983 GS 750

Comment

Working...
                                X